Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Just as the title of the thread says...A no brainer on taxes...A fellow with no brain making a comment about taxes!!!

Now why didn't I think of that?! grin

what gets me is he claims to be a business owner and yet has no concept that some corporations are set up where the business does not pay any taxes on profits, the share holders pay the taxes on the dividends they collect....our business is set up as such.....if you looked up our newspapers you would see it pays no taxes on profits.....if yah look at my personal taxes you see me cutting a good sized check to .gov....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
just keep on paying taxes under the current system until ya can't stand it anymore.

then, shop around for a better syestem that might serve to reduce your taxes. then vote for one or the other.

a system that lowers taxes? get real. grin

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Two posts until the legitimacy of the OP was blown completely out of the water. TWO POSTS! That must be close to a record.

I guess it is true, liberals will believe anything they want hear.

Montani Semper Liberi
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ReaperCrew
Two posts until the legitimacy of the OP was blown completely out of the water. TWO POSTS! That must be close to a record.

I guess it is true, liberals will believe anything they want hear.

Two posts would be a record if it actually took that long to prove he was full of schit. Problem is everyone already knows he has no legitimacy before they even open the thread.

Still waiting on how he is still right. wait for it...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Epic fail is an understatement.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"A No Brainer On Taxes..."

are you referring to yourself whizzer or Obummer or both?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't believe this guy hasn't killed himself tying his shoes or something.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 68injunhed
I can't believe this guy hasn't killed himself tying his shoes or something.

Snorted hot chocolate all over myself!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
Okay, here's an actual example that makes a case, I'd like to hear honest answers as to why this is okay.

Rupert Murdock's enterprises last year had made a reported ballpark profit of around $10 BILLION dollars, that's net profit after all overheads and employee expenses had been figured in.

His tax bill? Wait a minute he didn't pay any, he got a check back, not a refund because he hadn't paid any taxes in the first place. He got a check for $4.5 BILLION dollars, this isn't part of the $10 BILLION he claimed as net profits, it increased his overall profit to $14.5 BILLION.

Now here's where the common sense questions come in.

In this real world scenario how is it that if Rupert's profit margin of "only" $10 BILLION were taxed at 30%, and he would not even be thinking of getting the $4.5 Billion back from the government he never paid in in the first place, that if he only had $7 BILLION he would have to lay people off, that we would be hurting this jobs maker.

If anything he would probably want to invest more of the $10 BILLION profit back into the corporation rather than pay taxes on it, that is how taxes and write off investments work.

So... I ask how does rhetorical talk of hurting our wealthy jobs makers fit here, would Rupert self destruct his corporation in an act of defiance for having to pay taxes?

Just answer this...

Is it right that a highly profitable corporation get huge sums of money from the government when they never paid any taxes in the first place?

This is what the GOP is up against all year long.

243---Have you ever owned or been an officer or large shareholder of a corporation?

Let me tell you how it is from personal experience. My son and I each own 50% of the stock in our publishing company. The business is successful (profitable) in fact very much so in 2011. Because it is an S corp the profits flow through directly to each of us which means we must pay taxes on those profits.

Now, in order to grow the business we leave most of that money in the business which I believe even you would agree is a good thing. However we each must pay taxes at a high rate on money we do not have personal use of. This is not necessarily a bad thing because we could, after all, just take the money out of the business but then how would the business grow and continue to provide jobs?

What would you do?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I know with the farm business you either buy equipment or give half to the govt. I don't mind paying 10 or 20 thousand in taxes but after that i'm buying equipment and goods to improve my farm.I figure my spending it is better than the lowlifes getting it. ED K

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where o where did the little dipschit go now....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dimocrat Underground or the bath house would be a good guess.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
to answer the question... you are talking ONE guy... and is that him personally or his corporation?

If anyone spent any time in the IRC and actually read the darn thing, most of America would be SHOCKED on how much scamming the Government does..

so do you blame the people that learn the rules and apply it?

or do you blame the way the code is written?

and the 'tax' problem is a small part of the current economic problem.. the government has a spending problem first...

and if they didn't spend so much on stupid crap... then they would have time to take a look and re evaluate problems that the OP was trying to point out...

liberals always think that it is a simple solution to major problems yet they are the only ones that 'get it'... and the problem is always created and perpetuated by anyone who is conservative...

Yep

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Okay, here's an actual example that makes a case, I'd like to hear honest answers as to why this is okay.

Rupert Murdock's enterprises last year had made a reported ballpark profit of around $10 BILLION dollars, that's net profit after all overheads and employee expenses had been figured in.

His tax bill? Wait a minute he didn't pay any, he got a check back, not a refund because he hadn't paid any taxes in the first place. He got a check for $4.5 BILLION dollars, this isn't part of the $10 BILLION he claimed as net profits, it increased his overall profit to $14.5 BILLION.

In this real world scenario how is it that if Rupert's profit margin of "only" $10 BILLION were taxed at 30%, and he would not even be thinking of getting the $4.5 Billion back from the government he never paid in in the first place, that if he only had $7 BILLION he would have to lay people off, that we would be hurting this jobs maker.

If anything he would probably want to invest more of the $10 BILLION profit back into the corporation rather than pay taxes on it, that is how taxes and write off investments work.

So... I ask how does rhetorical talk of hurting our wealthy jobs makers fit here, would Rupert self destruct his corporation in an act of defiance for having to pay taxes?

Just answer this...

Is it right that a highly profitable corporation get huge sums of money from the government when they never paid any taxes in the first place?

243---Have you ever owned or been an officer or large shareholder of a corporation?

Let me tell you how it is from personal experience. My son and I each own 50% of the stock in our publishing company. The business is successful (profitable) in fact very much so in 2011. Because it is an S corp the profits flow through directly to each of us which means we must pay taxes on those profits.

Now, in order to grow the business we leave most of that money in the business which I believe even you would agree is a good thing. However we each must pay taxes at a high rate on money we do not have personal use of. This is not necessarily a bad thing because we could, after all, just take the money out of the business but then how would the business grow and continue to provide jobs?

What would you do?

Hay but his wife is starting a business. One of the many that will go bankrupt this year if he didn't lie to us.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 04/19/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Just answer this...

What would you do?

Hay but his wife is starting a business. One of the many that will go bankrupt this year if he didn't lie to us.

Said on another thread he went to the police academy. Find that one hard to believe.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The movie maybe.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If i have learned anything about taxes and the Federal Government, the more you pay in the more they spend and the deeper the country goes into debt. You could take 100% of the holding from the so called rich and it would change nothing except raise unemployment.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Just answer this...

NO, it isnt. At all.

the Gov should not be in the buis of giving/redistributing any money to anyone or any buis. Period.

2 tier flat tax. The first 20k you earn / yr is taxed at 10% flat, no dedcutions. The rest is taxed at 15%, no deductions. Period.

Back to your OP, in what manner is the gov "giving" murdoch billions?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Poodleshooter
they actually PAID $4.8B:
Most corporations strive to legally zero out their tax liability for a given year.

Ooophm. I should have read the whole thread. I took the troll bait hook line and sinker. I'm really slippin.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
1500 posts in 2 months and most of which spouting your liberal agenda. Folks, can you say "ignore". What a fool!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.