Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lovesomeshootin
Re: You might want to check this out
444Matt
Campfire Guide

Loc: Alabama

Thank you, I really appreciate the heads up. The ammo is stuck in Denver as verifiable by the delivery confirmation number. Usps has opened a case on it but they are slow. I refunded the little chit his money on the 20th and never heard a word about it till now. No pms, emails or anything letting me know if the refund got their or not, I assumed it had and that there was no problem. Some people.....

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To paraphrase Dylan "stuck in Denver with those wy blues again".....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I've dealt with Matt, things went smooth.. I'm betting there's two sides to this story......

Maybe I missed it here, but I haven't read any reasonable explanation for this delay in providing the ammo...

You, or I, haven't read anything that might qualify as a "reasonable explanation" from seller or buyer.

Matt appears to be keeping this between Him and the buyer.

I've got a hunch the ammo is being held by USPS, but that's a wild ass guess, like most everything else here so far.

I also have a hunch Matt works away from home, Military or off-shore oil or such, and that can add to the problem.

I may be off the charts here, but we'll see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if USPS has a hunch it's ammo, and being shipped without the required ORM-D label (which they would then see and refuse to ship), then the ammo could be bye-bye...

Then again, I sent a money order for some stuff in an envelope I had run through the postage machine. Handed it to the mailman. Over 3 weeks later USPS still had not delivered the MO. I got another one and sent that one USPS priority flat rate envelope. That made it in two days. Still don't know where the original MO is...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
And if USPS has a hunch it's ammo, and being shipped without the required ORM-D label (which they would then see and refuse to ship), then the ammo could be bye-bye...

Then again, I sent a money order for some stuff in an envelope I had run through the postage machine. Handed it to the mailman. Over 3 weeks later USPS still had not delivered the MO. I got another one and sent that one USPS priority flat rate envelope. That made it in two days. Still don't know where the original MO is...

It doesn't matter WHAT'S on the outside of the box. If USPS figures out it's ammo, ain't nobody getting it back. You can MAIL empty brass or component bullets, but anything with powder or primer is strictly verboten.

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JLarsson
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

It doesn't matter WHAT'S on the outside of the box. If USPS figures out it's ammo, ain't nobody getting it back. You can MAIL empty brass or component bullets, but anything with powder or primer is strictly verboten.

I had the same problem with USPS. They said the Priority Mail box "failed", but when they taped it back together, the only contents that made it to the recipient were cartridge cases and bullets. The ammo was "lost". Even the Fail-Safe bullets (with the black coating that made them look somewhat like the dreaded "Black Talons") were "lost"...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Seems if you got enough posts under your belt and are buddies with the regulars here it don't matter how bad you screw up a deal. I've sold a good bit of stuff here and elsewhere. I've always had the shipping planned out before I post something for sale. If you ain't got time to pack it up and ship it right, don't put it up for sale. No matter how many friggin posts you've made.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How about this...lets let Matt and the OP deal with this.

This is not a "Reader's Forum" here with some local newspaper. We are all men here...some women, but all adults.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I had every intention of keeping this private, but the OP wants to air it out so here is my side of the story and what will be done to resolve this little situation.

First off thanks to those that stuck up for me on here, it's always nice to have friends cover your six.

I posted some ammo for sale late march/early april. The OP bought it and it was shipped in a very timely manner. This link shows all tracking data:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf...087&qtc_senddate1=&qtc_zipcode1=

I did ship via USPS this something that I have done countless times before, never had a problem. Well now I have one, lesson learned. The OP contacted me that he had not recieved the package. This was middle of April, I told him I'd call USPS and check into the matter as I had saved the delivery confirmation #. Called USPS and was told the shipment had never made it out of Denver and that a case # would be assigned to it and they took my info telling me they would call me when they find something out. (still haven't heard back from them btw)

OP informed me if the package didn't get to him by April 20th that he would like a refund. I agreed as the fault was on my end with the shipping being screwed up.

On 4/20 I sent him this pm:

I've started an investigation with USPS on the package. The delivery confirmation number if you would like to have it is:

0311 2550 0002 5887 7087

I shipped it April 2nd and as of April 4th it was stuck in Devener Co.

If you will please give me your home address I'll be glad to refund your $65 while we wait to see how this pans out.

Sorry this all happened, I shipped two packages at that same time and this one for whatever reason didn't make it.

Thanks,

Matt

On 4/22 he replied with his home address and on Tuesday the 24th I sent a personl check in the amount of $65 out to him.

Never heard a word from him after that. I never checked up on it and honestly I'm not going to notice if a $65 check clears my account or not. Not trying to sound like some big baller or whatever, but honestly don't watch it that close. Not hearing from the OP I assumed everything was fine and moved on.

I wouldn't have even known this thread existed if not for a good friend PM'ing me to let me know what was going on.

So that's my side of the story FWIW.

Now what do we do from here? Well the OP is for sure owed his money. Tommorow I'll stop payment on the check at my bank. I'll also get him another refund on the way pronto. I'll be sure to post all that here for those that care to see.

My biggest issue here is yet again we have a guy going apechit calling out another forum member without trying to contact that forum member to handle it between them. Rather choosing to bitch and moan to the whole forum and let everybody know what a super bad guy I am and not to ever deal with me yada yada. Never mind the fact that I've been a member in good standing here for years, have thousands of actual content contributing posts, or close to a hundred deals go through with no problem here on the fire and at other sites such as Marlinowners.com Levergunlovers.com shootersforum.com and the original MarlinTalk.

Please let this thread be a lesson to all noob trolls. Try to handle crap like this via PM, phone call email ect. Do it in person first. IF you can't get it resolved that way THEN take it to the open forums.

Looking forward to getting this resolved and have the OP eat his words about what an untrustworthy man I am.

PS DeFlave,
I am honored that you saw fit to comment on this thread, that has to earn me something similar to turdlike status. Oh and don't worry, A saint I ain't!

Matt

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ddurst
Seems if you got enough posts under your belt and are buddies with the regulars here it don't matter how bad you screw up a deal. I've sold a good bit of stuff here and elsewhere. I've always had the shipping planned out before I post something for sale. If you ain't got time to pack it up and ship it right, don't put it up for sale. No matter how many friggin posts you've made.

Unfortunately, packages can and do get lost/damaged in transit and it sounds like Matt's handled it properly. I've dealt with him a couple times and he's 100% good to go.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
It's been more than 24 hours since Matt told us he would split this case wide open with his proof that I was in the wrong here. And prove to his loyalists that he is still their guy. He told me that the USPS was "looking into" where the shipment was. My guess is the USPS found out it was ammo, and it is now in their possession.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd
I've dealt with Matt, things went smooth.. I'm betting there's two sides to this story......

Maybe I missed it here, but I haven't read any reasonable explanation for this delay in providing the ammo...

You, or I, haven't read anything that might qualify as a "reasonable explanation" from seller or buyer.

Matt appears to be keeping this between Him and the buyer.

I've got a hunch the ammo is being held by USPS, but that's a wild ass guess, like most everything else here so far.

I also have a hunch Matt works away from home, Military or off-shore oil or such, and that can add to the problem.

I may be off the charts here, but we'll see.

Pretty spot on. That is what I believe has happened to the stuff as well. Also yes I work for the Dept. of the Army as a dual status Military Tech. I spent about 50% of my time in uniform working with variouse Army Reserve Units sometimes TDY sometimes local, the other half in a consolidated maint. shop turning wrenches on Army Equipment. Its a cool blend of the stuff I miss from Active Duty minus a lot of the stuff I don't miss.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chesterwy
It's been more than 24 hours since Matt told us he would split this case wide open with his proof that I was in the wrong here. And prove to his loyalists that he is still their guy. He told me that the USPS was "looking into" where the shipment was. My guess is the USPS found out it was ammo, and it is now in their possession.

It's called a Job. I leave my house at 0600 every morning and just got home about an hour ago. You're money will be on its way to you Friday, but please keep us entertained here with your bitching

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Dang Im glad to find out this at least was started over such a large sum of money. I was afraid it was just a buck or two. Matt,would you break open the piggy bank and make this go away already...

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
You are leaving out a few details on our conversations via pm. After you informed me that you sent it in the mail I informed you that was a violation of USPS policy. No reply. Five days later I asked for my money back. The next day you pm me telling me the shipment is stuck in Denver. You asked for my address which I sent. No reply from you beyond that. No check is in the mail. Nothing. As has been stated before communication is key.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The common denominator in many of these call-out threads, is the breakdown of communication, which is then replaced by frustration.

I believe each and every step in the transaction should require a pm to buyer/seller, check sent, pm sent. Check received, pm sent and so forth. Obviously honesty is important here....

I bought a scope last week from this forum, The seller and I have 9 pm's telling of each and every step of the transaction. The scope should arrive tomorrow.

And chesterwy, we're not his Loyalist, this one just didn't pass the smell test, Yet, I understand you wanting your product or your cash. Sometimes we all get a little frustrated and impatient.

This is one of those deals that hit a snag, it will get worked out....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I've dealt with many low post count people here, all with complete satisfaction.
That said, a person with a high post count here makes me feel more at ease.
TBB got it right, those people with a long relationship here, as evidenced by their post count, tend to value their reputation here and have built up a reserve of trustworthiness which they are loathe to squander.
I also have a bit of a problem with people who have the vast majority (or all in some cases) of their posts in the Classifieds forum. That just bugs me.

nsaqam,
I was not aware that there was a prerequisite to buy in the classifieds on the fire. Just how many posts do I need in the other forums to be qualified to purchase here. I have spent a small fortune on the fire, financially supporting the sellers here. I guess I'd better back off and get my post count up in other departments before I purchase anything else here. I apologize for screwing up like this. I promise to do better next time. I thank you kindly sir for the enlightenment!

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Admiral,
I agree completely and I've made the same point in the past.

To all,
When I sell something, which is rare enough...most of the time I'm buying, I PM the buyer with the Delivery Confirmation number. But then I also track its progress daily and will PM the buyer again the day USPS says its going to be delivered. I think that's my obligation as the seller, and I wish others here would do the same.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AZ, what part of "I" and "me" don't you understand?

I'm not entitled to feel the way I do about people who only post in the Classifieds?

This Campfire to me is a place where shooting and hunting information is shared, knowledge relayed and things learned. It has a nice Classifieds section too but that is merely a convenience and not remotely the primary attraction.

Apparently for some, you for one, that is the only attraction.

That bugs me.

Last edited by nsaqam; 05/11/12. Reason: nastiness removed.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Admiral,
I agree completely and I've made the same point in the past.

Jerry/AK

Says another "member" with 99.9% of his posts in the Classifieds.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (21, 10Glocks, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 56 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.