Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAS
Great post and agree.

Though smoking right by a gas tank on a small boat in an ice cold lake with no life jacket on.....is kind of a bad recipe I think.

Where's you since of adventure?

Kamo, nice pictures

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Upper Connecticut River methinks, a few years back me and the missus and the dogs went as far as Lake No.5 (???) looking fer warblers and moose, seen both cool

Only worrisome part was that little town right on the border where the border makes a right angle turn from east-west to north-south, we was worried we'd stray into Canada with our firearms without knowing it.

Great pics, as usual.

Birwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L, come on man crickets!!! Really? gross.

Other than that, simply awesome photos as always. My best to you and your family!

Matt

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great post.

May I ask: where is the general store in the pic?

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great pics.

Did the salt&vinegar or sour cream cricketts catch the most fish?

Everything else made me hungry.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Jayzuz, what a bunch of Marys we have here. You'd think a grown ass man, especially the type who make their own groceries in the field wouldn't screech at the thought of munching a few fried bugs. wink smile

That all said, I bought them for the gag factor, gifting one box each to my wife and mom. Mom shrieked and swung a palm at my head when she saw the main ingredient. Wife, who has enjoyed a few deep fried locusts and other bugs in Japan and other countries, took opportunity to slyly steal mom's box. wink Both are now at home. I hear they go great with a stout. I'll report back. Maybe. Thought I suspect it'll be insect snack time after a bout of whisky tumblers, not a pint of brew.

Thanks for the comments. A few more pics to follow.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Ha.....How many tries did it take to get this shot correctly..?

Great pics....

Two words: burst mode.

wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leighton - as always, very well done! Thank you.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

Ha.....How many tries did it take to get this shot correctly..?

Great pics....

Two words: burst mode.

wink

Man, that is one well-built bridge to handle that load. laugh

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bobelk99
Great post.

May I ask: where is the general store in the pic?

It's not a general store. It's an antique shop type deal. The wife and I really enjoy going through their wares. We walked away with a few more treasures for our collection.

A few pics from there I took inside. One could spend hour upon hour there. Way cool stuff.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/GNW%20Hondas%20trip%202012/IMG_2858.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/GNW%20Hondas%20trip%202012/IMG_2857.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/GNW%20Hondas%20trip%202012/IMG_2856.jpg[/img]

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
L,

Is that shop on Rt. 3 by any chance?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If my wife stepped in there I just as well find a three hour movie somewhere! grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by NH K9
L,

Is that shop on Rt. 3 by any chance?

George

I was hoping you'd be chiming in at some point. wink

And yes, it's where you think, bud. Da Potayta' Bahn. Good call.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I sold some of my old schit there while in college. The farm out behind used to belong to a girl I graduated with.

I guarantee you drove right by my old house (my parent's place) if you came down from Pitts. You probably wouldn't pick up on the old Historical Society building right by the cemetary, but it's less than half a mile south.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
While waiting for the warden to spend some more of our dough I walked out back. Train tracks behind the building, and then a field that I believe had a soccer pitch on it, but I may be crazy.

We stayed in Pitts (Lopstick), so yes, drove by your old digs. You're a lucky man, having grown up in that area. I've been going for almost 30 years, and grow fonder of the area every time. Got some nice brookies in the river, some 'bows and lakers in both 3rd and 2nd. Didn't have time to try 1st or Francis. Five days flew by, but we'll be back. Have rods, will travel.

wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding thread Leighton!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Groveton is, basically, a ghost town since the mill closed. I need to get home, though, as it's been too long. I have to go pick up my camper in Lancaster and will probably slide north to see what the old place looks like after two years.

I'll be taking the wife and boy up to Pittsburg in late August. We'll camp, fish and hit the Lancaster Fair. My preference is with Francis, but only based on nostalgia.

George

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thanks, EH and all. This was an important milestone for me, as I managed to get my brother into his first trout ever, and Mrs. KG's first lake trout.

[Linked Image]

Also got my parents into my beloved north country after many long years. My folks got me started down the path of being a outdoorsman/fisherman/nature lover at a young age, introducing us to camping when we were very small. I am deeply grateful that even as big city dwellers, they had the insight to get us out to places where the city lost its grip over us. And vice versa, perhaps...

I remember camping with them when my brother and I were so small my old man used to use his trusty army shovel to dig a hole that he'd then hold us over to do our business. I was around two-ish.

They'd not been up into northern NH for some 35 years, and to see their eyes light up at the beauty of the place, and the gasps at moose at almost halitosis distances, well, my heart was truly swelled up and at ease. Unfortunately, I think their days of camping out are over, so I rented a cabin for them to be comfortable, and it was the right call.

I plan to make it something of an annual thing. Spend time with your family, y'all. They--and we--won't be around forever.

Cheers.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 05/26/12.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 7 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,952
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.