Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by walt501
Yeah I'll buy a Hyundai or Kia as soon as Fords are a common sight in South Korea.

Hyundai Sonatas and Santa Fe's are built ratcheer in Montgomery, AL.

The cars may be assembled here, but the money goes out of the country and contributes to the trade deficit. Ditto for toyota and honda stuff, etc.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by add

If you can wait until this fall, the new Ford Fusion is going to completely dominate the mid-size sedan category.

Yes, probably the last we ever hear of the Accord and Camry...

grin

I doubt it. My wife has a 2011 Camry, her mother has a 2010 Fusion. Comparing the two the Camry is better in virtually every way, and it cost a bit less than her mother's Fusion. The Fusion's been in the shop a couple of times, nada for the Camry.

Oh, and my wife's Camry was built in Kentucky by American workers, her mother's Fusion was built in Mexico. Some money might go back to Japan, but there are a lot of American workers drawing paychecks for building vehicles while Ford is paying Mexicans to put together their cars instead of Americans.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
None of the Asian transplants are "built" here - they're "assembled" here.

Wrong.

The Toyota plant in Georgetown Kentucky builds the cars virtually from raw materials.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by MColeman
Yeah I'll buy a Hyundai or Kia as soon as Fords are a common sight in South Korea.

Hyundai Sonatas and Santa Fe's are built ratcheer in Montgomery, AL.

The cars may be assembled here, but the money goes out of the country and contributes to the trade deficit. Ditto for toyota and honda stuff, etc.

Just like that parts that are made for Ford cars overseas.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been a global market for many years now.
Get what you like the best and to hell with where it's "built" because it isn't all "built" there anyway.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by nsaqam
It's been a global market for many years now.
Get what you like the best and to hell with where it's "built" because it isn't all "built" there anyway.

Amen brother!
I have been a service contractor/consultant for the auto industry for 25 years. GM, FORD, JEEP, TOYOTA, HONDA and Nissan.

I have watched all these brands being built, up close and personal, the workers think I'm invisible. They go about the REAL NORMAL ROUTINE in my presence.

That said, I buy only GM trucks for my business. For Wifey and I only Toyota. If Toyota built a 3/4 and 1 ton for the US market, that's all I would buy.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
If it's such a "global market", tell me how many Detroit vehicles sold in Japan last year?

Some of you here are puzzling. Big hunters and outdoors men, but when it comes to cars and trucks, you cave into the wife who knows nothing about vehicles yet is always there harping about how you should get a Toyota and Honda. How many realize they were the most recalled vehicles for the past four years?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, Ford doesn't like to recall unless it's for a really GOOD reason. Ask a bunch of Pinto families.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, Ford doesn't like to recall unless it's for a really GOOD reason. Ask a bunch of Pinto families.

And that was.....over 30 years ago. Meanwhile, Toyota recalled 10 million vehicles in 2010 because they couldn't put a mat anchor in the vehicle to secure the floor mats and they can't design an accelerator that doesn't stick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
spitting spark plugs..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by add
If you can wait until this fall, the new Ford Fusion is going to completely dominate the mid-size sedan category.

Yes, probably the last we ever hear of the Accord and Camry... grin

I thought we were supposed to follow a recent suggestion and use a green font for sarcasm. grin

John

I follow my own suggestion:

"When it should be so blatantly obvious to 9 out 10 folks that it is sarcasm: no need to color code".

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
spitting spark plugs..

Isn't it amazing how so many can cite chapter and verse every Detroit vehicle mishap covering a period of at least 30 to 40 years, yet these same people can't ever seem to remember a single fault with an Asian auto?

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Some of you here are puzzling. Big hunters and outdoors men, but when it comes to cars and trucks, you cave into the wife who knows nothing about vehicles yet is always there harping about how you should get a Toyota and Honda.

Any wife who suggests getting a Honda or Toyota is a keeper.

Course, most auto mechanics will tend to suggest the same... unless business is slow.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add
Some of you here are puzzling. Big hunters and outdoors men, but when it comes to cars and trucks, you cave into the wife who knows nothing about vehicles yet is always there harping about how you should get a Toyota and Honda.

Any wife who suggests getting a Honda or Toyota is a keeper.

Course, most auto mechanics will tend to suggest the same... unless business is slow.

And to many people who earn their living via imported brands come here to blow Toyota/Honda sunshine up my rear with statements they can't possibly back up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We're doing the same thing at our house. Narrowed it down to Toyota Highlander or Nissan Murano. All she needs to do is decide.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And that was.....over 30 years ago. Meanwhile, Toyota recalled 10 million vehicles in 2010 because they couldn't put a mat anchor in the vehicle to secure the floor mats and they can't design an accelerator that doesn't stick.

That has been proven to be utter BS. Just like it was for Audi back in the 1980's.
EVERY single case has been the result of inept drivers pressing the accelerator rather than the brake.
Everyone who's ever driven a car knows that the brakes will win in a engine/tranny vs. brakes contest.
So keep spewing your jingoistic BS without knowing the facts.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
We're doing the same thing at our house. Narrowed it down to Toyota Highlander or Nissan Murano. All she needs to do is decide.

Alan

The Murano is nice but I just cannot stomach a CVT transmission.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nsaqam

That has been proven to be utter BS. Just like it was for Audi back in the 1980's.
EVERY single case has been the result of inept drivers pressing the accelerator rather than the brake.
Everyone who's ever driven a car knows that the brakes will win in a engine/tranny vs. brakes contest.
So keep spewing your jingoistic BS without knowing the facts.

Typical Toyota Troll trying to recast history.

Here are the FACTS - Along with a LINK so you can READ the TRUTH about ASIAN JUNK!

2009 saw the largest-ever recall in the history of Toyota with 4.3 million vehicles recalled due to floor mats catching the accelerator pedal. Now, Toyota has launched a separate recall for 2.3 million vehicles concerning gas pedals that can malfunction and stick � without a floor mat in the vehicle.

Toyota says that the latest recall is totally separate from the previous recall, and addresses the possibility of some accelerator pedals becoming stuck in a position that applies throttle, without a floor mat being present.

�Our investigation indicates that there is a possibility that certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position,� said Irv Miller, Toyota USA group vice president.

Click Here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it's such a "global market", tell me how many Detroit vehicles sold in Japan last year?

Some of you here are puzzling. Big hunters and outdoors men, but when it comes to cars and trucks, you cave into the wife who knows nothing about vehicles yet is always there harping about how you should get a Toyota and Honda. How many realize they were the most recalled vehicles for the past four years?

LOL how many Detriot vihicles come close to Japan's quality. Theres your answer.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,719
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.