Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He sure is.

I sat in the office of one of my Congress critters and he told me that the US government made a conscious decision in the early 1900's between going to a communist state or a fascist state. The government chose the fascist state. Hence, the beginning of the alphabet agencies and over regulation. We can see where the fascist state has taken us today and it ain't pretty.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
And the point of all the alphabet soup agencies is that they are unaccountable to the people via elections, yet have de facto law making and law enforcement power over us, i.e., they are a back door to despotism and tyranny. For example, the Fifth Amendment says they can't take your property without due process. Due process refers to a hearing before a neutral judge, and a determination that you actually owe that property to the government. This is required for each and every taking of property, yet there is no hearing before a judge, no requirement of a judge's order, before the government declares that you owe them a percentage of your income every year. And if you demand that you have a hearing before you're deemed to owe the money, as the Fifth Amendment requires, they will bring various punitive actions against you, all without a hearing. Same goes with the EPA, and countless other agencies.

PS That's why the income tax is called the voluntary income tax. If it was mandatory, then you'd have a right to a hearing and a judge's determination of your debt, and an order to pay, each and every year, for every American, BEFORE they were considered to owe one cent to the government. By calling it voluntary, they avoid that necessity, but try not volunteering and see what happens. It's essentially a mafia operation with no basis in law.

Ask them to show you the law that says you owe them any money, and they will not because there is no such law. It's done outside of law, by sheer intimidation. If there was a law, it could be challenged on the basis of the Fifth Amendment, so they were sure not to include any law stating that anyone owes personal income tax to the Internal Revenue Service.

There's an organization out there holding in reserve one million dollars for anyone who can produce a law in the US Code that says any American is required under penalty of law to pay personal income tax.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

It's so [bleep] sad and true...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh boy!
Carlin ain't gonna get much of a high five around here.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
gEORGE cARLIN TELLING IT LIKE IT IS !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Mostly, George Carlin was stoned.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Therefore what he said above was incorrect?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Oh no, correct. He was just had big time munchies when he said it. smile

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
so sad but this is true in Canada as well.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If it was, you wouldn't be watching it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
If it was, you wouldn't be watching it.
So it's incorrect, then?

What this man proposes tends to refute your refutation of Carlin by explaining what you believe to be a contradiction.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
George Carlin was always a favorite of mine. Thank heavens for cable/dish TV.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good video (Statism).

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Carlin also narrated Thomas the Train. Funny hearing his voice on a children's show after watching his stand up.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am against the grain here. If you watch his comedy acts, they are all about lecturing you.

The only thing GC did well IMO was nararate the Thomas the Train cartoons.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RAS
I am against the grain here. If you watch his comedy acts, they are all about lecturing you.

The only thing GC did well IMO was nararate the Thomas the Train cartoons.

+1

Carlin wasn't as great as a lot of people like to make him out to be, IMO.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by RAS

+1

Carlin wasn't as great as a lot of people like to make him out to be, IMO.

I recently read his autobiography (mainly cause I found it laying around on my last deployment, and needed something to kill time).

HUGE liberal, and very proud of it. He missed very few opportunities in the book to flaunt it, and bash everybody that he could.

I didn't much care for him back then (never "got" his stuff, and now realize that even though I didn't identify with liberal/conservative as a kid, something in me just found what he was saying to not feel right), and really have no respect for the guy now.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Plenty of people who were lifetime liberals eventually arrive at a large aspect of the truth in this regard, just as plenty who start as neocons eventually do so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,246
Posts18,525,054
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.