Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so with this gathering a couple months away - some questions/comments:

1. How many folks are coming?

2. I have 2 wild boar hams, attained at the Campfire Hog Hunt from a youngish boar. If someone likes the idea of cooking them, I'll be happy to donate them. They are pretty good sized, maybe 15 lbs each.

3. So on guns to shoot, I have a fairly eclectic collection, in general terms 1911's, AR's, and Ruger #1's. Some that would be easy for beginners to shoot, some not. No plans to sell anything, but if someone wants to try something along those lines, let me know & I'll try to bring it. Sorry, no .450 Nitro #1...at least not this year smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Health and other issues allowing, Sherri and I hope to be there.

If we come we will bring some normal fun guns like her Bearcat 22 and my 1911 in 10mm, but I am toying with the idea of bringing the 416 Rigby so that those who wish to can shoot a gen you whine Elephant rifle that actually has elephant Blood in its life experience.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent, Mark, hope you can make it - and not just because I want to shoot your .416 grin

Part of the fun of the Campfire Hog Hunt was getting to shoot some awfully cool weapons. For this trip I'll probably bring an AR10 in .308, a .45-70 #1, the .480 Ruger, and the Les Baer. Knowing there might be some youngsters & recoil sensitive folks attending, I could sub a .223 or other lighter caliber guns, for other's enjoyment.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
so with this gathering a couple months away - some questions/comments:

1. How many folks are coming?

2. I have 2 wild boar hams, attained at the Campfire Hog Hunt from a youngish boar. If someone likes the idea of cooking them, I'll be happy to donate them. They are pretty good sized, maybe 15 lbs each.

3. So on guns to shoot, I have a fairly eclectic collection, in general terms 1911's, AR's, and Ruger #1's. Some that would be easy for beginners to shoot, some not. No plans to sell anything, but if someone wants to try something along those lines, let me know & I'll try to bring it. Sorry, no .450 Nitro #1...at least not this year smile

1. I am not sure of the actual number as of right now, but rough estimate would be about 15 to 20. Perhaps we need to start working on getting an accurate count?

2. I appreciate the offer on the hams, but I think I am set for what I have cooking, maybe someone else can put them to use. I will be smoking two pork shoulders for pulled pork like I did at the Sierra Vista get together. I think I am also going to cook up a pot of green chili pork to bring.

3. Bring whatever you feel like bringing for guns. I think we all have a pretty varied taste in guns from what I have seen at all the get togethers so far. There hasn't been a shortage of neat stuff on hand or folks willing to share at one of our shindigs yet. grin

Its getting closer, but feels like we have been talking about, and planning this one for a loooong time.
I am really looking forward to it. Seeing familiar friends, and making new ones. Its certainly is a great group of folks, and I am to be associated with all them... even KRP and tha DARBY fellow! grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It looks like I will be there. Not sure other than myself what I will be bringing. I have not flown with a gun in many years and not sure if Old Chocolate would be a star guest anyway. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flying with guns is a snap, Call me and I will give you some tips on such. Really glad that you get to come down! This is going to be one terrific shindig. MARK

If we get to come, we will have the 26ft camping trailer on hand. Hoping to get there a little early and do some fishing in the Lake. First for trout (Bait) then for Muskies.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thomas,

You keep talking abot this DARBY fellow. I've met KRP and some of the others, but I haven't seen this DARBY character. Does he really exist or is he a resident of the same neighborhood as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy? grin

Do pictures exist?

BTW, if you're putting together a list of attendees, I will be there! Going to slow down in Lamesa, TX and kidnap curdog4570 on the way.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He exists, but even I am beginning to question that too... grin

Maybe that will draw him up from the shadowy depths?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DARBY does indeed exist - or, at least did - and was a fun addition to the previous gathering at Q Lake due to his nice firearms, curious appearance and even more curious disposition - and a sanitary truck. Pictures do exist, but many are not suitable for posting on a family web site. He had conflicts due to an elk hunt and bad weather, so did not show up at the SV event last December.

We missed him a lot. Actually, a very nice and considerate fellow who who has stepped up and been very helpful in some circumstances of need. I hope he is able to come this July.

I am figuring that early in June we maybe should start a fresh post giving particular event info and aimed at getting a head count and setting tactical plans. As in the past, we can go to a group PM setting when we get into personal info particulars. How does this sound?

Last edited by CCCC; 05/09/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
DARBY does indeed exist

Yes, and he has been kind enough to try to educate this dumb Swede about how to make proper chili!

He reads more than he posts -- he said he got a kick out of the funny posts on the "white chicken chili" thread.

I have only met him via the internet, but he seems like a helluva nice fellow.

John

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joe ("DARBY") on the left of this pirated photo (the guy in long pants and no hair where it awta be) �

[Linked Image]

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

I am figuring that early in June we maybe should start a fresh post giving particular event info and aimed at getting a head count and setting tactical plans. As in the past, we can go to a group PM setting when we get into personal info particulars. How does this sound?

Excellent idea!
In the mean time we can b.s. it up here plenty... wink
On the subject of Sir Darby, he is everything CCCC has said. I think pretty highly of him in spite of any ribbing that I heap upon him. He is really good guy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I suppose I should reply here before things get too deep. Thanks for the kind words, folks.

First a disclaimer - Ken, that cannot be a picture of me. I am surely not that old.

As for the Quemado get-together, I will bring over the shooting bench, a few revolvers and a big batch of real chili. And of course my much-envied truck... cool

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
AHA! I KNEW we would get you to surface! I love fishing topwater! grin

Glad to hear from you, Joe. Even more glad to know you'll be at the gathering.

BTW, I think that picture of you is "age-enhanced" to show what you would look like if you reached 110. laugh

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 05/10/12.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

BTW, I think that picture of you is "age-enhanced" to show what you would look like if you reached 110. laugh

Ed

Oooohhhhh! Good zinger! grin

Note to self: don't piss Ed off... wink

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A presiidential portrait if I have ever seen one.
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

Oooohhhhh! Good zinger! grin

Note to self: don't piss Ed off... wink

John

You have nothing to worry about, John. As was pointed out by my Dad, I thought I was a real wit, but I was only half right! grin

Ed

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

Damn, I sure wish I could join you -- I can tell I'd get along with you guys!

John

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought you were going to be there!

That will be our loss, for sure. frown

Do you Skype? Perhaps (given good cell phone coverage) we can place a Skype video call from the Gathering so you can at least join in via cyberspace!

Ed

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed,

I have sure tried to make it, but I am afraid that it looks like any trip I can squeeze in will be to visit my aging folks back in Canada with some things this summer. They are in their middle eighties and even though I currently can do a lot of things for them via the internet, it looks like they will need help with some things that demand my physical presence.

I have not yet given up on Quemado though - and I am still reading the thread regularly!

I sure hope that this happens next year too -- I have a better chance of making that one!

John

Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 22250rem, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,029
Posts18,481,863
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.