Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Well not yet, but let's see how good (or bad) a prognosticator I am. And it'll be announced at or before the DNC. Might even get Joe to resign in time for her to be nominated and approved by Congress - 'cause there's no way the Rs would decline to approve.

Host of reasons, in no particular order:
- Everyone knows she wants 2016, and it's obvious to go at it from the sitting VP slot.
- Biden certainly ain't 2016 Presidential material.
- Biden's role for the nexxt couple of months will be the same as the last week or so - say over-the-top stuff (like the Bush/Iran thing and the gay "marriage" float) to stir up the D base.
- Then after stirring up the base, he gets replaced with Hill, who looks in comparison like the responsible, adult option.
- Hill even makes Obamney (D) look more mature and responsible by having her on the ticket.
- Some degree of female-vote pandering is present, too.
- The risk to her comes if Obamney (D) is big public train wreck in his second term. She doesn't want to get dragged down and lose her 2016 chance. Her plan for this is to make a big public repudiation of him by resigning as VP or something. She and Bill set up a shadow presidency in the MSM until 2016.

Other intesting point: Her self-interest in 2016 will make her actually keep a leash on Obamney (D), so he doesn't torpedo her chances. The internal conflict will be interesting.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When's the last time you saw them pictured together? The current arrangement is not even a marriage of convenience, it's one BO viewed as a necessity at the time. Having said that, I don't think he gives two shakes about the party much less her or 2016. I can't see either one of them tolerating a Pres/VP relationship. Plus he's not an idiot. If she were VP he'd be dead inside of 90 days.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would be extremely polarizing... Don't think it would bring him any new votes, and the Clintons have baggage.

They might try it, but don't think it would succeed...

Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Plus he's not an idiot. If she were VP he'd be dead inside of 90 days.

And there is that angle...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Have to go with LSU on this due to PineTree's low post count.:)

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't see it. Have you seen the latest images of Hillary? She's really let herself go and looks terrible. That's not exactly something one does right before sliding into the VP seat.

I think Hillary wants to keep her distance from Obama for a couple of key reasons. The first is that he stands a very real chance of losing this year. Adding her to the ticket will probably just look like pandering to voters. Second, Hillary doesn't respect Obama or think he's competent. If he wins this election, the next four years will be a train wreck. She wants absolutely no part of that.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No way.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A nother nut added to this ceap

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
I think Hillary wants to keep her distance from Obama for a couple of key reasons. The first is that he stands a very real chance of losing this year. Adding her to the ticket will probably just look like pandering to voters. Second, Hillary doesn't respect Obama or think he's competent. If he wins this election, the next four years will be a train wreck. She wants absolutely no part of that.

This.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plus he's not an idiot. If she were VP he'd be dead inside of 90 days.

And this...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope they do because in the long run this kinda non-sense will help Romney.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Imo, and down deep within her heart, Hillary despises Obama.

Despite that big gaff, idiot, and moron Joe Biden, he will remain on the "donkey" ticket in November.

Would not look good politically for Obama to replace Biden with Hillary. Then Obama would have to admit in so many words that he is a big gaff and an idiot. Kinda like Obama himself.

And it would look as though that Obama is pandering, which he is doing anyway.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll go with the Joe's out part. The Chevy Chase of liberal politics. And he won't be happy about it. Probably write a book about things he always wanted to say but was afraid to. Poor guy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by shootem; 05/11/12.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

As Secretary of State, she has a job with real status and authority.

As vice president, she'd be nothing. The same way Joe Biden is nothing.

She won't take it, and she won't ask for it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The reason she might take a shot at VP is because she'll be nearly 70 for the 2016 elections. It'd be a tough sell at that age to run for Pres.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Politics does make for stange bedfellows and even stranger situaitons. Anyone's guess is as good as anothers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pine_Tree
Well not yet, but let's see how good (or bad) a prognosticator I am. And it'll be announced at or before the DNC. Might even get Joe to resign in time for her to be nominated and approved by Congress - 'cause there's no way the Rs would decline to approve.

Host of reasons, in no particular order:
- Everyone knows she wants 2016, and it's obvious to go at it from the sitting VP slot.
- Biden certainly ain't 2016 Presidential material.
- Biden's role for the nexxt couple of months will be the same as the last week or so - say over-the-top stuff (like the Bush/Iran thing and the gay "marriage" float) to stir up the D base.
- Then after stirring up the base, he gets replaced with Hill, who looks in comparison like the responsible, adult option.
- Hill even makes Obamney (D) look more mature and responsible by having her on the ticket.
- Some degree of female-vote pandering is present, too.
- The risk to her comes if Obamney (D) is big public train wreck in his second term. She doesn't want to get dragged down and lose her 2016 chance. Her plan for this is to make a big public repudiation of him by resigning as VP or something. She and Bill set up a shadow presidency in the MSM until 2016.

Other intesting point: Her self-interest in 2016 will make her actually keep a leash on Obamney (D), so he doesn't torpedo her chances. The internal conflict will be interesting.
Not a bad argument..

RE: Biden not being VP material - the only 'material' he's good for is comic routines.. What a putz..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtMike
The reason she might take a shot at VP is because she'll be nearly 70 for the 2016 elections. It'd be a tough sell at that age to run for Pres.

I don't understand why someone shouldn't be considered as a possible presidential candidate because of advancing years. Personally, I feel that as you grow older you're much more mentally stable than when you're young. In effect, you "know what you know" and aren't constantly casting about for direction. I believe President Reagan was an excellent example of what I'm talking about. He knew a few truths and didn't waiver from them; Communism is bad, the American people are good, government should get out of the lives of both individuals and business. This new tone ignited an economic rebound in the United States that lasted for 20 years. A younger president would still be looking for their own identity, have to much reliance on "advisers", and be far to concerned about their legacy and re-election. Just look at all the "czars" Obama has as well as his advisers like Axlerod, who seems to be almost a shadow president. All are apparently necessary just to get Obama through the day. For me, I'll take a seasoned veteran for president every time over a young rookie.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying here. "Billary" would NEVER get my vote!

Last edited by walt501; 05/11/12.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Let's hope she's out of a job either way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When's the last time you saw them pictured together? The current arrangement is not even a marriage of convenience, it's one BO viewed as a necessity at the time. Having said that, I don't think he gives two shakes about the party much less her or 2016. I can't see either one of them tolerating a Pres/VP relationship. Plus he's not an idiot. If she were VP he'd be dead inside of 90 days.
No kidding. If there's any cabal inside the Dim Party that's as corrupt and willing to do violence as Obama's Chicago bunch it's Billary's Arkansas Mafia. It's like New York Undercover vs. Justified.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hillary really isn't qualified to be President. She became Senator and Es. of State only because of Bill. In addition, she hasn't accomplished anything in either of those positions

[Linked Image from ]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, Algotguns, 426crown, 35, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 16,943 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,202
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.