-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Identify the aircraft in this video. It looks like a bunch of old American and French stuff. That would seem to make it late 70's stuff.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thought at first it might be the F101 Voodoo, but that's not it.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
betya Iseral wins grinthey have a much higher power on their side

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
F-5's, Cobra gun ships, C-130's, CH-53's

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Naw, Israel is running F-15s and F-16s, and they'll mop up those Miglets pretty quick, just like they've done against all the other Arab Miglets.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The picture on the title page is the Northrop F-5 Freedom Fighter or Tiger, depending on the configuration. They were sold to the Shah of Iran in the 1970s. They also have a few F-14's, F-4's and some MiG 27s and MiG 29s from the Ruskies as well as more recent Chinese fighters which are reverse engineered MiG-17s and MiG 21s.

The MiG 29s are good planes and the Isreali F-15s, the likely long distance strike aircraft, will be challenged by them. F-15's shot down four MiG-29s in the first Gulf War, but Iraqi pilots were poorly trained.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/15/12.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The F-5 is a pretty good little aircraft in the right hands. Fast and nimble, it's no slouch.

`Bring Enough Gun`
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw:

AH-1s, UH-1s, CH-47s, H-3s, C-130s,F-5s, F-4s, MiG-29, I think a Viggen, and a few other antiquated items.

The MiG-29 is a great medium/light fighter but I doubt the training is that great. Besides, I don't believe any country using the F-15 has lost one in air-to-air combat. The F-15 is faster and has a greater standoff range.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Since Iran has zero refinery capability i wonder what their fuel reserves are?

How many days of flight ops can they maintain?

None of those a/c run on batteries or wind or solar.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
Since Iran has zero refinery capability i wonder what their fuel reserves are?

How many days of flight ops can they maintain?

None of those a/c run on batteries or wind or solar.

They may be planning on just flying em one way.... crazy

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Iran's stuff is old, not well maintained and pilots poorly trained with few hours a year in the seat. The Israelis� pilots are hoping they come up and fight instead of fight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blairvt
Iran's stuff is old, not well maintained and pilots poorly trained with few hours a year in the seat. The Israelis� pilots are hoping they come up and fight instead of fight.

I'm sure you meant something there.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bell 212 Hueys, MiG-29s, F5s, F4 Phantoms, CH47s, Jamaran frigate, T72M1s, Noor S-S missile, Sina class missile boat, AH-1J Sea Cobras, HM-20 MLRS, T72S with ERA, Westland Sea Kings, ZU-23-2, Fadjr-3 MLRS, Mirage F1BQ, C-130 Herc, C-14 China Cat (I think) and a 107mm MLRS.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old 1960's and 70's crap, I would guess the radio's are about as old. It might take all of a day maybe for the Israeli Air force to crush the Iranian Air Force if that. What the Iranians don't understand was that they lost a war with a duffs like Saddam. The men who run the IDF and the IAF are not stupid, they are some of the sharpest operators on the block, Even the USAF would have a hard time of it going against them. For the simple reason of all, we loose a fight, no problem we will get over it in time, the Israelis loose a fight, they loose the country. Ever wonder why these turds say they can crush Israel anytime, don't? Because they can't and they know it, its one thing to post junk on you tube its another thing to go pick a fight with a Nation that could wipe Iran out in twenty minutes if they wanted to, but that Nation is a civilized one that has no quarrel with the Iranian People. The Same can't be said of the current leadership in Iran. Sort of like what happened after 9/11 the turds though hey we can do what ever it is we want and the Americans will not fight they depended on Us not to fight. They guessed wrong. The one thing our lack luster President has done that I like is his ruthlessness in going after them. That too is surprise to many, to me and to the sorrow of the enemy who thought they would get off the hook. Nope they just get dead.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Only one I could pick out was the C-130 (E Model). If memory serves me, I think 62000 lbs of JP4? Somebody correct me if wrong because that after all was the 60s-70s. Memory not so good.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whoever made that "video" is an illiterate, ignorant idiot.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Even stuff of that vintage has been scrapped that had served with Guard and Reserve units...

Plus one does not know the age of that video... more of this stuff is grounded due to lack of parts, than is air worthy...

What pisses me off is that these Muslims have this equipment in their hands, period...that is why it is important that the Pentagon and White House know who they are giving this stuff to and what they would do about it if it got into the wrong hands...

Egypt has Abrams Tanks in their arsenal... how stupid is that?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Damn idiot

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not like the IDF is exactly bristling with the latest SOTA warfighting hardware. They kept T-54/55, M-48 and M-60A1 tanks in service until the latter oughties. The first two were developed pre-Vietnam.

But the Israelis are very shrewd about keeping the old hardware combat effective. And modifying what has been sold to them by the west or captured from their adversaries so that it suits their peculiar needs. They do not fight to demonstrate their fearlessness, to make public display of their faith that their g-d will keep them safe. They fight in the certain knowledge that every next war could be the end of, not just their nation, but their people.

It's like the story of the fox who bragged he was the fastest animal in the forest. But when he couldn't manage to catch a rabbit, his explanation was, "Well, I was just running for sport. He was running for his life."

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F-15 has never lost an air combat engagement. It's a little long in the tooth these days and some of the new commie stuff may give it a run for its money. No matter what, you have to make the assumption that the Israelis are much better trained and equipped than the Iranians. Air superiority should be theirs unless the commie ground-to-air stuff they got from Russia is as good as they claim it is.

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 57 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.