Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

One of the biggest problems is the complexity of the tax code. Our personal return is over 200 pages. I don't even pretend to understand it. I just have to trust the CPA and sign the forms and send the checks.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I gotta pay too, but damn if their getting it before the 17th deadline. I'll wait til Tuesday to send mine in.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I usually take it to the PO and watch as they round stamp it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got on Social Security this year and it gripes me to have to pay taxes on that, plus on the 401K money I take out. Understand the 401K, as no taxes were paid when it was put there but SS taxed???? TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Just got on Social Security this year and it gripes me to have to pay taxes on that, plus on the 401K money I take out. Understand the 401K, as no taxes were paid when it was put there but SS taxed???? TM

You don't have to take out 401k money until the year after you turn 70 and a half. Leave it in until then so it can grow tax free.

www.paracay.com

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
listening to the news today, apparently mr. obama only has to pay 20% of his income in taxes, while im up around 40%
i sure hope we can get the tax code reformed to a flat rate.

yeah right!

=========================================================
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm SOOO glad I got to pay through the teeth so those fatcat bureaucrats could have their lavish party in Las Vegas. What would they do without us? mad

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I got $900 back in state taxes about a month ago. $1,500 will be transfered Sunday to the Feds. Last year it was over $4,000. We should do a little better next year. I retired in May 2010, my wife in May 2011. We both were teachers. Because of the way we were paid we actually made more in the year we retired, but were taxed at a lower rate on the retirement income. 2012 will be the first year all of our income will be from our retirement so we should come pretty close to breaking even at the end of the year. We may be at the point where we will be better off taking the standard deduction. Our home is paid off, kids grown and we have very little to claim as deductions after this year.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
Originally Posted by amr7333

We pay quarterly. Actually got a little back from last year. It was applied to the first quarter and had to cut another check to cover the balance.

I keep looking for the 48% to step up and do "their share". Personally, I don't think taking entitlements constitutes "their share".

While you are looking for the deadbeats to pay their share when they can't even pay attention, I'm looking for the wealthy to pay their share, when they have the money and will get by just fine.

Now who has the most realistic chance of getting someone to pay their share?

Actually, I never said pay their share. I said DO their share. Now that I have thought about that statement, I realize they won't because they don't have to. The sooner we figure out how to get them off the entitlement payroll, the better off this nation will be.

You liberal whiney beotches get on the bandwagon spouting drivel about it being the rich peoples duty to pay more need to realize the rich are tired of being the only ones doing something.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Te so called "rich" pay most of the income tax.

www.paracay.com

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got back from the PO...wanted to avoid the rush. I'm tired of taxes

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Total obligation to the feds is now over 30% of earned income.

Not even the most crushing, tyrannical governments in history can claim that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T.E.A.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Taxes are not due until next Tuesday the 17th. I'll post mine Tuesday.

www.paracay.com

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just got the call from the tax man who asked if I wanted my refund in the form of a check, direct deposit or gift card. A gift card!??

Wonder how many people make that selection and never use it.

WTF!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I am proud to be part of the 52% who actually pays taxes. I just cut a substantial check to subsidize the 48% who pay NOTHING!

Just paying my "fair share".

Yup and when your drawing SSI,you will thank others for contributing because our Congress can't keep there fingers out of our Social Security deductions.

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I actually got an $18 refund..............

Of course the wife and I claim 0 deductions and have an extra $150 taken out each pay. I feel rich. Not.

Last year was a $5500 check, hence the $150 extra. We paid more in taxes this year than our combined income when we first got married.

Come on November!

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Everyone bitches about paying into the system but does not think they could possibly have an event that would end there current career as they know it.Money flow gone and know job and what then with all the money they have payed into the system?

Are you immune to a Heart Attack or maybe Diabetes/Lung disease/Parkinsons/MS or anything that would disable you to do gainful employment at your current job?

Think Republican and work until your an 85 years old checker at the local supermarket.

Sorry..The republicans suck this term trying to rob the seniors of what they have already paid in and they spent on something else..

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter

Sorry..The republicans suck this term trying to rob the seniors of what they have already paid in and they spent on something else..

Jayco

[Linked Image]

The Paul Ryan plan doesn't affect anyone 55 and older.

Those in my generation and younger know that unless the current system is changed dramatically, Social Security and Medicare will NOT be there when we retire.

Furthermore, anyone who hasn't taken proactive steps throughout their life to save and prepare for their retirement or loss of employment, and is instead counting on SSI or any other governmental assistance to meet their needs is a [bleep] moron.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Furthermore, anyone who hasn't taken proactive steps throughout their life to save and prepare for their retirement or loss of employment, and is instead counting on SSI or any other governmental assistance to meet their needs is a [bleep] moron.

You are a "It can't happen to me guy" for sure....Loose your job/insurance and see how long your stash last.

Jayco

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1lessdog, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,237
Posts18,504,505
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.