Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I have worn mine for the last 19 years. I like it and feel odd without it. I told my wife that the first time I lose a digit, I am done wearing it. I have hooked it once but not all that bad.

I cannot speak for others, but I wear mine by choice...NOT because my wife TOLD me to. I am betting more than a few of our resident hard asses are in that boat of being TOLD but don't have the satch to come clean on where the bear [bleep] in the buckwheat...YOU know who you are!!! wink

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Only been married for 3 years but hardly ever wear an ACTUAL ring. have a nice tungsten and diamond ring that the wife got me but being in the field i was afraid to lose it. so went to the friendly military tattoo artist and had wifes initials on ring finger where the band would go. never have to worry about loosing it and i plan on keeping her around for good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mines on my key ring for 33yrs

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't have a recommendation as to wearing it casually, but don't wear them while working. I have seen the results of two men losing a finger, one when he slipped on a ladder, tried to grap a handhold and had the ring catch on an edge and rip his finger off and another when he was holding a pipe wearing gloves and another worker torqued the pipe with a drill and an edge caught and twisted off the finger.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've had one on my finger since September 7th 1996.Probably hasn't been off my finger for more than 2 minutes since then. Drove me crazy the first couple weeks,but now I don't even notice it.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hope none of you guys can relate to this song.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UByxVxjkx-s[/video]

Dave
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't married so I don't wear one. A kid high school got his class ring hung on the rim dunking a basketball. Damn near lost his finger.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't wear one, not likely to repeat the mistake a second time.

9.3 Digits Dan

PS: Dat chitt hurts beyond your wildest fantasies...all the way up to your armpit...and into the next month.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Two friends of mine lost their fingers due to their rings. I have not worn one for 25 years and my wife and I couldn't be happier.

WS

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I have worn my ring every single day since my wife put it on my finger at our wedding 12 years ago. It is a symbol of our marriage and it makes it clear to all the women I come in contact with that I am NOT available. Other than safety reasons due to ones job, I can't think of a single reason not to wear one. In my opinion, not wearing one invites unwanted attention from women who are not aware you are married. Again, just my opinion, no appologies.

Yep. Always wear mine, but not in a hazardous line of work, either.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got mine almost 19 years ago and wear it almost every day. Times when I forget it and I'm working in the office, I go all day knowing that I'm missing it.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
17 years ago later this month. I think when it was 'new' I occasionally took it off if doing something where it, or I, might get damaged but never longer than whatever the task was. Didn't take long to get over worrying about it and it's been many many years since I've taken it off. Sleep with it, I never even notice it. It shows 17 years of scratches and nicks and the jeweler including lifetime polishing. I don't think I'll ever have that done.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YES!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I'll find out on Thursday, but I know for sure when I'm pounding hubs or setting property corners, it's definitely coming off. Just my luck to get it caught between a 5/8x39" iron rod and a 3 pound sledge.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It is a symbol of our marriage and it makes it clear to all the women I come in contact with that I am NOT available.

I hear you. A back-up plan might be a good idea though, should you ever decide to have the ring re-sized, or polished or something some day. One of these bad boys could come in right handy if you're besieged by mobs of ladies who find you irresistible.

[Linked Image]

eek grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where do I get one!

grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Always wear my ring unless it could be a hazard. Learned the hard way that barracude are attracted to flashing things in the water. That was rather exciting for a few seconds.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wore a ring on my honeymoon. Lasted about two days at work before I caught it on a "T" handle on the truck box. No harm, but I have rarely worn it since. Not sure where it is. Wife is fine with it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
It is a symbol of our marriage and it makes it clear to all the women I come in contact with that I am NOT available.

I hear you. A back-up plan might be a good idea though, should you ever decide to have the ring re-sized, or polished or something some day. One of these bad boys could come in right handy if you're besieged by mobs of ladies who find you irresistible.

[Linked Image]

eek grin

A man of your ingenuity and can-do spirit should be a bit more innovative. You have a recycling bin for soup/beer cans and whatnot? Some measuring and welding and I think you get the picture. Might be the brainchild/idea for a little side gig, bud. For the greenies out your way you could use hollowed out tubers and whatnot...

wink

Sorry. It's Friday for me. Having a couple. smile

I think it should be up to the individual. Defiantly not safe for some occupations. Although in my case, I've found that by wearing one it defiantly repels men away...

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,200
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.