Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I had some quiet time today and I was pondering what the scriptures say about tattoos myself.

Travis

God commanded the Israelites not to mark their bodies. He expected them to be the examples to the rest of the world.

I figure that if God was agi'n it there must have been a good reason and that's good enough for me.

Personal preference: I think they are hideous. I think no more or less of a person who has them.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both of my folks have tatoos.

Denotes their blood types.. They got them while in high school in the early 50's, and people figured the Soviets were sure to atom bomb the chit outta Gary, Indiana.

I'm sure god's head is spinning with that one..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God commanded the Israelites to not eat pork, shell fish or work/recreate on Sundays not to mention to only have sex for procreation. As well as hundreds of other rules.

When the topic of tatoos starts up I just recommend to really make sure you really want it. And make sure you can easily cover it/them up to avoid the bigotry. Or don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

You owe me a new screen.

Travis

I knew what you meant, even if some may get confused. And stop licking; it's only a pic.

Please do not tell me what to do with my holiday weekend sir.

Travis

Roger that. Do you have a flavor preference when it comes to Clorox wipes? Perhaps I can send you some - (just in case you decide to let someone else taste your screen). sick

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No preference. Thanks for the courtesy though.

May the Lord bless your evening,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rogue
God commanded the Israelites to not eat pork, shell fish or work/recreate on Sundays not to mention to only have sex for procreation. As well as hundreds of other rules.

When the topic of tatoos starts up I just recommend to really make sure you really want it. And make sure you can easily cover it/them up to avoid the bigotry. Or don't.

I usually tell people to think about what they want, write it down and put it away for a year. At the end of the year get it out and if you still want it get it drawn then put the drawing away for a year, at the end of that year if they still like the drawing and want the tattoo then go find a good artist to put it on. Not some back yard scratcher who thinks he's a good artist but a professional, get them to show you pictures of their work and ask if they have phone numbers of former customers you can contact.
The worst thing you can do is let your girlfriend, cousin, school buddy etc practice on you cause "I wanna be a tattooist and I bought me a tattoo gun on the innernet"
The second worst thing you can do is walk into a tattoo shop and decide you want a tattoo so I'll have ummmmmmmmm that one on the wall there. Drunk or sober that is a stupid thing to do.
The third worst is "I wanna get me a tattoo cause my buddy got one"

The original international turd
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by NZ_Girl
Just because we like Body Art it doesn't make us any less than any of you.. Don't judge people just because they have ink in their skin.. Did your parents never teach you that assumption is the mother of all stuff up's in this world.
Prime example...

Totally agree. Why on earth would anyone assume that these good folks are anything but your average joe. I bet one of them's a CEO. Or a no-good, drug addled cretin who hasn't the sense of a GD sack of potatoes, and has effectively ruined every hint of a chance they've had at getting anywhere in life by letting the world know they're incapable of making sensible decisions. One or the other, anyway...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

wink

I have no ink, but have many friends who do. Virtually every one regrets them, and go to lengths today, as working adults, to hide them or have them removed. Not all, mind, but most. I've nothing against ink, but don't try to convince me that many who get inked up are as likely to be professionals as shytbums. At some point, real life comes into play on these deals, lass.

Welcome, BTW.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Just because we like Body Art it doesn't make us any less than any of you.. Don't judge people just because they have ink in their skin.. Did your parents never teach you that assumption is the mother of all stuff up's in this world.
Prime example...

Totally agree. Why on earth would anyone assume that these good folks are anything but your average joe. I bet one of them's a CEO. Or a no-good, drug addled cretin who hasn't the sense of a GD sack of potatoes, and has effectively ruined every hint of a chance they've had at getting anywhere in life by letting the world know they're incapable of making sensible decisions. One or the other, anyway...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

wink

I have no ink, but have many friends who do. Virtually every one regrets them, and go to lengths today, as working adults, to hide them or have them removed. Not all, mind, but most. I've nothing against ink, but don't try to convince me that many who get inked up are as likely to be professionals as shytbums. At some point, real life comes into play on these deals, lass.

Welcome, BTW.

http://all-about-art63.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/marisa-kakoulas-formerly-marisa.html

http://artnbody.typepad.com/artnbody/2006/12/buffalo_fights_.html

http://www.lifelounge.com.au/resources/IMGDETAIL/INKED_DETAIL.jpg

There's three examples I found in just a few minutes of googling.
My lawyer has tattoos and is one of the most respected lawyers in the North Island.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm not talking about the exceptions, friend. What percentage of successful attorneys have ink, I wonder? As many as another group, like, I dunno', a prison population, you think?

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Prime example...

Welcome, BTW.

I'm a professional, who own's my own business and I don't think anyone of my client's even know I've got tattoo's.

IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I'm not talking about the exceptions, friend. What percentage of successful attorneys have ink, I wonder? As many as another group, like, I dunno', a prison population, you think?

Come over to New Zealand and you will find that at least 85% of them have a tattoo or 2. Just like CEO's etc etc

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I work with several ADA's in our DA's office, I was kinda surprised actually how many had a tattoo.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I'm a professional, who own's my own business and I don't think anyone of my client's even know I've got tattoo's.

And why is it that you choose not to show clients?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Come over to New Zealand and you will find that at least 85% of them have a tattoo or 2. Just like CEO's etc etc

85%, huh? Are you talking about Maori, or the entire population of NZ?

Here are a few numbers/stats (US)

Tattoo Statistics
Statistic Verification
Source: Pew Research Center, Tattoo Finder, Vanishing Tattoo
Date Verified: 3.23.2012
Tattoo Statistics
Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos $1.65 Billion
Total percent of Americans (all ages) who have at least one tattoo 14 %
Percentage of U.S. adults 18 � 25 who have at least one tattoo 36 %
Percentage of U.S. adults 26 � 40 who have at least one tattoo 40 %
Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo 45 million
Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. 21,000
Average cost of a small tattoo $ 45
Average cost of a large tattoo $150 / hour
Percentage of U.S. population who have covered up a tattoo with another tattoo 5 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who claim they are addicted to ink 32 %
Percentage of people who have some regret after getting their tattoo 17 %
Percentage of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed 11 %
Factors Considered When Getting A Tattoo
Percentage of people with tattoos who think the reputation of tattoo artist or tattoo studio is the most important factor 49 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who think price is the most important factor 8 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who think a tattoo with a personal meaning is the most important factor 43 %
How People Feel About Their Tattoo
Total percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel rebellious 29 %
Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy 31 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel more intelligent 5 %

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
This thread is useless without some pics of hot girls with tats... whistle

There's no such thing.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by LBP

There's no such thing.

I disagree...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by LBP

There's no such thing.

I disagree...

I do too. Plenty of gorgeous women with ink out there. To me, any ink detracts from their beauty, however, rather than enhances. But vive la difference.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

And why is it that you choose not to show clients?

Well for starters I don't wear backless clothing and second of all my tattoo's are covered by my normal everyday clothes..it's not a matter of deliberately hiding them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What percentage of successful attorneys have ink, I wonder?

You'll find the percentage is higher than you think as compared with any other lawful occupation.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,901
Posts18,518,483
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.