Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
This was on CBS This Morning today. It's not the whole interview but it's interesting nonetheless. The metrosexual puzzy interviewer had it coming, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-LWPZqZRc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have to wonder what exactly set him off.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
The clip didn't show the liberal PC slant the interview had up to that point. The entire interview isn't up on Youtube yet.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Uncle Ted pissed himself to avoid Vietnam.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They never show the whole thing, just the little sound bites that help to shed a poor light on the subject, Ted in this case. The media is a master at this, and its one of CBS SOP's. Had they aired the entire thing I'm sure it would have seemed much different. What a load of crap...

God Bless America!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There, problem solved and IMO, long overdue. whistle

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by burner
Uncle Ted pissed himself to avoid Vietnam.

So did Bush and Cheney. Your point?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't think he's any better of an example or leader for our cause than Bush or Cheney.

The anti's couldn't hope for a better example of whackaloon gun ownership than Ted Nugent.

Tom Selleck would be a better spokesman, but he keeps quiet about it. His choice.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't get me wrong, Ted can make me cringe with some of the stuff he says.

I just get weary of liberals from NYC doing hatchet jobs on people that don't OBEY their doctrine. I seriously wanted to punch that interviewer as I watched it this morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, we need to see the whole interview, but if any of you ever goes on TV ( I have, a couple of times but just local stations) KNOW that any small part of what you say can be cut out and used against you and against all of us. Choose and Mark your words, facial expressions, attitude, the WHOLE time there is a camera running nearby and not just when you THINK the interview is officially on. Any little part that looks damageing will be the ONE snippet that gets shown over and over again. Count on that. Best to not let all of your true feelings and thoughts out, sometimes.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The media did a good job of editing the 911 tapes and vidio clips of Zimmerman to make him look guilty, What do you think they would do to make Uncle Ted look bad?

Bob

If you can read and write, thank a teacher
If it's in English, thank a Vet

Life Member NRA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Don't get me wrong, Ted can make me cringe with some of the stuff he says.

I just get weary of liberals from NYC doing hatchet jobs on people that don't OBEY their doctrine. I seriously wanted to punch that interviewer as I watched it this morning.

I agree, I hate that too. My dad and I have talked about this a lot, and even though he likes Nugent, and I respect what he stands FOR, I think he's a bad spokesman.

I would think the same if Ozzy Osbourne started stumping for the Catholic Church. smile

What gets me about Nuge is he is one of the limp-d*ck big-talkers we used to see all the time when I worked in a gun store.

His whole quote "Well, they're lucky I didn't go to Vietnam, because I would have led the most a$$-kicking squad of killers the world had ever seen" or whatever, reminds me of all the wanna-be specops nerds and former Space Shuttle door gunners who came in wanting to buy tricked-out AR-15s so they could live out their "Call of Duty" fantasies while puffing on their inhalers and eating Cheetos in their mom's basement.

My grandfather was from the WWII generation and a POW and Purple Heart recipient so folks like Nuge don't sit well with me.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think he's any better of an example or leader for our cause than Bush or Cheney.
The anti's couldn't hope for a better example of whackaloon gun ownership than Ted Nugent.
Tom Selleck would be a better spokesman, but he keeps quiet about it. His choice.

When you're given the task of choosing who represents gun owners and hunters,please come and inform the members here.

Until then gun owners are represented by those who have the courage to come forward,place themselves in the crosshairs of the media and stand up to those who are determined to scuttle our second amendment.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rte

When you're given the task of choosing who represents gun owners and hunters,please come and inform the members here.

Until then gun owners are represented by those who have the courage to come forward,place themselves in the crosshairs of the media and stand up to those who are determined to scuttle our second amendment.

Well said RTE, I completely agree. I nominate this as post of the day.

God Bless America!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rte

So you think folks like JT Ready, Venola, David Koresh, etc., would be great spokespeople?

If the entire KKK showed up in uniform wanting to promote responsible gun ownership, that'd be cool?

Most organizations police the image they portray to the media, distancing themselves from crazy people with issues who may or may not support their cause.

You get all butt-hurt because I point out that Nugent is probably not the best example of responsible gun ownership. He certainly doesn't remind me of anyone I associate with who owns guns. Maybe I'm not associating with responsible hunters and gun owners? Maybe the Ph.D. I was skeet-shooting with a couple of months ago is an aberration.

I thought Charlton Heston was a better example. Just sayin'.

Chuck Norris is another one who shares a lot of the beliefs that we do here on the Campfire. Great example for our cause.

Last edited by burner; 05/04/12.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Charlton Heston is dead, so he's pretty quiet these day... and Chuck Norris is not very active or visible unless you like Walker Texas Ranger re-runs. Neither really help our cause today frankly. Ted does it "because nobody else does", and he's right... nobody else does as often and as visibly as he does. His detractors who criticize him under the guise of "I'm a gun owner" but don't offer a better option are just blowing a bunch of hot air. Ted's not the best example, no doubt... but at least he shows up to the game. He get's air time by being extreme, otherwise you wouldn't see him in the press as often as we do... its all by design. He's trying to piss people off, get it? Does he do it for financial gain? YES, do you think all of his ranting about the anti's is free? NO... he's gotta have a revenue stream to keep his campaign alive, like anyone else would. Ted puts himself at risk by doing what he does, fighting for our right to bear arms, to defend our family's with those arms, and to hunt with those arms... and for that he is a Patriot, draft dodger or not... I nailed a fat chick when I was a kid, sure glad nobody brings that up all the time trying to smear all the other good things I've done in my life...

The only person/people who have any right to condemn Ted Nugent are those who step up and are willing and able to do a better job, actively, and on a regular basis.
Any takers??? Hmmm, awkward silence...

God Bless America!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
More of the interview here, but I'm sure the broadcast segment was longer than 3:27.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_m...t-explodes-at-notion-he-s-not-a-moderate

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by redfoxx
Charlton Heston is dead, so he's pretty quiet these day... and Chuck Norris is not very active or visible unless you like Walker Texas Ranger re-runs. Neither really help our cause today frankly. Ted does it "because nobody else does", and he's right... nobody else does as often and as visibly as he does. His detractors who criticize him under the guise of "I'm a gun owner" but don't offer a better option are just blowing a bunch of hot air. Ted's not the best example, no doubt... but at least he shows up to the game. He get's air time by being extreme, otherwise you wouldn't see him in the press as often as we do... its all by design. He's trying to piss people off, get it? Does he do it for financial gain? YES, do you think all of his ranting about the anti's is free? NO... he's gotta have a revenue stream to keep his campaign alive, like anyone else would. Ted puts himself at risk by doing what he does, fighting for our right to bear arms, to defend our family's with those arms, and to hunt with those arms... and for that he is a Patriot, draft dodger or not... I nailed a fat chick when I was a kid, sure glad nobody brings that up all the time trying to smear all the other good things I've done in my life...

The only person/people who have any right to condemn Ted Nugent are those who step up and are willing and able to do a better job, actively, and on a regular basis.
Any takers??? Hmmm, awkward silence...

I'm not hating on him. I'm just saying I wish we had someone better. In the same way I wish we had some better candidates for the Presidency. Sometimes "voting for all we have," isn't the best choice.

Nuge must have a lot of relatives in this forum. Rough crowd this morning.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A couple weeks ago I posted about Teddy

I believe in the things Teddy believes (most) but I do question his Military or lack of Military background
I AM NOT A VET I respect and apreciate (I Thank all of you who served in all branches) all who are but I dont drape myself in a flag and pretend I am their "Blood Brothers"

I think that Ted pushes those who are moderates and on the fence sitters over to their side, simply I assume he scares quite a few of them. Make no mistake we need them on our side

When was the last time someone yelled at you and you listened?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Brookie
The media did a good job of editing the 911 tapes and vidio clips of Zimmerman to make him look guilty, What do you think they would do to make Uncle Ted look bad?

He sure knows how to give them ammo!
Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 05/04/12.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.