Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Great idea.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The NRA VISA card is thru FNB of Omaha, I've had no problems with it or them for a long time. If I cant find a local institution to switch to, I may consider moving the checking ect. to them.
bofa is toast just as soon as I can find a suitable replacement....

NRA Benefactor
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When Bank of Amerika mails you one of those postage paid credit card applications, mail it back to 'em stuffed with pizza coupons, church bulletins, and gun ads.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes it is true. Thank you for the support guys.

Ryan Melancon
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks Inc.
Production Mgr
[email protected]
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hmmm. I'm guessing they are a federally chartered bank. That means we the people have given them the privelege of operating. Maybe we ought to be looking at a new federal law to prohibit financial institutions from refusing to do business with people engaged in legal activities.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I work for a smallish local commercial bank where one of our big annual events is a day-long charity shoot to support Senior Neighbors. Founding members of the sn mgmt team are huge supporters of the shooting sports, and our whole culture is built upon hunting, fishing, and shooting as central means to establish and cultivate meaningful customer relationships.

As a guy who calls upon business owners on a regular basis I can tell you that thier 2A stance is one of MANY reasons why I wish that BOA were our only competition wink !! BOA sucks bawls on a variety of levels...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ralphbeagle
Hmmm. I'm guessing they are a federally chartered bank. That means we the people have given them the privelege of operating. Maybe we ought to be looking at a new federal law to prohibit financial institutions from refusing to do business with people engaged in legal activities.

No we don't want to do that. McM has done the right thing agreeing to disagree and bringing it to the buying public as an "fyi" concerning that institution's lending preferences. That is the way free markets ought to function. I for one don't want any more regulation than we already suffer under; there are no problems so big that gov't involvement can't make 'em WORSE!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Having an Alaska Airlines CC really makes sense for me, but it's a BoA card. Any good substitute?

Support your local brewer.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used BoA about 20 years ago. Had one of their employees and her mother steal a check from a mail box. The employee was depositing them into her mothers account. When I confronted the bank manager, she said she would take care of it. When I asked how, she stated it would be dealt with internally. Just what I thought.... a cover up.

I advised the bank manager (Sun City Calif branch) that I had already notified the FBI fraud division, and the US Postal Fraud division (check was stolen from my mail box). She about had a heart attack right then and there. In addition, the person that sent me the check, my Allstate Insurance agent had reported them too.

The teller and her mother were prosecuted, the bank manager and the assistant bank manager were also prosecuted for attempting to cover it up.

They're the WORST in the industry !

Anyone banking with BoA needs to move their monies and investments now.

I had a home mortgage that had been sold from one lender to BoA.... I immediately refinanced with another lender... They want to know why. I told them it was none of their business.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
This story is really starting to get some legs!
I wouldn't be surprised if it goes national via Rush Limbaugh.

Rush really isn't a big gun supporter. In fact most of the conservatives (said conservatives) on radio aren't. Leaves you really wondering doesn't it.

An Atta Boy for McMillian.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

No we don't want to do that. McM has done the right thing agreeing to disagree and bringing it to the buying public as an "fyi" concerning that institution's lending preferences. That is the way free markets ought to function. I for one don't want any more regulation than we already suffer under; there are no problems so big that gov't involvement can't make 'em WORSE!

I respectfully disagree, how am I forced as a tax paying citizen to give $$ to a bloated inefficient bank that can turn right around and make it difficult for me to exercise my 2nd rights?

ACLU, my rights are being infringed upon with my own tax dollars. Please put a stop to this. cool

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by efw

I respectfully disagree, how am I forced as a tax paying citizen to give $$ to a bloated inefficient bank that can turn right around and make it difficult for me to exercise my 2nd rights?

ACLU, my rights are being infringed upon with my own tax dollars. Please put a stop to this. cool

Huh? I don't understand what you're getting at here. The comment I was addressing was the suggestion that a regulation ought to be put into place limiting the ability of banks to deny loans based upon a business' sector. That has nothing to do with you as a taxpayer giving money to the institution, ,nor does it infringe upon your 2A rights.

Now bailouts... I would agree that those were unjust, but my agreement would have nothing to do w/ 2A... Just free market common sense.

You don't have to do business w/ any institution whose philosophies you disagree with. They reserve the same rights, which is how it should be; the gov can't and shouldn't tell either of you what to do or with whom to do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pfffffffff

It never ends.

Some dolt(s) with a cause, and money-to-burn.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bank of America, should be Bank of California....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure gets old.

From the toothpaste in the morning, to the mouthwash at night, and every phase 'tween, you have to wonder "where do they stand?".

As to BOA, I don't use 'em (and never will), but do have customers that do, so there you have it. Nothin' I can do 'bout that 'cept grimmace.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
This story is really starting to get some legs!
I wouldn't be surprised if it goes national via Rush Limbaugh.

Rush really isn't a big gun supporter. In fact most of the conservatives (said conservatives) on radio aren't. Leaves you really wondering doesn't it.

An Atta Boy for McMillian.

Explain a little on your Rush comment. I find him to be very supportive of the 2A and gun owners with their guns. You are dead ass wrong Mr bee about el Rushbo

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Having an Alaska Airlines CC really makes sense for me, but it's a BoA card. Any good substitute?

what he said

though I'm getting miles on my Capital One CC as well, it has a much lower credit limit than my BOA that I use at work.

I haven't paid for a plane ticket in many, many years, trips for us, the kids, my family etc.

but since we also accept those "non qualified" cards at our bidnesses, we pay for other folks to go as well, the rate on those cards is ridiculous.

I'll check into my Cap 1 cc and get back to ya

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Story is hitting some new outlets.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/

Also made the NRA's newsfeed today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They've been in a crappy bank for a long time, I honestly wonder why anyone would use them.

As to the AK Airlines credit card, I'm thinking we'll have to cancel ours. We are looking into a discover card as we can use it to pay for our daughters college tuition, and hence get enough mileage per year to cover at least one r/t ticket to school.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a $20K line of business credit with BofA which I have used for about 6 years. At any given moment, I might use half of it and then pay the balance down to "zero" the next month.

I just canceled that line of credit and opened a new one with US Bank. BofA can shove it up their arses. mad

Last edited by RobJordan; 04/20/12.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.