Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
ONCE AGAIN...The QUESTION was NEVER "bear spray vs. firearm, but whether to shoot when charged or wait and see if it is just a bluff...which I think is just CRAZY and/or impossible.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
last year here in MT, there were two people killed by grizzly bears BECAUSE the bear was shot/wounded. think about that.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by toad
BFY or Polska or whoever you are, read:

bear study

more

i've also killed 'em and i've sprayed 'em. i do not want to kill every bear that shows a little attitude. i merely want to get me and my tribe back to the truck without bite marks.

"attitude"...never talking about "attitude".
IN A FULL OUT CHARGE...you gonna wait-hesitte and see if it is a bluff...you gonna waste shots in your mag on so called "warning"...waste SECONDS as it closes on you. RIDICULOUS ... and so are those who say that can be or should be done.
Take the time your given and line up your best shot and fire, fire fire.
There should never be ANY accounts of "bluff" charges...either the bear moves away when presented with humans-noise, whatever, or it charges, in which you shoot to kill right from the start...bluff charge, absurd. Even more is to hesitate to see???
[/i]

Last edited by bullets4yogi; 04/20/12.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i've been there. have you?

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
i've been there. have you?

been where...you watched the bear charge and waited to see if it's bluffing...
...not too smart if that is what you are saying?

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yes, there.

now lets hear about your 'experience'

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bullets4yogi
Originally Posted by Cocadori
Sally,

I've stopped no less than 7 bears with spray. I've changed 5+ bears minds with cannon fire. I've fought 1 with both.

You never answered any of my questions sally.... but I suspected you couldn't/wouldn't.

So how many do you know exactly that have killed charging grizzly's? And what state exactly?

WoW...12 bear charges...you live amongst them?
Maybe you should change your handle from Cocadori to "Dances with Bears" or
Grizzly "pepperdude" Adams? laugh

No I don't live amongst them but I take my opinions and pass them along from real life experiences. Nothing more nothing less.
Not all were full on charges. Some were situations where the bear needed to leave.
Forced into situations where I needed to do some tings to get the bears attention or redirect his agenda. I used what I thought would escalate his attitude enough to stop bluffing/charging/or leave.

I've noticed you sorry azz couch potato self didn't answer any of the questions. Yet I have answered all yours. I'll keep pounding bear country and you keep reading the words on the computer and acting like you've done something.

No this ins't spray vs gun. But... spray needs to be in your arsenal. Well not yours but guys going into bear country.

Please tell me more about what you've heard from guys who've been there. If only because that gives your words credibility and validity.

So Sally I've been fortunate enough to spend an hour or 2 in bear country and learned a few things about sharing their space. I'm forced not to guess on what it's like. I've handled things my way and many other have handled things their way. For many it worked out fine and likewise for myself. We all have our own methods.

You keep reading and pretending. I works for you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
yes, there.

What he said... ^

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
BFY or Polska or whoever you are, read:

bear study

more

i've killed bears and i've sprayed 'em. these days, i do not want to kill every bear that shows a little attitude. i merely want to get me and my tribe back to the truck without bite marks.

So you buy into that anti-gun agenda and NO WAY to determine how many unreported unsuccessful spraying vs. successful vs. shootings both successful and unsuccessful...on and on.
BOTTOM line, I WILL NEVER HESITATE IF CHARGED...at least, that is MY best intention...vs. waiting to see if the bear was just bluffing...idiotic!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
they never said guns don't work or don't use guns.

now let's hear about your bear experience.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok.. this idiot is either bigsqueeze, logsucker or ??

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Doesn't matter. Just add another idiot to the list.

For the first 8 years after I joined there was no reason to put anybody on "ignore," but have found in the past couple of years that sitting around the 'Fire a lot more relaxing with half-a-dozen people ignored. When I open a thread and see quite a few ignored posts then I don't have to waste any more time.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
yes, there.

What he said... ^

What...is BOTH you guys problem?
EXPERIENCE does NOT matter in regards to the question I (OP) posted...
...I WANTED TO KNOW THE RATIONALE BEHIND THOSE WHO ALLEGEDLY SAY OR GIVE ACCOUNT OF HESITATING...WAITING WHEN CHARGED TO SEE IF THE BEAR IS BLUFFING...THAT SEEMED TO ME, JUST INSANE, IRRATIONAL, ILLOGICAL BASED ON THE TRUTH THAT IN MOST CASES, AND I THINK YOU UBER EXPERIENCED GUYS WOULD AGREE...YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME TO REACT.
WHAT "BLUFF" HOW?
WAIT TO SEE AND YOUR DEAD.
IF PUT IN THAT POSITION WHILE HUNTING OR HIKING, AND I HOPE NOT TO BE...ALL I AM SAYING, THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR THE BEAR TO "SHOW" HE IS "BLUFFING"...I SHOOT AND EITHER HE DIES OR I DO
IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?
OR ACCORDING TO YOU GUYS...THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ANYONE NO MATTER THE EXPERIENCE" YOU ARE DEAD IF CHARGED???
Have you inhaled too much bear spray
...is this TOO hard a concept to understand?

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Sally,

I've stopped no less than 7 bears with spray. I've changed 5+ bears minds with cannon fire. I've fought 1 with both.

You never answered any of my questions sally.... but I suspected you couldn't/wouldn't.

So how many do you know exactly that have killed charging grizzly's? And what state exactly?

WoW...12 bear charges...you live amongst them?
Maybe you should change your handle from Cocadori to "Dances with Bears" or
Grizzly "pepperdude" Adams? laugh

No I don't live amongst them but I take my opinions and pass them along from real life experiences. Nothing more nothing less.
Not all were full on charges. Some were situations where the bear needed to leave.
Forced into situations where I needed to do some tings to get the bears attention or redirect his agenda. I used what I thought would escalate his attitude enough to stop bluffing/charging/or leave.

I've noticed you sorry azz couch potato self didn't answer any of the questions. Yet I have answered all yours. I'll keep pounding bear country and you keep reading the words on the computer and acting like you've done something.

No this ins't spray vs gun. But... spray needs to be in your arsenal. Well not yours but guys going into bear country.

Please tell me more about what you've heard from guys who've been there. If only because that gives your words credibility and validity.

So Sally I've been fortunate enough to spend an hour or 2 in bear country and learned a few things about sharing their space. I'm forced not to guess on what it's like. I've handled things my way and many other have handled things their way. For many it worked out fine and likewise for myself. We all have our own methods.

You keep reading and pretending. I works for you.

"I works for you"...I don't think so...you never going to "work for me"...
I would hire someone who KNOWS what they are doing if I decide on a Kodiak hunt..."I works for you"...sounds like you just fell off the 'tator truck".

BTW ...JACKASS MARY...I have been in "bear country, MT. ,WY. and AK...
and not just hanging around the "dude' ranch with my PC ragging on fellow hunters as you seem to do.
I do not have to validate my "experience" or legitimacy to you 2 "LEGENDS-IN-YOUR-OWN-MINDS" ...big Buwana hunters...
Just because I have yet to defend a gizz charge does not mean I HAVE NOT hunted DG elsewhere...you internet a$$wipes are all the same.
I had a legitimate 'post" with a legitimate question as to who are these idiots that fire warning shots at a charging Grizz and WHY?

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

For the first 8 years after I joined there was no reason to put anybody on "ignore," but have found in the past couple of years that sitting around the 'Fire a lot more relaxing with half-a-dozen people ignored. When I open a thread and see quite a few ignored posts then I don't have to waste any more time.

Some of you MT. boys must be smoking scat...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Geez John, they're really stacking up here lately..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Opps In my haste to dismiss Sally I typed "I" instead of "it"

as in your don nothing azz and sitting on the couch... "it works for you"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

and not just hanging around the "dude' ranch with my PC ragging on fellow hunters as you seem to do.
I do not have to validate my "experience" or legitimacy to you 2 "LEGENDS-IN-YOUR-OWN-MINDS" ...big Buwana hunters...
Just because I have yet to defend a gizz charge does not mean I HAVE NOT hunted DG elsewhere...you internet a$$wipes are all the same.
I had a legitimate 'post" with a legitimate question as to who are these idiots that fire warning shots at a charging Grizz and WHY?

I've watched TV hunting show once or twice too.

You seem to be the "dude" here.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B

I've watched TV hunting show once or twice too.

You seem to be the "dude" here.

I suspect...TV hunting show are ALL you watch...there lies your "experience" Mary.

There was NOTHING wrong with my OP...and this "question" can be posed from someone with much hunting experience, as myself...or a gringo like some who have "flamed" on me with their ghetto English ...
YOU 2 Buwanas ...just did not like my post and your HUGE egos and pee size intellect got in the way.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
just love idiots that ask a question and then turn around and try to answer it halfway through the first post.

then someone who hasn't done something telling people that have done it that they did it wrong is amusing too.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.