-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had one for fifteen great years. His name was Dillon the destroyer and it FIT him to a tee. A little rocket powered football with feet and teeth, that one.

He liked to, shall we say, "SLIME" the faces of unsuspecting visitors. He would watch where they were headed to sit down and once thier body was committed downward to a spot he would sprint at a BLUR towards them but begin his leap in the middle of the living room, landing upon thier lap just as thier butts touched down. Taking the opportunity to quickly wash their face, nose, eyes, ears, mouth, and all with the fastest and longest doggy tongue you ever saw... smile

All through dinner each night Dillon would bounce (they LOVE to bounce!) up to look over whatever was on the dinner table, all during the WHOLE MEAL. bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce..... And if you answered his hearfelt deepest prayers and actually gave him a morsel? He would gobble it up with gusto no matter if it was a bit of roast beef or, for cryin out loud a PICKLE or Carrot or some such odd thing for a dog to want. The point to him was that it came from US and from our table and that meant it was wanted and desireable and delectable.

DANG it! I miss that little bundle of springy terror! If any of you can get one, do so. Oh yeah, they trail game like little blood devils.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are a bundle of energy and smart as anytthing. They are a working dog and need to be busy to be happy. That joy is obvious with them as they wear their emotions on their sleeve, so to speak.

Coues, make sure your wife is on board before you get him because they will not take rejection well if at all.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive seen JRTs used and crosses with other terriers, usually fox terrier, and the Jaeger hound RatFink mentioned ( not too impressed with them...) and my freind who was a PH used a Dachshund/Fox terrier cross that was dynamite! Jrts just seems to be naturals for this kind of work....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I cannot watch a program on TV with bears in it, because they will attack the TV. The TV is mounted on the wall 4' off the floor, they will jump and bark like the bear is treed. I have tried to discourage it, but they are a very head strong breed.

grin I thought mine were "unique"... "Tuffy" is the worst offender because he won't quit...

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Buddy of mine who bred GSPs came upon a JRT - maybe one of his wives brought it home - and he immediately nicknamed it "Osama."

I said why "Osama?" (mindful of 9/11).

His answer: "Because the thing is a freaking terrorist"

"Osama" ran every dog in that kennel, from the puppies to the Shepard guard dog.

No fear. No rest.

IC B2

T
T
Probably Fox Terriers. The 3 PH's I know in Namibia use them and they are great tracking dogs if properly trained.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 53 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.