T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gun Owners of America

Obama Administration Pushing UN Gun Control
Senator Moran Bill Would Cut Funding
of UN Small Arms Treaty

Kansas Senator Jerry Moran introduced legislation to prohibit the Obama administration from negotiating away our gun rights as part of the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

The ATT is a backdoor attempt to impose massive restrictions on U.S. gun rights. While negotiations on the treaty are being held behind closed doors, it is certain to include language that will:

* Require the registration and licensure of American firearms;

* Ban large categories of firearms;

* Require the mandatory destruction of surplus ammo and confiscated firearms;

* Define manufacturing so broadly that any gun owner who adds an accessory such as a scope or changes a stock on a firearm would be required to obtain a manufacturing license;

* Require �microstamping� of ammunition.

The treaty could also be self-executing, which would mean that it would achieve its anti-gun objectives whether or not implementing legislation was passed by Congress.

Some people think the U.S. would never sign off on such a treaty. Well, think again.

In 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced the U.S. agreed to negotiate on the treaty.

That�s a shift from the Bush administration, which declared the ATT dead on arrival. President Bush wouldn�t have delivered the treaty to the Senate for ratification, but Obama can�t wait to use this vehicle as a way to show his anti-gun base that he is doing something on the gun control front.

GOA is continually briefing Senators on the dangers of this treaty. We even have a number of Senators who have committed in writing to oppose the treaty.

But one thing we fear is that the ATT is so massive (it would regulate everything from battleships to bullets) that many Senators may feel that the small arms portion is insignificant compared to the entire document.

A number of Senators who purport to be pro-gun could possibly go along with the treaty. It is also likely that no Democrat Senators � even those from so-called red states � will vote against the president in the months leading up to the election.

All this makes the Moran bill vitally important. S. 2205 will not allow the Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration to even attempt to negotiate away our gun rights.

The Moran bill is also a good test of which Senators are willing to stand against the president and oppose the ATT.

Please take a minute to urge your own Senators to cosponsor S. 2205, the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012.

And then please consider contributing to help GOA continue to battle this treaty and other attacks on the right to keep and bear arms.

It is important to act right away. Negotiations on the ATT are happening NOW! The committee at the UN in charge of the treaty expects to have a final draft ready by this summer. We need to use every means available to stop it in its tracks.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
but Obama can�t wait to use this vehicle as a way to show his anti-gun base that he is doing something on the gun control front.

Of course he'll wait; until right after the election.

I'm finding only 1 co-sponsor Rand Paul
If I'm reading right, S. 2205 has been assigned to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.

John Kerry Chairman
Richard G. Lugar Ranking Member
Barbara Boxer
Robert Menendez
Benjamin L. Cardin
Robert P. Casey Jr
Jim Webb
Jeanne Shaheen
Christopher Coons
Richard J. Durbin
Tom Udall
Bob Corker
James E. Risch
Marco Rubio
James M. Inhofe
Jim DeMint
Johnny Isakson
John Barrasso
Mike Lee

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
We better vote him out of office. Reguardless of his policies on other matters, good or bad, he is against OUR Bill of Rights. I'm against anyone who is against what this country was founded on.

Bob

If you can read and write, thank a teacher
If it's in English, thank a Vet

Life Member NRA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good thread but I don't understand how the Treaty could be "self-enacting" as against US without ratification in the Senate(?).

I have no idea why these enemies of the United States are allowed to congregate within our borders.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no idea why these enemies of the United States are allowed to congregate within our borders.

There are obama lovers right here at the fire grin

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't think we won't be right int the middle of this.

UNITED NATIONS (May 3, 2012): Countries under arms embargoes have imported more than US$2.2 billion worth of weapons over the past decade, the Oxfam aid agency said Thursday in a report calling for tighter global rules.

Several states have traded weapons "on a massive scale" despite being banned from the arms market, the humanitarian group said.

Myanmar bought US$600 million worth of weapons between 2000 and 2010, Iran purchased an estimated US$574 million worth from 2007 to 2010 and the Democratic Republic of Congo spent US$124 million from 2000 to 2002, the report said.

There have been 26 UN, regional or multilateral arms embargoes in force during this period, it said.

The United Nations is to hold talks on a new arms trade treaty in July.

Oxfam said the illegal trade reinforced the case for "robust" and legally binding laws on the sale and transfer of arms.

Oxfam's report, "The Devil Is In The Detail," says that the global trade in consumer goods such as bananas, coffee and cocoa is more tightly regulated than the arms trade.

"The challenge is to ensure the new treaty is really strong. It must unambiguously stop arms transfers where they would fuel conflict, poverty or human rights abuses," said Oxfam arms control campaigner Anna Macdonald.

"Existing arms embargoes are far too easy to break or ignore. The lack of international regulation means that states under embargo have been importing whatever weapons they choose with impunity."

Oxfam said there is "an intricate patchwork of regional and sub-regional agreements, but this lacks structure and coherence, allowing states to continue importing and trading weapons despite UN or other types of embargoes."

Macdonald added: "How can the sale of bananas be more tightly-controlled than the sale of machine guns? It just doesn't make sense."

The aid group said the proposed new arms trade treaty must block arms transfers where there is a substantial risk weapons will be used to violate international human rights or humanitarian law, or undermine development.

"Our position is clear: a weak treaty would be worse than no treaty at all, as this would merely legitimise the existing flawed system," said Macdonald. � AFP

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[bleep] the UN and Obama

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hurd dat.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John Bolton-UN ambassador under Bush- told the UN to stick it.

Hiwwary Clinton-UN ambassador under Obama-signed the treaty immediately.

The issue is democrats mad

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

Here is a link to an organization that supports our interests, worth checking out and unlike the NRA, they did not support Harry Reid.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and when rogue countries such as the norks, Iran, Russia, Pakistan and the Ukraine flaunt current international laws, nothing is done. Zero, zip, nada.
What makes anyone think making new international laws will solve the problem.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate Harry Reid,but he can't let this deal ever reach the Senate floor.He knows it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That is all the libs understand, making more laws is their answer to everything!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you have to be pretty GD stupid to be in favor of the 2A,and still be an Obama supporter.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by watch4bear

In the face of overwhelming evidence, you have to be pretty GD stupid to be in favor of the 2A,and still be an Obama supporter.

Well there are plenty of people who are plenty stupid

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why can't 0bama and his slobbering admirers all move to their utopia of North Korea and leave the rest of us alone!

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by mountainclmbr
Why can't 0bama and his slobbering admirers all move to their utopia of North Korea and leave the rest of us alone!

No wealth to control over there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

Here is a link to an organization that supports our interests, worth checking out and unlike the NRA, they did not support Harry Reid.

thanks for the link, didnt know about these people

=========================================================
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Treaties signed by the president are null and void unless the US Senate ratifies it with a two-thirds super majority.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Brookie
We better vote him out of office. Reguardless of his policies on other matters, good or bad, he is against OUR Bill of Rights. I'm against anyone who is against what this country was founded on.
laugh You don't actually believe that of Rand Paul, do you? The bill he's cosponsoring is that to stop the treaty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.