Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
They have a promo going on these right now; free shipping, up to $100 off (self-propelled model- $50 on others, and 6 month trial use offer.
I'm thinking we really need something like this for our farm. There's a lot of fence , corrals, outbuildings etc. on this small farm we purchased.
For those that have bought them or used them-

Are they easy to maneuver and use?

Do you recommend getting the self-propelled model (the most expensive, of course)?.

Are they really a big enough time/back saver when compared to a high quality string trimmer (I have an Echo that can use string or blade) to justify the purchase and cost?
Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim,
I bought a DR trimmer 10 years ago. They sent me a promotional offer to buy another. I did and gave the old one to Chris. It's the greatest weed eater ever designed by man. God has a better design in goats, cows, horses, etc. but you can't do better than a DR trimmer if it's made by man. wink

Don't get the self propelled. They are light and easily handled by even a small woman. Don't get the electric start either, they crank very easily. You'll never regret getting one.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My folks have one of the self-propelled brush mowers...The two slowest forward speeds are good/reasonable paces, the rest of the forward speeds are running after the machine. It works wonders for clearing

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanks for the replies guys!
I recently went through two endoscopic spine surgeries. Although the future looks much better than it used to, I'm still looking at things that can make maintenance here on the farm easier. I'm thinking the DR would fit that bill, not only for myself, but something the wife might be able to use as well. I love my Echo trimmer, but think I need something much more capable. The deal they have going on until the end of May can save us a few bucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Thanks for the replies guys!
I recently went through two endoscopic spine surgeries. Although the future looks much better than it used to, I'm still looking at things that can make maintenance here on the farm easier. I'm thinking the DR would fit that bill, not only for myself, but something the wife might be able to use as well. I love my Echo trimmer, but think I need something much more capable. The deal they have going on until the end of May can save us a few bucks.

Jump on it. You'll thank me for years. smile

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.