Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Dang, I'm surprised.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76367.html

Nebraska state Sen. Deb Fischer wrested the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate from Attorney General Jon Bruning Tuesday night, riding a burst of late momentum to pull off an unexpected victory.

Her stunning come-from-behind performance amounts to a warning flare about the volatility of the primary season and the unintended impact of outside groups.

Fischer, a rancher and little-known state lawmaker, maintained a positive, above-the-fray tone while Bruning and state Treasurer Don Stenberg consistently traded blistering barbs. But she also benefited from a flurry of outside spending against Bruning, the front-running establishment favorite for more than a year who watched his polling lead evaporate during the final week of the campaign.

The victory sends Fischer to the general election as a favorite over former Sen. Bob Kerrey, who easily disposed of four lesser-known opponents for a shot at the open seat being left vacant by retiring Sen. Ben Nelson. Nebraska is a must-win for Republicans if they are to acquire the four pickups necessary to flip control of the Senate this fall.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
She was a last place contender of the Tea Party until endorsed and campaigned for by Sarah Palin. She almost certainly will beat Bob Kerrey for the old seat of Ben Nelson and give the GOP another seat in the Senate.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, surprised me last night. I'm fine with it though, either her or Bruning would be FAR better than Kickback Ben.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kerrey has the name recognition, and I suspect will have media support.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kerry is old news in one of the reddest red states, and will be swimming against a GOP tide that will see Obama lose the state by 20 points. But, yes, the media will swoon because he is that rare creature....an intelligent, articulate liberal who is also a war hero.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Strange the Politico article mentioned nothing about her being a tea party gal running in third place until Palin threw in with her.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
OUTSTANDING! Congratulations Nebraska!

Tea Party "movement" is still alive and on the march!!

Now, if UTAH will kick Orrin Hatch's worthless azz out of the senate!
wink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Kerrey is a flake of the highest order and MUCH worse than Kickback/Backstab Ben.

Kerrey will have a ton of $$ but I really do think Nebraskans are tired of the BS and will do the right thing and cut the cancer out of our system by electing Fischer.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
War hero now. I still remember the live-skinning he took from the media with a trumped up pack of lies about how he was involved in outright butchery.

I'll not even repeat the filth. Glad that media "tactic" has fallen out of favor.

*still burn, and it's been decades*

GO FISCHER!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by eyeball
She was a last place contender of the Tea Party until endorsed and campaigned for by Sarah Palin. She almost certainly will beat Bob Kerrey for the old seat of Ben Nelson and give the GOP another seat in the Senate.

Sarah �irrelevant� Palin seems to be on another winning streak with her endorsements. Hope it is a repeat of 2010. Ted Cruz in Texas is next.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Strange the Politico article mentioned nothing about her being a tea party gal running in third place until Palin threw in with her.

She wasn't the original T.E.A. party favorite, but yes, the eleventh hour endosrement by Palin had an undeniable effect.

*unique, for a proclaimed footnote of history*

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball

she didn't really run as "the tea party candidate".....here's a good rundown on the race from Jennifer Rubin:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hers-win/2012/05/16/gIQACOTTTU_blog.html

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sarah �irrelevant� Palin seems to be on another winning streak with her endorsements. Hope it is a repeat of 2010. Ted Cruz in Texas is next".

She should have kept her cute little butt out of Texas politics.We ain't done too shabby electionwise,and the last thing we need is another Harvard lawyer [Cruz] in the Senate.

Texas politics are FIXED.That's why the state works is because it's FIXED!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The point is simple. Middle America wants to see a change in Washington DC. At this point, no one is "irrelvant". kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steinberg and Bruning went negative on each other. That definitely helped Fischer.
At the end of the day I feel Kerry will win. This is Nebraska, after all.
P.S. If I'm wrong about this^ I'll be happy and gladly apologize for my prediction..... grin

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Middle America" can't seem to make up its' mind what it wants.If "Middle America" had joined with "Right America",we wouldn't have Obama in the WH.

Anytime you see Texans and Okies agreeing,you know it's RIGHT.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
N
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by kecatt
Steinberg and Bruning went negative on each other. That definitely helped Fischer.
P.S. If I'm wrong about this^ I'll be happy and gladly apologize for my prediction..... grin

Yeah, the mudslinging between Bruning & Stenberg was both "creepy" and "wierd", Fischer steared clear of it and it helped her.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Small steps but picking up substantive ground while doing so.

I'll take it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by kecatt

Yeah, the mudslinging between Bruning & Stenberg was both "creepy" and "wierd", Fischer steared clear of it and it helped her.

It sure wasn�t the money�

The Republican primary had been widely considered Bruning�s to lose. The attorney general reported raising $3.5 million, while Fischer hauled in a little less than $400,000 and Stenberg $700,000, according to Federal Election Commission filings.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If Cruz can withstand the Dewhurst RINO machine, more ground will be gained. When a lawyer is better than you, things are bad! cool

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,358
Posts18,527,128
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.