Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
He seems to be having trouble gaining support to finish gutting the country..

http://freebeacon.com/544-0/

Y: Andrew Stiles - May 16, 2012 5:17 pm
House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan�s (R., Wis.) proposals to solve the country�s debt and deficit crisis continue to be far more popular with elected officials than those put forward by President Obama.

The Democratic-led Senate on Wednesday unanimously rejected the president�s fiscal year 2013 budget by final vote of 99-0. Sen. Mark Kirk (R., Ill.), who has been recovering from a stroke, did not vote; it is presumed he would have voted no.

The Senate last year voted down the president�s budget 97-0.

Not a single federal lawmaker has voted in favor of Obama�s budget proposals over the past two years. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office recently concluded that the president�s budget, if enacted, would have a negative impact on long-term economic growth.

Ryan�s proposals, which have twice passed the U.S. House of Representatives, have received a total of 544 affirmative votes, with 41 Senators voting �yes� on Wednesday. Last year, 40 Senators supported Ryan�s plan.

Ryan�s budget passed the House with 235 �yes� votes in 2011. In March, 228 lawmakers voted for his updated proposal. The House also considered Obama�s most recent budget, rejecting it 414-0.

Senate Democrats, meanwhile, have not proposed a budget in more than three years.

Prior to the vote on Wednesday, White House press secretary Jay Carney described it as �yet another gimmick.�

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Ryan budget was also voted down with the help of five Republicans.
As were four other Republican budgets all with some bipartisan support.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They see the handwriting on the wall and are distancing themselves from the coming train wreck he is headed for.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dem's don't want a budget...ever. If there is no budget, you can't break it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
From the quote in the OP;"if enacted, would have a negative impact on long term growth" ..No $--t Sherlock

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Storm warning red flags are flying in the Big O camp.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know Kirk (R-IL) *Rino of the worst order* had had a stroke.

I wish him a full, and speedy trip back to health!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
With all the debt and deficit issues we have, why do:

1) Hospital associations testify before Congress claiming dire consequences if Medicare budgets are cut.
2) Medical associations testify before congress of horrible things if Medicaid/Medicare budgets are cut.
3) AARP testifies before Congress of the unspeakable consequences if Social Security is cut.
4) Defense contractors testify before Congress of massive unemployment resulting from layoffs if the defense budget is cut.
5) etc.

And yet, we are spending $1 billion additional dollars (in addition to the billions we normally spend) to help Israel develop new missile systems. see: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2012/05/16/gIQAJhikUU_story.html

Where will it end?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because everybody wants to see a greatly reduced deficit but not at the expense of getting their particular ox gored.

As to the question about Israel, it's because we have a very powerful, wealthy, and well connected pro-Israel community.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think king hussein has any intention of limiting his spending by being tied to a budget.

Sam......

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

99 to zip?

Isn't this the third time in as many years this has happened?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mako25

...and an even speedier trip to retirement.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Has this vote down ever occurred to any other sitting president?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't think king hussein has any intention of limiting his spending by being tied to a budget.

Thank you Sam. I was beginning to think my keyboard was muted. Dem's don't want it and Rep's can't do anything about it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rep's can't do anything about it.

But,they can.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Because everybody wants to see a greatly reduced deficit but not at the expense of getting their particular ox gored.

As to the question about Israel, it's because we have a very powerful, wealthy, and well connected pro-Israel community.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Democratic-led Senate on Wednesday unanimously rejected the president�s fiscal year 2013 budget by final vote of 99-0.

What a bunch of idiots. How does one not loathe these people?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RISJR
Rep's can't do anything about it.

But,they can.

Other than vote "no", what can they do?

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Originally Posted by Mako25

...and an even speedier trip to retirement.

While Kirk was not even close to being my first choice for Senator, he was doing a surprisingly good job.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
With all the debt and deficit issues we have, why do:

1) Hospital associations testify before Congress claiming dire consequences if Medicare budgets are cut.
2) Medical associations testify before congress of horrible things if Medicaid/Medicare budgets are cut.
3) AARP testifies before Congress of the unspeakable consequences if Social Security is cut.
4) Defense contractors testify before Congress of massive unemployment resulting from layoffs if the defense budget is cut.
5) etc.

And yet, we are spending $1 billion additional dollars (in addition to the billions we normally spend) to help Israel develop new missile systems. see: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2012/05/16/gIQAJhikUU_story.html

Where will it end?

We live in a Fascist State and have since the early 1900's when the national government chose and We the People drank the kool aid and left the Capitalist State behind.

Now we are caught between a rock and a hard place. If we reduce spending by a serious amount there will be a Great Depression. If we continue business as usual there will be a Great Depression.

In other words, the patient is on life support and not expected to live.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,128
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.