Print Thread
Hop To
M
Metplat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I am trying to understand the strategy on the left in the run up to the next election.

How do they gain by trying to start a race war, or a class war, or a church burning war?

I honestly don't get it. These miscreants are not dumb.

As I see it the right gets just as radicalized as the left. They call it backlash. Does the left assume that we don't get pissed just as well as them?

The bare naked marxist tactic is to push pull push pull into total anarchy so the strong man can take over and the people will welcome their own enslavement for the sake of "security"

I don't see that playing out in the next six months. I would assume they would play it cool in hopes of a second term when they could really start to crucify us.

They would be way ahead if they coddled, seduced and patronized the right rather than enflame them with burning anger.

I don't get it. Honestly.

7mm 7mm 7mm
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Currently the Democratic base is apathetic and the independent voter is unhappy with Obama failing to deliver on his promises. The whole radicalization process is designed to electrify the base and get them out to vote in November. It is also designed to convince the independent voter that the Republican beliefs are too far outside the mainstream and they would be better off to vote Democratic.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Metplat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
What you say makes a great deal of sense. I guess it just never crossed my mind since I assume the left wing base is always radicalized and extreme. But that assumption is just that; an assumption. I have NO feel for the pulse of that community.

If the dynamic you describe is really the belief of the folks a runnin it could get a bit more ugly before it gets better.

Last weekend a crowd of folks with nothing better to do tried to burn down a Baptist Church in Maiden NC. I assume they are trying to provoke a horrible backlash. I am glad nobody took the bait.

Last edited by Metplat; 05/29/12.

7mm 7mm 7mm
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They really have nothing else to run on. Hope and change? Tried that, it can only work once.

I killed Osama and saved Detroit? Hard to argue with it.

My record? What record?

The only thing left is to incite the fringe and smear the opponent. There really is just no viable platform for the Libs to stand on except " dear god, don't let them get control of the white house! They will be even worse than us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It just depends how far into conspiracy theories you want to get. Routinely, many of us here call Democrats "commies". It was kind of a joke even during Clinton's tenure. But now, with Obama? The guy clearly isn't legally qualified to hold office, yet he does. He probably was born in a foreign country. He really is a Marxist. He attended a Church where the preacher damned America. He was a black activist. There's a good possibility he is a Muslim. If the war on terror is real in any way, it is a war against radical Islam and all Islam is radical.

All that said, I thought the talk of Obama declaring martial law using some made-up pretext was just so much bs. However, look at the facts in the above paragraph. I thought there were simply too many people in government to ever let it happen. Well, a guy who isn't legally qualified is in the highest office in our land. If you accept that then martial law over some trumped up horse shixt is pretty easy to accept.

If the Government can get the Left to push the Right into coming after them physically, it will be an excuse for Obama to declare martial law and postpone the elections. If their side is desperate enough, they might do it. Lots of stuff has come to light recently. Who knows what crap the Dems might pull to stay in power.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Currently the Democratic base is apathetic and the independent voter is unhappy with Obama failing to deliver on his promises. The whole radicalization process is designed to electrify the base and get them out to vote in November. It is also designed to convince the independent voter that the Republican beliefs are too far outside the mainstream and they would be better off to vote Democratic.

Apathy works both ways. Lots of folks in the middle don't think voting makes a difference and the more obnoxious politics become, the less likely they are to care.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Besides mentioned thus far add spoiled children in tantrum mode and death throes. Running scared, the fear of loss has 'em in a panic mode tizzy clouding judgement and overruling logic. (as though libs ever demonstrate logic...)

Summed all up the result is they're shooting themselves in the foot.
I still think it's funny. Reminds me of an ant filled log on the fire, ants running crazy in and out the hole over and over. Chickens with heads cut off. etc.

As I've been saying for months, just enjoy the show smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
It's all smoke and mirrors to keep our attention diverted from the real problems.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just look at they did with the TM/GZ case. Lie and manufacture evidence about how GZ is a racists who hunted down and murdered poor little 12 year old TN. The insane charges of murder against GZ which will be dropped after the elections. All lies designed to scare blacks into supporting their savior present Obama.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It just depends how far into conspiracy theories you want to get. Routinely, many of us here call Democrats "commies". It was kind of a joke even during Clinton's tenure. But now, with Obama? The guy clearly isn't legally qualified to hold office, yet he does. He probably was born in a foreign country. He really is a Marxist. He attended a Church where the preacher damned America. He was a black activist. There's a good possibility he is a Muslim. If the war on terror is real in any way, it is a war against radical Islam and all Islam is radical.

All that said, I thought the talk of Obama declaring martial law using some made-up pretext was just so much bs. However, look at the facts in the above paragraph. I thought there were simply too many people in government to ever let it happen. Well, a guy who isn't legally qualified is in the highest office in our land. If you accept that then martial law over some trumped up horse shixt is pretty easy to accept.

If the Government can get the Left to push the Right into coming after them physically, it will be an excuse for Obama to declare martial law and postpone the elections. If their side is desperate enough, they might do it. Lots of stuff has come to light recently. Who knows what crap the Dems might pull to stay in power.

What you say makes good sense.

There once upon a time was this Austrian corporal who took over a powerful nation in Europe who probably should not have been able to do so.

The parallel between our country and that far off European country is almost unbelievable.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
2012 Presidential Ballot
___ D Barack Obama / Biden Hillary
___ R Mitt McRomney / The Donald (why not? what have ya got to loose?)
_X_ Dead Cat / A Fur Ball

Mitt isn't my first choice as President, but he is a million times better than the alternative. Present Obama has promised "fundamental change" that means the destruction of our country so he can build a progressive fascist paradise like in the USSR, Cuba and Nazi Germany. Voting for a Dead Cat will help that evil win reelection which would be a disaster for out country.

Last edited by ConradCA; 05/29/12.

[Linked Image from ]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You know, the Bible clearly shows a parallel. In the OT, Joseph had the Egyptian government buy up all the excess grain in the 7 good years. In the 7 bad years that followed. People had to pay the government for food. When they ran out of money they gave their horses, cows, and land to the government for food. Then they became slaves to Pharoah.

The more dependent people become of government, the more they loose their freedoms. Democrats don't realise that they are creating a dependent society, that is becoming slave to the government. When a power hungry dictator is elected, he will eventually do away with the constitution, and thus our freedoms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Democrats don't realise that they are creating a dependent society, that is becoming slave to the government.

Your mistaken. Democrats do realize it and that is the whole point of it.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
2012 Presidential Ballot
___ D Barack Obama / Biden Hillary
___ R Mitt McRomney / The Donald (why not? what have ya got to loose?)
_X_ Dead Cat / A Fur Ball

Mitt isn't my first choice as President, but he is a million times better than the alternative. Present Obama has promised "fundamental change" that means the destruction of our country so he can build a progressive fascist paradise like in the USSR, Cuba and Nazi Germany. Voting for a Dead Cat will help that evil win reelection which would be a disaster for out country.

I know, C.
I'm waiting until McRrrrromney picks his VP running mate, then I'll change my vote.... and I might even get excited about it.

Well, I'll at least change my ballot... smile

I think he should copy-cat my dead cat and get himself a nice fur ball, even though my cat thought of it first.
Smart cat, that.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,827
Posts18,516,845
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.