-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We've got a 20-something year old wrongful murder conviction (guy was recently cleared by DNA testing) being slung around by everybody here.

The DA, who had nothing to do with the original conviction is getting drug through the mud by the CA because he originally protested the DNA testing that cleared the innocent guy. But turns out the CA supported and represented to DA through all the DNA testing drama. Now the CA, a certifiable drama queen who's in the middle of suing the county over something else, is running for DA.

For CA we've got a democrat running in the republican primary who's some kind of computer nerd with a law degree.

We're getting fliers and rebuttal fliers in the mail daily.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
See, I TOLD you that G'town is too close to Austin! Might as well just annex it and call it good. grin

You have my sympathy. Here it's the same old "old guys" running against each other, trying to keep their misdeeds low profile while touting what great guys they are.

So far, the annual Republican Party meltdown hasn't happened, so maybe things are looking up.

For the first time in several elections, the Sheriff is facing some real competition, not because of the caliber of his opponent, but because of the caliber of his employees. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In Austin we have a trans-gender thang runnin' for mayor. It's already been on the city council. I gave up on city politics several years ago.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our Sheriff's race is a joke here, two viable candidates but the one is 66 and a past sheriff of little substance. A couple of knuckle heads that mud sling, pass off rumor and innuendo as truth and generally act like tinfoil hat jerks. Some of this crew have even heckled another candidates wives at a function and claim their "boy" was instrumental in catching a killer even though the family has repeatedly asks them to stop telling the falsehood.

But the best man is being low key, honest and running on his considerable accomplishments and long term service with the dept.

The one group, and I call it a group because the actual candidate is a mere sock puppet of the backers that don't qualify to run a dog pound let alone a Sheriffs Dept. in fact one was fired from the position of jail commander for malfeasance in office and creating a hostile work environment.

Ah politics, it really sucks and is why I never would run for any office when asked.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in Wisconsin. You want election drama? We got election drama.

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got two Steve Smiths running for two different judicial offices. So we got counter election adds trying to keep every body informed which Steve Smith is running for which office and which one is not that Steve Smith. grin

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our local DA is up for disbarment from The CA Bar Association - does that count?

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We dont have elections round here. Settle matters with fisticuffs.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't know about much in the way of election drama, but we never lack for local drama. The dust still hasn't settled on Casey Anthony, and we get the Trayvon BS. Always something here in Florida.....my grandfather always said that the "Yankees" ruined the North, and they'd ruin the South before it was over; damned if he wasn't right. This place has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If da nort didn't ruin da south, da south woulda did a fine job for us! Snicker!

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
We got drama and signs all over lots a signs. My favorite is.

Recall Santa- I didn't get what I wanted.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ihookem
If da nort didn't ruin da south, da south woulda did a fine job for us! Snicker!

I think his reference to Yankees was directed towards the Northeast.......could be wrong. Need to brush up on your Southern Accent.. grin

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Only drama here last week was that you had to declare whether you were RePub or Demo. My answer was United States Veteran. Little old ladies at polling place were NOT amused.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
DDDDRRRRRAAAMMMMAA here in Wisconsin. Walker, Barritt debates just ended.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My father in law was mayor of Coon Rapids, Mn. when Jesse "The Body" Ventura was mayor of Champlin. They sat on some committees together, and when Jesse didn't get his way on a vote on somthing, he'd want to go out back and settle it mano-a-mano.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The Democrats are changing over to Republicans every other day here in Mississippi. Obamas stance on gay marriage has prompted several local officials across the state to swap parties just in the last week.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gov. Scott is trying to weed out fraudulent voters here in Fla.
The DOJ has told him to stop, he says he won't.

We'll see howw it shakes out

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The church where I vote burned down day before yesterday. I hope they find us a new place before November. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The new dramas here are Republicans going after other Republicans that voted in our "shall" CCPs for not being 2A enough. Ditto on some other anti-abortion Republicans for also not being anti-enough. Gulf widening seems to be the rage here.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.