-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
�We stand at a fundamental crossroads for our country. You�re here because you know that in just 13 months, we�re going to make a choice that will impact our lives for decades to come � let�s not forget what it meant when my husband appointed those two brilliant Supreme Court justices � let�s not forget the impact that their decisions will have on our lives for decades to come.�

MO

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just curiuos, and maybe some one from Mass could chime in:

Gun Laws (M.G.L. ch. 140, s. 131)

[color:#990000]In 1998 under the Gun Control Act (M.G.L. c. 140, s. 131), Massachusetts enacted one of the toughest gun control laws in the country. This law has significantly changed the requirements regarding the purchase, possession, carrying, storage, and licensing of firearms.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Pr.../Mitt_Romney/Views/The_Second_Amendment/
Governor Romney has a solid record of pursuing gun control measures to control crime and increase safety. He is vocally supportive of the assault weapons ban, supported a waiting period, and supports registration. While Governor he continued Massachusetts's history of gun control advocacy.

In 2002, Mitt Romney stated in a debate that he supported the tough gun laws in Massachusetts and that he believed they help protect us and keep us safe. He vowed not to chip away at those laws.

Seems to me there is not much of a choice and we are on our own.
Vote today...and buy a box of ammo.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I was born in Peoria, Illinausea; spent my grade school years on farms south of Bloomington. High school years in Wisconsin. Most of my adult life across the River in Missouri.

I know exactly what you are saying about Illinois and “Barry and his merry band of Port-O-Let dwellers stand when it comes to the Second.”

I too will allow some leniency for Romney. I am sure he moved left to become governor of a very blue state; a Kennedy state. Now he has shifted right to become the GOP nominee and will no doubt shift to the center to beat Obama.

What I am saying about Mitt is that his shifts have given the Dems a lot of ammo.
On RomneyCare and gun control for starters.

[/quote]

frown Very sad that Obama has provided an unlimited amount of ammo for his opposition and not one republican has had the backbone to use it. The two female republicans that ran have shown more ?all's that all of the girly men combined. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tulie
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by 30338
I am quite comfortable saying Romney is less anti gun than Holder and Obama.

Sad state of affairs when this comparison is even thought of for America's next leader.

Amen!
+1, but actually, in the US, presidents aren't national leaders. They are leaders of our military, yes, but that only when war is declared by Congress, which is why the power to involve the US in war wasn't delegated to the president, but only the Congress (divided powers so as to minimize the risk of tyranny resulting in concentrating too many powers in one individual). Apart from the military, the president is merely the chief executive of the Federal Government, i.e., he heads up the executive branch only. Only tin pot dictatorships, empires, and kingdoms, have national leaders, not republics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But he IS anti-gun nonetheless. Here we go again,,,the lesser of two evils,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but still evil. crazy crazy crazy

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

But he IS anti-gun nonetheless. Here we go again,,,the lesser of two evils,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but still evil. crazy crazy crazy
Yep.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

But,but, but, Ron Paul is not going to be President---ever.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

But,but, but, Ron Paul is not going to be President---ever.
So you will have no right to complain when the inevitable consequence of that reality comes to pass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neither of the Bushes were solidly pro-gun either. Of more concern to me is whether the judges he will appoint will be pro-constitution. My money is on Obama's appointments being not so much.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by arkypete
I'm not a supporter of either of these cretins, Obama, Romney. However Romney reeks the least at the moment.
Thanks to all of you for your in put.

Jim

Romney is an American, that's about all that separates him from the negro in the white house.

As far as his stance on the Second... you'll need to look at your calendar to find his position.. different days of the week you know.

Romney is head and shoulders above the majestic negro, but that ain't saying much. He ranks there along with Carter, Kennedy, McCain and that gang of worthless louts.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I will hold my nose and vote for that slimey, double talking, fake republican simply because I refuse not to vote or vote third party and could not vote for Obama if he was the only man on the ticket. Don't trust Mitt with your gun rights or tax dollars because he has nothing but lies behind that quick smile and Madison Ave hair and suit.

Perry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Neither of the Bushes were solidly pro-gun either. Of more concern to me is whether the judges he will appoint will be pro-constitution. My money is on Obama's appointments being not so much.

I'll still vote Romney in November for lack of anything better, but at best he'll probably be like George HW Bush. We'll get screwed gently, by something like the 1989 import ban or executive orders that prevent importation of certain configurations of weapons, kits, magazines,etc at the administrative ATF level. And we'll likely get some horrible David Souter-like judicial nomination out of Romney. The lesser or two evils is still evil.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I believe Romney will be the most Conservative President since Reagan and maybe more Conservative.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I believe Romney will be the most Conservative President since Reagan and maybe more Conservative.
Either you're delusional or you have no clue what the word conservative means.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Vote for the lifelong hunter and NRA member who never owned a gun and supported gun control. It is important because the other guy is a pandering liar.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Olympia Snow for president.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I always evaluate Men as this,in Combat in a hole with me would I feel secure he wouldn't Bug Out on me?Barry and Mitt Hell No!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We missed a great opportunity to get a much more conservative candidate on the ticket it would seem to me. That said, 4 more years of the anti American, "I need flexibility to work with Vlad", I hate all fossil fuels, and I have created massive new spending programs candidate and this country may not recover. He has to be the most divisive president this country has ever had.

So I will reluctantly pull the lever for Romney.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I believe Romney's record in Mass. is more a reflection of his political ambitions than his true feelings about guns.

I really don't trust Mitt, but I'll put him waaaaaaay ahead of bammy/holder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sandman1
Vote for the lifelong hunter and NRA member who never owned a gun and supported gun control. It is important because the other guy is a pandering liar.

LOL!!!

Too funny.
and too true...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (1lesfox, 160user, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 21, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,844 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.