Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

What hell is a CARTRAGE?...

Its what you shoot a 'varmit' with...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wait....
Are you guys trying to say magazine editors aren't lining up to publish an "article" that is based completely on data compiled from other people's research in already published loading manuals, and consisting of essentially one paragraph, two examples and a loose sentence?

Your kidding right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

Its what you shoot a 'varmit' with...

...but what if you use the varmit to make vittles?
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to me someone once said, thems that know the least type the most, or something like that.

Ackley Improved...The Immaculate Misconception. wink

1flier

Black Olives Matter!!
Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Never heard of anyone getting an "improved" chamber just to shoot the standard velocities before,amazing.....ya know its so stupid it might catch on wink

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is the product of nearly two generations of public education spiraling towards lunacy..........

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DELGUE
This never was a serious thread to begin with. Ol' Shod was just playing the provocateur and stirring the pot some. He's no more a gunwriter than Swampy is. smile

I havent taken the time to read the thread( computers been down...) but I have no misconceptions about the AI..

My .223 AI instantly shot at light speeed and was completely unaffected by gravity and the laws of physics...a VAST improvement over the basic .223...... whistle

Buck the trend Ingwe, use the vanilla .223 theres no need to get it Artificially Inseminated... laugh

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I think AI sounds better than RI...but I will just keep to loading hot to the chamber thats in the gun. Am no speedracer...and I aint that slow either...how many factory loads do you see for these little quirks - none....you know why - lawyers...you think that little neck-angle thing does all that much...not really. No free lunch.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This never was a serious thread to begin with. Ol' Shod was just playing the provocateur and stirring the pot some. He's no more a gunwriter than Swampy is. smile

I havent taken the time to read the thread( computers been down...) but I have no misconceptions about the AI..

My .223 AI instantly shot at light speeed and was completely unaffected by gravity and the laws of physics...a VAST improvement over the basic .223...... whistle

My friend Ingwe,

Next time you are at the rifle range, please pay more attention!!!

As you stated, the Ackley Improved cartridges DO INDEED shoot at the Speed of Light. That being said, you totally MISSED THREE highly important aspects of the Ackley rounds.

1) The Ackley cartridges shoot FLAT, but over extended range, say two-thousand yards (our average whitetail shot) the bullets defeat gravity totally and they shoot just a BCH HIGH.

2) Also, when killing whitetail, mooses and such critters, the animal is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD just a few tenths of a second before you actually pull the trigger. Them sumbitches are faaaassst!!

3) Something we AckleyDudes take for granite, simply because we get used to frackin' magic, is that the meat of our bonked corpus delicious' taste kinda smokey. I'm thinking this is because we really, really, really SMOKE them buggers. Yeah!!!

God Bless,

Your buddy Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
It is the product of nearly two generations of public education spiraling towards lunacy..........

I wonder if he is a blackbelt from So-Cal too?.... wink

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He certainly fits the profile.......

Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bigsqueeze certainly has enough stupid for about 20 different screen names..

but I think shoddy is another poster spreading his ample stupid around.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shod screwed up in calling what he wrote an "article" and by fleshing out his argument by using poor comparisons plucked from a loading manual but his primary mistake was basing his entire "article" on a false premise. The premise that most people prefer to load their cartridges on the low side of the spectrum.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dogzapper

My friend Ingwe,

As you stated, the Ackley Improved cartridges DO INDEED shoot at the Speed of Light. That being said, you totally MISSED THREE highly important aspects of the Ackley rounds.

1) The Ackley cartridges shoot FLAT, but over extended range, say two-thousand yards (our average whitetail shot) the bullets defeat gravity totally and they shoot just a BCH HIGH.

2) Also, when killing whitetail, mooses and such critters, the animal is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD just a few tenths of a second before you actually pull the trigger. Them sumbitches are faaaassst!!

3) Something we AckleyDudes take for granite, simply because we get used to frackin' magic, is that the meat of our bonked corpus delicious' taste kinda smokey. I'm thinking this is because we really, really, really SMOKE them buggers. Yeah!!!

God Bless,

Your buddy Steve

Thanks for clarification Steve, but I feel I must elaborate on point #1..

The light speed of the .223AI coupled with my rocket fast 1 in 12" twist results in the bullet spinning so fast ( its a left hand twist by the way...) that it completely overrides the Coriolis Effect, which is what makes it impervious to the effects of gravity, and the laws of physics..

Of course, if you are taking a .223AI south of the equator, you will need a right hand twist to achieve the same effect....

Just sayin.... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by dogzapper

My friend Ingwe,

God Bless,

Your buddy Steve

Thanks for clarification Steve, but I feel I must elaborate on point #1..

The light speed of the .223AI coupled with my rocket fast 1 in 12" twist results in the bullet spinning so fast ( its a left hand twist by the way...) that it completely overrides the Coriolis Effect, which is what makes it impervious to the effects of gravity, and the laws of physics..

Of course, if you are taking a .223AI south of the equator, you will need a right hand twist to achieve the same effect....

Just sayin.... whistle

WOW!

Didn't know that... laugh

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, yeahhhhhhhhhh gringringrin

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Duh!!! Everybody knows that. whistle

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I appreciate Steve and Ingwe presenting the facts on Ackleys

It would be helpful to know a little bit more on the recommended rate of twist when hunting near the equator--am a bit fuzzy on that yet.

Defend the Constitution
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Maybe we should relax a little, since Shod was paid exactly what his article is worth.

Does that 'tip of the hat' qualify Shod to post his chops on your 'gunwriter's background' thread?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tomk
I appreciate Steve and Ingwe presenting the facts on Ackleys

It would be helpful to know a little bit more on the recommended rate of twist when hunting near the equator--am a bit fuzzy on that yet.

If you are right ON the equator, you'll need a smoothbore, twist gets tighter as you approach either pole...

Sheesh...didn't think I'd even need to explain that...

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, 6 invisible), 1,350 guests, and 676 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,519
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.