Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bigamp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but here goes. If your were selling a firearm with someone, and they ask "are you interested in any trading" depending on what they have(firearm) what's the best way or how do you guys handle the trade. I mean do you wait til the trade come in like cash or do you ship and let the items pass each other in the mail?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to have trust on both ends, let them cross in the mail. --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Depends - somebody has to blink first. Most people that have bought/sold with each other in the past will let it pass in the mail. I think most sellers agree that getting one side of the trade completed (IE recieved) is the norm before sending their half on first time deals. You'll get a lot of opinions on this, it's really what your gut tells you in dealing with the other party, and what the other party is willing to do.

Last edited by AH64guy; 05/08/12.
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I've done it both ways, but would say that 90% of the time I've let them pass in the mail. As long as each party is providing a tracking number you should be alright. I guess I figure if something starts looking "hinky" I can always intercept the package when it gets to the destination if I'm using UPS. Don't know about USPS. I've never had a problem yet, but I suppose there is always that chance.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Communication, communication, communication! I always provide e-mail and phone number on all deals and expect the same from whomever I'm dealing with. You can usually get a good feel for each other in one phone conversation; even shoot the schit!!!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PSH
I've done it both ways, but would say that 90% of the time I've let them pass in the mail. As long as each party is providing a tracking number you should be alright. I guess I figure if something starts looking "hinky" I can always intercept the package when it gets to the destination if I'm using UPS. Don't know about USPS. I've never had a problem yet, but I suppose there is always that chance.
how do you do the intercept?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From what I've seen, trading seldom works out equally and 1 party always feels that he got the short end of the stick. I would NEVER trade sight unseen.

Heck, even buying has its challenges if the seller doesn't know what he is selling and claims that it is something that it isn't.

Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I recently did a trade with Safariman and I sent him my rifle and he sent me his trade material after he received my rifle. I was comfortable with this, mainly because he has a high post count and I have seen him dealing on this website for quite a long while. I have also done cross in the mail trades and buys and sells. It just depends on how I feel.

Bart

B
Bigamp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks Guys..
Anthony

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a trust thing. If someone does not trust me to send a rifle but I would trust him to let them cross in the mail, I would have problems with his honesty....

Why should I take all the risk?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You can call UPS and request the intercept prior to the item getting to it's destination. When it reaches the destination they will turn it around. I've personally never had to do it, but was recently in the UPS depot where it had been done. Seems it had to do with some fraudulently obtained drugs. The people that were calling were told the sender had intercepted the packages, and they were going back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I let em cross paths in the mail all the time... If I know the purchaser well enough (seen him post, had other dealings with him) I will even put them in the mail before I receive payment.

Bart and I just traded some stuff plus cash... I didnt hesitate to get my things in the mail ASAP... If I thought at any point I didnt trust this guy I would have never done the deal in the first place.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 35 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,052
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.