Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Rock Center on NBC is now attacking the Remington pump/auto rifles and shotguns due to an "unsafe" safety.

Here we go again.

Can't wait to see another unbiased news segment on guns

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gun companies should just eliminate safeties all together an if you are stupid enough to shoot yourself, so be it

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
WOW, did anyone know that the safety of an 870 just kept the trigger from being pulled and not the hammer from falling if the gun was dropped?

Just amazing!

Someone needs to advise NBC of Rule #1, Never point a weapon at anything you do not wish to destroy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're getting quite the head start on Hunting season this year

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Wow...not even an attempt at fairness.

NRA/TSRA Life
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Mulerider
Wow...not even an attempt at fairness.
In 1985 NBC publicly stated they were and would not be "fair" when reporting on firearms. (remember when they filmed the guys shooting sem-autos but broadcast it using a sound track of full auto fire?)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
reminds me of the 60 minutes hack job on pickup saddle tanks for fuel....they couldn't prove their point so the used a model rocket engine to ignite it...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a dam thing wrong with the 870 Wing Master Pump shotgun, I had one in 28 ga. I was able to kill stuff with that shotgun when I could not hit a dam thing with a Winchester 1400. One fit the other didn't and was clunky and heavy. And No I did shoot myself with with it or anybody else.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Not a dam thing wrong with the 870 Wing Master Pump shotgun, I had one in 28 ga. I was able to kill stuff with that shotgun when I could not hit a dam thing with a Winchester 1400. One fit the other didn't and was clunky and heavy. And No I did shoot myself with with it or anybody else.

Sounds to me like some of you guys should take Brian Williams hunting.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bea175
Gun companies should just eliminate safeties all together an if you are stupid enough to shoot yourself, so be it

Every crossbolt shotgun safety ever made blocked the trigger, not the hammer. How is a cross bolt going to reach up into the receiver and grab the hammer...?

DF

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Never had any trouble at all with any of my Remington's safeties, 700's, 870's, 11-87's, 7600's all work great. wink

Now the last three "NEW" Remington products I bought. . . . .now that's a different story. Might not be buying anymore Remington products since the last three all have to be sent back for repairs. mad

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My new Remington and new Marlin buying is on hold. If I want one of either, I'll find a good used one.

Fortunately, I'm pretty well supplied with 70's and 80's vintage examples of both.

DF

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No problems with 5 Remington rifle/shotguns with the same type trigger assembly. Any firearm with a cross bolt safety only blocks the trigger. Few firearms these days have a sear/firing pin block in long arms. BTW, kitchen knives and ball bats have no safety. Like firearms they're only weapons when the person holding them makes them one. Same for vehicles. Vehicles may not have the velocity of a .22 short but they all have more kinetic energy than an elephant rifle.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So,

What did Remingtion do to NBC?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haters will be along shortly to tell us they wouldn't own a shotgun they couldn't carry loaded without and open breach.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
After the Trayvon Martin fiasco I am surprised NBC thinks they have any credibility.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by temmi
So,

What did Remingtion do to NBC?

Snake

create viewers in the polls!

Remington = deep pockets, old American manufacturing.
Making a product the public demands.
Now?
It must pay millions in legal defense because some azz hat shot a toe off.

When Remington is gone, NBC will go after Smith & Wesson..
Colt.. Ruger
anyone they can.

Notice how GM is getting a pass now that it is Gubment Motors?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76
reminds me of the 60 minutes hack job on pickup saddle tanks for fuel....they couldn't prove their point so the used a model rocket engine to ignite it...
That wasn't 60 Minutes, it was NBC. From wiki
General Motors v. NBC

Dateline NBC aired an investigative report on Tuesday, November 17, 1992, titled �Waiting to Explode�. The 60 minute program was about General Motors pickup trucks allegedly exploding upon impact during accidents due to the poor design of fuel tanks. Dateline's film showed a sample of a low speed accident with the fuel tank exploding. In reality, Dateline NBC producers had rigged the truck�s fuel tank with remotely controlled model rocket engines to initiate the explosion. The program did not disclose the fact that the accident was staged. GM investigators studied the film, and discovered that smoke actually came out of the fuel tank six frames before impact. GM subsequently filed an anti-defamation/libel lawsuit against NBC after conducting an extensive investigation. On Monday, February 8, 1993, GM conducted a highly publicized point-by-point rebuttal in the Product Exhibit Hall of the General Motors Building in Detroit that lasted nearly two hours after announcing the lawsuit.[6] The lawsuit was settled the same week by NBC, and Jane Pauley read a 3 minute 30 second on-air apology to viewers.

The lawsuit and subsequent settlement was arguably the most devastating blow for NBC in a series of reputation damaging incidents during the 1990s and early 2000s. Within NBC, Michael Gartner, who resigned shortly after the incident, was the source for much of the blame. Then-NBC News President Reuven Frank stated Gartner was hired in 1988, despite no TV news background, in an attempt to satisfy parent-company General Electric by replacing current journalists with cheaper, less experienced reporters and producers.[7]

The following Dateline NBC producers were dismissed: Jeff Diamond, executive producer; David Rummel, senior producer; and Robert Read, producer of the report on the pickups. Michele Gillen, the reporter involved in the segment, was transferred to Miami station WTVJ. Michael G. Gartner, president of the news division, resigned under pressure.

Last edited by dh1; 04/12/12.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
yep, it was NBC back before GM was government owned.
Now Obama motors has a pass.
Now, NBC is only interested in driving private industry away.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,173
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.