cabelas microtex.

+1

Ted
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I've been using Sitka Ascent and more recently the Kuiu Attack and have enjoyed both.

My completely un-scientific opinion is that the Ascents are a lighter pant and better for warm weather, while the Attacks a little more durable. Both are very comfortable and fit me well. The material on the Attack pants has a better DWR and I like the pockets more.

If I could only have one it would be the Attacks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y'all got to stop with the raving about Kuiu's, I'm about ready to pull the trigger and order a pair.
Are they heavy? Maybe I should ask, are they for warm or cool weather? Very breathable?

And how do you pronounce that? Is it KEW-EE-YEW?

Last edited by snubbie; 05/06/12.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Carhartt moss green for the 80% of the time when I'm hunting and it's dry. When kind of wet, microtex. When really wet, HH Impertech.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by David_Walter
US ARMY ECW Level 5 SOFT SHELL TROUSER WIND PANTS

like these

+1. I also like REI's Sahara pants for warmer weather.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
koo-you

they are superlight and perfect for all weather except the very cold or the very warm.

BBerg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ella
Sporthills if it's cold/snowy. Nylon hiking pants if it's less cold--ex-officios or REI or something.

I had a pair of Cabela's thin nylon hiking pants with zip open mesh vents along the thighs that were the best hot weather hiking pants ever--but they quit making them some time back. My last pair finally wore out....

(For the briars, I've got a pair of nylon faced jeans that have held up for several years now, but they're heavy sobs.)

German army surplus goretex for the rain--they weigh nothing and work great.

Ella
These might be similar to the discontinued Cabelas pants. I've not bought a pair, but have thought they'd be the berries for hot weather.

http://www.railriders.com/men-eco-mesh-pant-with-insect-shield-p-837.html?cPath=104_110

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Columbia Omni-shield cargo's

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cabela's Microtex or Microtex Lite for warmer weather. I also have thier "Hunt Tech" warm weather gear, it works great but not sure on durability as I only wear it when it is downright hot out, which is not often.

Isaiah 6:8

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntr
Kuiu Attack pants are the finest pant I have ever owned.

For those that have been using these, are their sizing pretty accurate or smaller-larger?? Seem to remember the first Sitka stuff ran way small. I'd like to give Attack a try but just wondering about their sizing??

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Mine were true to size. phil

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
my attack pants were true to size

my attack pants are more comfortable and roomy, length, thight and calve size wise than my sitka ascent pants

i have yet to find a better pant, i have tired a bunch, sitka, first lite, microtex, mtn hardware, etc

the attacks are the best i have worn, bought a brown pair for everyday wear

also look at the new guide pants, the perfect late season pants i do believe

M
M
I have a number of pants for the outdoors, depending on use. For bird hunting, I love my Filson double tin chaps. the zippered bottom allows me to pull them over my boots at the end of a hunt.

For light outdoor hikes, or mushroom picking in the summer, Ex Officio.

For hiking in tougher terrain, or where I need something VERY dependable and super comfy, Kuiu's.

I'm with ShootOne... Iv'e tried a number of others, including Mountain Hardwear, but nothing comes close to the Kuiu. I hope to get the guide pants this winter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Michael_Tanner

I'm with ShootOne... Iv'e tried a number of others, including Mountain Hardwear, but nothing comes close to the Kuiu. I hope to get the guide pants this winter.

I have a couple Attack, love them. I thought about the Guide, but not sure if they will be that much better than where I am sitting. If you want to get the Guide pants, I would get on it soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too like the Cabela's Microtex.

For a bit colder weather I like the lighter weight Filson wool pants.

And for real cold weather I like the heavier weight Filson wool pants.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have several Kuiu pairs and they are boot cut but you may have to hem them other than that they are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn including the Sitka pants. I am not buying the guide pants I wore the attack pant last fall in CO when it was down to 20 all I did was add wool long johns. I also wore them in 80 degree weather last fall bow hunting and they worked great.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm a fan of the Kuiu Attack pants. I hunted the mountains from mid-September through mid-December in them. Started out w/ just a pair of merino boxer shorts under them & at the end, had on the merino boxers and a pair of heavy weight merino long underwear. I was completely comfortable the entire season. I wore them in the 70-80 degree heat of September, through the rain & sleet of October and November and into 3+ feet of snow in December. Wouldn't have traded them for anything else.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Another Microtex fan.

I do like the looks of these though...

http://www.firstlite.com/product_detail/295/kanab-lightweight-pant

Anyone have a pair? If so, how do you like them?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just received my Kuiu Attack pants. I was pretty much underwhelmed upon first inspection...don't really know what I was expecting though. I suppose they seemed almost fragile, I was expecting more a heavy duty look.

Anyway, I wore them around yesterday evening, out in the yard, grilling a steak, etc. I will agree they are VERY comfortable. I'm looking forward to using them in the woods.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those that like the KUIU pants, they have their solid color outerwear 25% off for a Fathers day sale.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (6MMWASP, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 11 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,656
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.