Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am very depressed today, bot even the trade for Steelheads' Huskie has given me a smile! many of you have read here that my Mom has been diagnosed with Cancer. She is 76. It is Stage 4, in the lungs, and in the blood too. I left a few minutes before 5 yesterday, and all of us (iI-laws, Wifey & Step-son) met for a belated Mothers Day dinner. Overall, Mom is doing very well, but you can tell that she is more 'frail'. She totters more when she walks, and her voice sounds a bit more hoarse. She tires out alot faster than she ever did before. she goes to the doc on Monday to see where she stands, cancer wise, and to see if she could take chemo, if the option is there. Between y'all & Me? I hope she chooses to simply be made comfortable, and get Hospice over to the house for the initial visits, but that is not what has me in a very somber mood today.

She had us come by, and handed us some items that she wants us to have before she is too weak to give them out. She handed K some jewelry. They were wedding/engagement rings from my Aunt, who passed away last year (she had no children). She handed me a little cedar box, and I opened it to find some old coins from when I was a boy. One was a tube of 1964 kennedy half-dollars. my uncle bought them for me on my fist B-Day. We went home and cried our eyes out.

This was a very somber mothers day, knowing that it would likely be the last, and I am in no good mood, I will tell you. Mom is saved and Jesus lives in her heart, I know it thru & thru. The pain of letting go is really for the living and I do take solace in that, I don't want her to suffer here. But it is a painful solace indeed.

Last edited by iambrb; 05/17/12.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your Mom is very keen in perception. VERY classy Lady. I'm sorry it has come to this point, but take your direction from your Mom. She seems to be at Peace with herself. Classy Lady indeed!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I will say a prayer for your mother and your family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, that is TOUGHT to take. Prayers sent, even though you did not ask.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My prayers for you, your Mom, and your family,

Enjoy every minute you can, for they are more precious than any other gifts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Even so, Lord Jesus COME!"

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will offer you prayers of strength and comfort Sir and peace & comfort for your Mom.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers from WV

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I understand the inner battle between knowing that all will be well with your mom and wishing that things didn't have to be the way that they are. As you are aware, there are things beyond our control, but at the same time the helplessness is painful. Talk with those close to you, find things to do to stay busy, and take the time to notice the beauty around you. Those things all help. Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your mom sounds like an amazing woman! Prayers sent

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sorry to hear of this.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No words, just prayers of strength for all of you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayer from Me and the Wife.

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It is all very sad. You blessed to have a Mother that you love so much. Hang in there. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With Jesus in her heart, there is nothing to worry about. My grandmother died of lung cancer about 4 years ago. She never was a godly woman until the last time Dad talked to her while she was layin on her death bed, and she told Dad that she had accepted the Lord as her savior. Just knowing that we will see her again one day made things SOOOOO much easier when the time came. Hug your Momma for me. Ill be prayin.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hug your Momma for me. Ill be prayin.

Same for me too, and spend as much time as you can with her, you will not regret it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can relate a bit to this one. Watched ALS take my mother after she beat cancer twice. So, I understand a bit about what you are facing. The best I can say of do for you and your family it pray and that is what I have done.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The strongest among us can still feel weak, at best, under circumstances like yours. Even when we know well the blessed assurance held by those close to us, the more we have loved them here, the harder it can be to simply let go. When our precious relationships are about to end, it can be difficult to remember how much more precious they will be when we join them again. You have my prayers for peace and strength of spirit in each passing day.

Last edited by CCCC; 05/16/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sorry to hear the news Hang in and give her the support she needs.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry, to hear this, We never know what is going to happand, out of the blue, 11 days ago I got a blood clot, 53, good health, a bit over weight, spent 6 days in the Hospital, looks like it maybe caused by something Iv had all my life, doing good now, hope to make a full recovery! but going to take time, unsure about a Job, $$$, or how things are going to go., just have to live, a day at a time, enjoy the time you have left with your mom, Im meeting mine for Breakfest in the moring. something a week ago I didnt think Id ever get to do again! take care Brother!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 204guy, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,775
Posts18,515,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.