Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 903 of 1,842 1 2 901 902 903 904 905 1841 1842
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ND Leapard squirrel and swamp squid are good
I got my new knife yesterday and its a real dandy, even Kenna says so!!

Jeff,
Im really happy with my new knife, THANK YOU

Every day of my life forces me to add to the number of people who can kiss my ARSS grin
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's great! I can't wait to see that knife in person!!

I've had knives made by Jeff in my hands on 2 different Colorado trips and both times I drug those knives through some wapati and the knives were fantastic.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by j_elky
Tom,

Here they are, both from D2 steel. Top one is Blackwood with white liners and the bottom is Mopane wood with red liners.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jeff

Dusty fell in love with this black handled knife Jeff made, and now it's Dusty's knife. I think that's great.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dusty,

I'm glad you like it. Now you just need to shoot something to get it bloodied up!!!

Jeff

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Very nice indeed.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now dont get Uncle Dusty all excited to bloody that knife lest he go shoot the neighbors cow! Just kidding, the fall will be here before you know it....I hope as I dream about my elk hunt daily. I am sitting in MSP airport waiting to go to Indianapolis for a railroad conference. Bored already. I am just glad my traveling is in the spring and not the fall.
Big new purchase for me this week.... I now own a John Deere! Bought a small zero turn lawn mower. First rider ever! So far I love it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Berrettaman,

If you send me a reminder when your trip gets closer, I'll lend you the campfire knife than NorthernDave has taken on a couple of his elk hunts. Maybe it will bring you good luck!!

Where is your elk trip and when?

Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Started in the flower beds again this week. Friday was a tough day. Worked at one of our clients (the largest one we have) and I cut down over 50 grasses. We have about another 3 hours there cutting down sedums, hydrangias, ect. The arms and shoulders were pretty sore today. Also my right knee is bruised up from kneeling on the rocks. Next year going to get knee pads for that job.

The electrition was here today and finally got everything done. YEAH! Will do some stuff outside here tomorrow, then I have to organize the garage.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Railroad, shmailroad. I can school ya on everything you need to know about it....I should be able too anyway. I've been in class for over a week on the dang things. I know a lot more about it than I should, really.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
! Will do some stuff outside here tomorrow, then I have to organize the garage.

Boy, do I EVER have to do that. It's autta hand. It will have to wait though, because this coming week is my turkey hunting week.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Speaking of garages getting outta hand......ours is terrible!! Car parts and pieces everywhere, paint and primer cans here and there, air compressor humming now and then. Skinned knuckles, no fingerprints left, used sandpaper on the floor, revealing that the Roadrunner is getting closer and closer to being back on the road.
Sitting and waiting for the boys to be done with Sunday school, headed in for a little churchin' and sermon notes for Nate then back home for another full day of work on the RR!
Graduation is coming soon so the car needs to wrap up and massive cleaning for much company...then maybe we can take a weekend to RELAX!!! Don't get me wrong though, wouldn't change this for the world, its fun and good time spent with ND and my babies when they come help now and then. grin

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 04/22/12.

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Pam, you got a good excuse for a messy garage. I doubt the rest of us can say the same.

Cool and sunny here this morning. I managed to get most of the bare spots in the front lawn seeded and watered.

Tom, I haven't heard a whole lot of turkey sucess stories so far. My SIL hasn't reported in yet so I don't know how he's doing.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Tom, I haven't heard a whole lot of turkey sucess stories so far. My SIL hasn't reported in yet so I don't know how he's doing.

Got my first down here, yesterday morning. This is not great hunting weather and I think the "rut" may be effectively over, but I found a talkative jake and decided to take him after waiting for him to leave for 45 minutes.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A friend of mine called last night and said that he shot his first turkey and it scared the crap out of the people in the frozen foods section at Wal Mart.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
B
Congrats!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Congrts on the bird. I'm not one to shy away from popping a Jake. I think I've got 2-3 of them, maybe 1 more, I can't remember for sure.

I'm optimistic, but haven't seen many turkeys around. Not even in the yard. I think I've seen 2 in the last week, which is rare this time of year.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ha! I'll be they jumped eh Stan. smile

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This little honey hole I have has given up 5 birds over 25# in the previous 3 yrs. I am no turkey hunting guru, just a good spot where even I can't screw up too much. I would have held off normally but time is short for this (second) season and I have a bad feeling that most of the action is over. I'll have another tag get hot in a week or so and I'll work harder and hold out for bigger.

Good luck up there. Turkeys are a godsend here. Just enough of a bridge to make it to fall hunting without losing too much of what little sanity I still have.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
j elky,
My hunt is in mid-October in Idaho. Pretty pumped about it. Looks like probably 3 of us. I have been doing lots of research on it and getting more excited by the day.

Tzone,
whatcha learnin' 'bout 'roads?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome Blunderbuss!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Page 903 of 1,842 1 2 901 902 903 904 905 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.