Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Picked up a Ruger 1B in a multiple gun deal. Its a 1994 vintage 22-250 that is unfired in new wthout box condition and has very nice wood. Got a friend that has the hots for it,what could I get for it if patient?
Thanks

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Picked up a Ruger 1B in a multiple gun deal. Its a 1994 vintage 22-250 that is unfired in new wthout box condition and has very nice wood. Got a friend that has the hots for it,what could I get for it if patient?
Thanks
I wouldn't give over $600 and I think that's about as realistic of a price as you can expect to get. That's the one of the most common chamberings/variations. Its primary value is going to be as a shooter, not a collector, and unless the scope rings are also included and in the same "new" condition, that's going to detract from the value as well.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Among my friends, we have an unwritten rule that we sell a gun to each other for what we paid for it. To me, friendship is worth far more that a few $'s.... YMMV

That said, however, the last I knew, (Which I think was last year...) Dealer wholesale on a #1 was $759. As far as intrinsic value is concerned, the gun in question is USED. If said rifle was on the rack at any of the gun stores that I frequent, the price would likely be $695-$775.

As most of us know, used gun values vary depending on which part of the country one resides... Sorry I can't nail it down any closer than that. I'm equally sure I will likely be taken to task for voicing my opinion... grin

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
The gun was purchased, scope mounted and boresighted and never left the safe; so I guess it would be used, like new, 98%,etc., etc. Guy bought it for a prairie dog hunt and never went. Its as perfect as a "used " gun can be.Does have rings. It carrys a Burris Black Diamond 8-32x 50 scope at this time.I agree its value is a shooter,not collector. Looks like 22-250 is only availabe in heavy barrel Varminter version now.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 04/01/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like 22-250 is only availabe in heavy barrel Varminter version now.
Doesn't matter. Ruger made the 1B in .22-250 by the train load. If you didn't get one when they were still cataloged, you didn't want one. Still a great rifle, just don't plan on retiring off selling it unless you're buying in the $300 range.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Prices are about where I expected,depending on my patience and buyer interest. One just went on GB for $716. I am no more likely to retire off my gun dabblings than I am on my winnings at the golf course, just don't want to lose a lot and have a little fun.
Thanks again

Last edited by Cruiser1; 04/01/12.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Looks like 22-250 is only availabe in heavy barrel Varminter version now.
Doesn't matter. Ruger made the 1B in .22-250 by the train load. If you didn't get one when they were still cataloged, you didn't want one. Still a great rifle, just don't plan on retiring off selling it unless you're buying in the $300 range.

And once again, we have Lil" Bricky Dicklicker expounding information that he has googled and expressing it as if it were his own thoughts put to words. I have to admit that this one is pretty good. You must have had help from your friend Larry.

Cruiser, if you end up taking anything Lil' Bricky says seriously, retirement will be a lot further away. crazy

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks

I don't need another one, but pics of the wood are always welcome grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2nd on the pictures.....p.m. sent

Last edited by John_Boy; 04/02/12.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Thanks

You know you need a 22-250 to add to the collection; though it's not as nice as the one in your avatar.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Thanks

You know you need a 22-250 to add to the collection; though it's not as nice as the one in your avatar.

grin I nearly pulled the trigger on a early 4 digit .22-250, which had pretty nice wood. The attraction there of course was the Douglas barrel smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
This ones a nice rig.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why does the wood on the right side look so shiny? Did someone rub it down with additional oil?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Why does the wood on the right side look so shiny? Did someone rub it down with additional oil?

Yo' probably jist got some a yo' All Wayz on da' screen bro!

Its the light you ignorant son-of-a-bitch!

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Yo' probably jist got some a yo' All Wayz on da' screen bro!

Its the light you ignorant son-of-a-bitch!

Johnny $
Well, well, if it isn't Johnny Polelicker!!!!

Old Johnny here is doing this whole "psychological projection" thing. It seems little Johnny Dickhead is falling back on the only defense mechanism he has, projecting his own fears and dislikes because he made a FOOL OUT OF HIMSELF by posting some STRAIGHT-UP HORSESHIT claiming the BATFE made someone quit making triggers for a single shot rifle.

Your f*cking BITCH ASS got called out for posting BULLSHIT and rightfully so and you can't f*cking handle it so now we get the f*cking scorched Earth treatment from your f*cking bitch ass.

Sometimes it's better to just admit you don't know, Johnny [bleep].

Some of Johnny Dumbf*ck's "Cerebral" Thoughts

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Nice # 1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cruiser1: If indeed the Rifle you are contemplating selling has "very nice wood" then I would market it at $600.00 with confidence it would sell in a moderate amount of time.
Good luck in your wheelin and dealin.
By the way I have 3 Ruger #1's in caliber 22-250 Remington (#1-B, #1-V & #1-VSS) and they all shoot pretty well - have you shot the Rifle in question as yet - you may want to keep it after firing it?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Nice 22-250

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.