OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Bump with price drop to $250 shipped.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
how are these boots on heel support. I have tried both meindl and asolo with no luck

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
forester1,

Can you explain a little further on heel support? I'm not sure quite what you mean.

These boots seem to lock my heel in very well, thus no blisters. I did not experience any heel fatigue either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RR, I was wondering how "stiff" of boot are these. Do they have much flex to them.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
7 08,

They do have some flex, but are defintely built for backpacking with a load on your back. I would say they are less stiff than the Alaska GTX (Hanwags) I had prior to these. Best way I can describe them is that they give (flex) comfortably when walking, if that's much of an explanation.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have a problem with my heel slipping

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Forester1,

As I posted earlier these boots lock my heel in very well and they have plenty of room in the toe box. I have an average to narrow heel width with a wider front end. I am going to stick with this model as I think it works well for my foot; just need 1/2 size larger which is frustrating. Getting the right fit can be expensive to say the least!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 3 pair of Crispi boots. I have very narrow heels and have lots of trouble with slippage. These hold my heel very snuggly and feel great. They are less stiff than some of the others like Lowa and Hanwag but still are pretty firm. Similar to Kenetrek or so. I really like my Crispi boots and the owner of the US company is a great guy.

Lee

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
You explained better than I Ebby...thanks!

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
thanks for the info. currently have a brand new pair of meindl cabelas. got a new pair for freed due to their lifetime warranty after my heel slipping wore a hole through the lining. will probably try a pair of crispi.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
How are the sizing on Crispi boots. I have several pair of Lowa, would these be similar?

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I haven't tried the Lowa's....yet.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Price drop to $225 shipped CONUS

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Boots are sold pending funds.

S
S
I was given a pair at Christmas for a gift, and thought they were beautiful looking boots. My Aunt who is from Germany, sent them to me. I am an avid backpacker/long distance hiker and was more excited by the looks of these than any other footware I have owned. But I have been so badly dissapointed. Within the first two weeks of owning (putting less than 15 miles on them) the right sole was becoming detached from the shoe. So, they were unwearable. The rubber sole was flapping in the breeze. On the other foot you could see it was starting to come detached as well. I've never had any experience like this before with any boot/trail shoe I have ever owned, especially after just a couple hikes. I emailed Crispi in Italy, which was just a complete disaster. Just getting someone to respond to me was next to impossible. After that, I finally called them to voice my displeasure. Well, that went no better, and I was "disconnected" (after being put on hold about 4 times for a total of 15 or so minutes. Not cool when you're making Intn'l calls. I called back, same damn thing. So, I sat on it for the rest of the week/weekend. Tried them again the following week, and finally got someone to tell me I had to mail them so they could "find zee problem". Great, I live in California..how much is this gonna cost me? Well, it cost me 63 dollars. That was 2 and a half months ago. Have I heard anything? Nope! Have they responded to me? Nope. Finally, I got fed up with getting nothing and found a U.S. number for some guy/po box distributor in Oregon. Emailed him. Resolution? No, nothing. His response "I emailed Italy and they dont have your box, so there is nothing we can do. Sorry" Um, so what about me and my 350 dollar boots? SORRY. I'm fuming, just fuming. I really hope this might dissuade you guys from buying from them. If this is the service, don't take the risk. For this much money, why would you do it? There is no North American representation, there are no resolutions to your problems, you are just Sh*t out of Luck. Why gamble when you can buy quality footware that is guaranteed, that real people stand behind. Where you can get answers, help, and people to fix problems. CRISPI IS CROOKED. THEY ARE A SCAM. don't roll the dice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was the one that bought them, and they fit nicely. I'm going to bust out 15 miles on them this weekend, and hope to not have the same experience as the above poster. Also hope to catch some trout (rain is predicted, of course)
Don

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 007FJ, 17 invisible), 1,516 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,711
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.