Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad that all is well.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad all is well. May the good Lord continue to watch over you and your family and may your daughter find the strength to get through these rough times. It will all work out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sometimes think of what we put my parents through.

My brother and I were having the great tricycle race the length of the block on the sidewalk as we were not supposed to be in the road.

My brother had just got a super duper job that had a chain and was geared to where it had a higher top end, he was edging by me, so I took action, and I swear I looked to make sure no cars were coming before I did the perfect pit maneuver (I invented it right then and there) somehow I knew that just the right nudge would send him into the road off the sidewalk.

He careened into the road and a car hit him, we're talking he was halfway under the car because it couldn't stop quick enough. I looked under the car and Randy was still clinging to the handlebars crying.

I ran to get my parents who were in the backyard talking with neighbors. I said "mom, dad, Randy just got hit by a car, mom screamed "is he alright?" I said "I don't know, he's still underneath the car".

That had to have been the longest 150 yards they ever did, getting to the car and pulling Randy out from under it.

Oh, I forgot to add the three legged race my dad and I did the whole way to the house and down the hallway to my room, he kicked me once for every step of the way.

I understand though, he had just had the crap scared out of him and he was relieved. laugh

Last edited by 243WSSM; 04/17/12.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 1096here
Glad all is well. May the good Lord continue to watch over you and your family and may your daughter find the strength to get through these rough times. It will all work out.

+1

Steve

F
F
Is Emily unmarried?
I don't know about you, but if that is the case, that scares the HELL out of me!
Many years ago I heard a quote that went something like this: "When the white illegitimacy rate reaches that of the black, this nation will become ungovernable".
Sorry to be a hardass, but for the sake of Western Civilization, the line must be drawn somewhere!
The Blacks have shown us what kind of citizens several generations of this dysfunctional behavior must always produce.
On the other hand, if Emily is married, I'm sorry she is depressed, my prayers are with her, and kindly disregard all of the above.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
they plan on getting married, but i asked them to wait till they finished college, plus if she gets married now my insurance won't cover her. no way i would want her having to depend on any gov. assistance.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
F
Originally Posted by stxhunter
they plan on getting married, but i asked them to wait till they finished college, plus if she gets married now my insurance won't cover her. no way i would want her having to depend on any gov. assistance.

Thanks for the honest answer.
I am truly sorry to intrude on such a personal issue. However, this is the internet, and you chose to put this out in front of everybody.
Believe me when I tell you that my own family has plenty of dysfunctional "skeletons" in our closet!
However, in this day and age, illegitimate children will prove to be a bigger burden to their families than they've been in the last sixty years or so.
Up till now, there has been plenty of welfare, section 8 housing, food stamps, Medicaid, Head Start, and other taxpayer supported programs available for women who bear one illegitimate child after another. And Joe Sixpack and Sally Soccermom seemed fine paying for it.
Today, with the economic collapse and blatant black "flash mob" street crime, taxpayers are finally losing their patience.
While it's certainly nice that Emily's "baby daddy" is going to finish college, is there a guarantee that he'll stick around and support the family until their child reaches the age of 18?
Not trying to be a wiseguy, but I'd suggest you look up the word "enabler".
I'm truly sorry to be an old meanie, but I've known many families who somehow find a way to justify any transgressions their children commit.
Their kids are right, and the whole world is wrong!
Been there, done that!

Last edited by Fiddler; 04/17/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
my daughter getting her PA or RN and being able to be self sufficient and support herself is more important to me, than marrying her off, i don't want her to have to be dependent on anyone. if Devon can't wait till their done with school and are in a position to provide a good home for my grandson, then good riddance to him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad it turned out like it did Roger. The safety and well being of our kids and grandkids does occupy the lion's share of our greatest fears. We would walk, no crawl through fire to protect them and feel powerless when we can't. That's when our faith in God and their upbringing has to hold us up, knowing they will do the right thing.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quite a few years ago, I was working in Boise. The office was right along I-84. One afternoon, a couple cops, a firetruck, and an ambulance sailed by with lights and sirens. My 1st thought was my dad. He and and a friend had gone fishing and this happened just about the time when they'd be coming back into town. It bugged me to no end.

An hour later I got a call from a hospital to go pick up Dad. It WAS them. He'd gone to sleep at the wheel, took out a guard rail, rolled a couple times, and the truck burned. A couple other drivers got them out before the fire really got going. Neither had serious injuries thanks to good seat belts.

As an interesting sideline: I went to look at the truck. Inside was Dad's Stanley steel thermos with the cap melted down. I took it home, broke the melted cap out, cleaned up the well baked paint and carbon and bought a new cap. Dad repainted it and used it for the next 10 years. It was as good as new.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Glad to hear that all is well. ya had me worried with the FB post

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't condemn your daughter for becoming pregnant. There but for the grace of God go I. My sister became pregnant out of wedlock and had a hurry-up wedding (this was the 70's) to a man my mother didn't think was worthy. The marriage lasted 12 years but ten of them were pure hell, in great part due to my mother's constant meddling and degrading my BIL. My sister passed but my BIL is a good father and grandpa to the kids.
Young people have hormones and they will experiment, sometimes with unexpectwed consequences. Please do not cast any shame on them.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't have children, but I know that horrible, sickening feeling. For years I'd get a knot in my gut every time the phone rang after 1:00 am, or when I'd hear sirens blaring. I still wake up in panics on occasion. Damned glad Emily is fine, brother. Tell her and the rest of the mob that the lobster fairy's (stolen from Birdy) emissary says 'hey'. How's that pup, BTW?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our minds always always seem to think the worse. Glad to hear that she is alright.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (Amos63, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,668
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.