I have been fishing out of a twenty foot wellcract v-20 for seven or eight years now. The motor's finally toast, so I bought a sailfish 218 this summer. My only choice of equipment was that I would have a new 4 stroke yamaha 150. I got my boat almost a month late and had a little engine trouble. When I put the engine in gear and eased the throttle forward, the engine would conk out. The dealers got it twice for about 20 hours and could not find the problem. A Yamaha tech had the boat three times and could not find the problem. He came back and adjusted the throttle position sensor: supposed to be .7 volts +- .02 and mine was off by .1 volts. I still had the problem, so Yamaha senior tech from Wisconsin was in the area and dropped in. He checked a bunch of things and found issue with the primer bulb. He said the arrow on the bulb had to point up, and mine was hanging down from the filter. He zip tied it up, said to pump it up every time before starting the engine and I should not have the stalling issue. Well so far so good. I don't know anyone else that has ever heard of mounting the primer bulb with the arrow pointing up. I wonder if anyone else out there has had the same trouble or has heard of such a thing.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson