Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by E Blair
Maybe it is just me, but I can't see spending $3,000+ on a rifle just being brought out on the market. You would know what you were buying if it was a Krieghoff Ubertus, for example. The Luxus might look nice, but who knows for sure. It may not be around in five years. But it's your money!;-)

No Mr Blair, it's not just you.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will stick with K95's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take a look at one when I get the chance.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Best wishes to an American gun company! That said, the ugly thing on the right side of the reciever is a no no. That, and the lines don't flow between the receiver and the trigger guard. The gun just looks goofy to me, but at least it's not like the abortion thompson center just came out with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stunning wood but I think you need to start with a clean sheet of paper (or more likely, a clean CAD screen) on the action design.
The projection on the RH side of the action and the entire bottom of the action leave me cold.
The lockup also seems very Handi-Rifle to me. Something along the lines of the locking block on the K-95 would be more in keeping with the price and the intended market.
The list of standard chamberings reads like that of Savage or Remington. Add some pizazz to the standard offerings.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll likely check it out at the NRA show in STL next weekend...

Andrew
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by lovemy99

Look forward to a report. Especially in regards to your views on the function and lockup design.

Study it closely, don't get to distracted by the fancy wood- remember "all that glitters" ..etc..

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by E Blair

I was thinking along those lines as well, although I'd put 3K toward a Dakota 10....

+1

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a .270 Dakota M10 on GB a few months ago that went for a little over $3k. I still kick myself for not biting on it, but just could not justify it at the time. It's arguably the best, most refined looking SS action, clean and devoid of screws. JMB accomplished a clean design with the 1885's. Ditto the Ruger #1, and the Stevens.

The Sidehammer Sharps I admire for its history, but I don't think the actions are especially good looking. Ditto the old Field's Patent falling block I owned for a while, the Martini, the European guns, or the other various English guns, like the Fahrquharson.

But regardless of how nice the wood is - or isn't on the Luxus, the action design just looks like an afterthought to me. It may have been designed that way for ease of machining, disassembly, cleaning, or whatever, but in general a single shot is targeted to be the consumate sporting rifle - simple, strong, and elegant.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by lovemy99

Look forward to a report. Especially in regards to your views on the function and lockup design.

Study it closely, don't get to distracted by the fancy wood- remember "all that glitters" ..etc..

very unhappy about it but I had to travel out of town yesterday for work and work all weekend so I am not able to go... the damn conventions is 3 or 4 miles from my house and I'm not going to be able to go...

Andrew
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For what it's worth, I own a Luxus M11. I also own a Blaser K-95. Both rifles are outstanding examples of switch barrel capable platforms.
I am very proud to own one and would recommend to my friends they investigate the Luxus M11 if they were in the market for a single shot rifle.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Knock yourself out on the whole switch barrel business. While there may be some real application for it somewhere, it looks to me like a novelty for the well-heeled and innocent. If it makes you happy, I'm all for you. I'm also sure they aren't for me.

The main reason I'll take a couple rifles on a hunting trip is for a complete spare, one that is known in its capabilities. Something breaks on the switch barrel, and it's broken for both.

H
H
I looked real close at these guns at dsc. They are a system that takes down and collapses into a small case an that there is no novelty for anyone especially those of us who travel to hunt, its a convenience sir!
As for them breaking I was informed they are so lid steel construction an not some cheap ass aloy like many other single shots that take down. Was also informed the trigger is based on a design by john browning, like just about every revolver pistol made. Never had one of them break, have you?

Like mr freman stated:
Funny thing is all the guys who have nice things to say about these weapons have either handled then or bought them. The ones who bad mouth them haven't even picked one up. A foolish thing to do is comment on a horse before your ass ever sits in the saddle, isn't it geniuses?

Even if I don't buy one I respect the grit to bring it to market.

Last edited by hung; 04/16/12.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
OK hung. But you don't have to be a genius to look at something and determine that it is BUTT UGLY! Beauty is ofcourse an opinion and we are damn sure entitled to state our opinions.

H
H
was a time when I considered the original farq's to be ugly. I was a bolt action lover and everything else lacked visual stimuli in my eyes.
I don't think that way anymore, and regret ever thinking that way. I stil love bolt guns but lust for single shots these days.
I never said the m-11 is the most beautiful hound in the hunt, but that little bitch looks to have one hell of a good hunting nose on her.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by hung
was a time when I considered the original farq's to be ugly. I was a bolt action lover and everything else lacked visual stimuli in my eyes.
I don't think that way anymore, and regret ever thinking that way. I stil love bolt guns but lust for single shots these days.
I never said the m-11 is the most beautiful hound in the hunt, but that little bitch looks to have one hell of a good hunting nose on her.

"A foolish thing to do is comment on a horse before your ass ever sits in the saddle"...positively wrong. I do hope you know more about guns than you do about horses.

I've been in the horse business as a sideline for over 25 years and I always judge a horse before I take a seat. Many horses I won't ride, for a number of reasons...kinda like guns. But then you knew that, as you are a genius.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GF1
Knock yourself out on the whole switch barrel business. While there may be some real application for it somewhere, it looks to me like a novelty for the well-heeled and innocent. If it makes you happy, I'm all for you. I'm also sure they aren't for me.

The main reason I'll take a couple rifles on a hunting trip is for a complete spare, one that is known in its capabilities. Something breaks on the switch barrel, and it's broken for both.

I like switch barrrel guns but this is not the only hunting gun I have. I'm not inclined to put myself in a box if going on a trip by placing all my eggs into one basket. I do appreciate your interest in my happiness, nonetheless.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GF1
Originally Posted by hung

"A foolish thing to do is comment on a horse before your ass ever sits in the saddle"...positively wrong. I do hope you know more about guns than you do about horses.

I've been in the horse business as a sideline for over 25 years and I always judge a horse before I take a seat. Many horses I won't ride, for a number of reasons...kinda like guns. But then you knew that, as you are a genius.

Hey Roy Rogers, do you think you might have missed a metaphor?

H
H
Lmao! Some of you are like a bunch of silly ole women with chapped inner thighs, and not for the right reasons. Your reasons are your over-weight and bloated with arrogance.
GF1, how do you do at horse races? wink not so good, do you?

I may or may not be a gene-E-us but I'm certainly not a hypocrite with liberal doses of know-it-all aire laced through my posts.

Osu sig you seem like you are wise and actually have a life aside from sitting in your den hiding from your old lady, least she want her thighs
Chapped!
How many posts one has obviously makes them an expert in all things guns.
Half of these experts on here would be better off taking a needed shower and getting out of their house.
Lol

Last edited by hung; 04/18/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it is a very nice looking firearm. It is also one that at the base price I can never afford. That is my lot in life, but that is fine, I salute those that can!

I too have been both the attacked and the attacke on this board. i will tell you this. In each case, I took the time, along with the posting, to PM the person and offer my contact info soI can at least speak with the person by phone - 'casue if I am going to make accusations here or elsewhere (note I am not syaing anyone is right or wrong), I think itis only right to as open and int he light as possible.

Bruce
AKA - Po' White Boy

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (10gaugemag, 673, 79S, 450hunter, 21 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,478
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.