Print Thread
Hop To
S
SLDUCK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
i see you can get a 7x57 in the cz 550 american. thoughts?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes. Get one and tell us about it. Should be a winner.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've never owned one but have done research because I like their rimfires.The 550 seems to be made well though it is a little old school heavy.It may require minor tweaking to smooth the action.The bolt lift is a bit high so needs higher rings for scope clearence.There are folks who do modifications to fix the bolt clearence.

It looks to be a fine rifle if you don't need lightweight and don't mind tweaking.

F
F
The Montana Rifle is similar to the CZ, is around the same price, weighs around high 6's to low 7lbs, and is accurate. I really like them and probably won't buy anything but, unless I find a steal of a deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by freddiemerc
The Montana Rifle is similar to the CZ, is around the same price, weighs around high 6's to low 7lbs, and is accurate. I really like them and probably won't buy anything but, unless I find a steal of a deal.

The only negative about the CZ is the weight.....apart from that they are great!

Gus

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I didn't see anything on CZ's website or catalog? Cuz if they are making it, one just might end up in the safe.

I don't think you can get any 'low' rings but the Warne Medium rings are 0.425 and clear a 3-9x40 Leupold just fine on my 550.

He went over yonder way
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Man guys, I'm loving my 9.3x62 CZ 550 american. It is the same length action as the 06 and I'm going to have to weigh it just to see what gives.....I like ruger m77's and winchester model 70's so take what I say knowing I'm a CRF slut..... grin.....Here's mine, I just put a burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle scope on it today....:

[Linked Image]

I like it so much that I'm thinking of getting rid of some of the dead weight that sits in the safe whistle.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
BSA
That's a really good looking rig.Now you are making me want one of thoes heavy SOB's.

There is something about a solid,well made rifle,no matter what it weighs.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
BSA
That's a really good looking rig.Now you are making me want one of thoes heavy SOB's.

There is something about a solid,well made rifle,no matter what it weighs.

That's funny.....9 pounds on the money too with the heavy azzed burris FFII scope on it..... grin Alright with me though as it takes some of the kick out of the 9.3.... grin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wouldn't want a 6 pound 9.3x62.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RE; a 6lb 9.3x62 is called a "loaner" ...:)

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by verhoositz
RE; a 6lb 9.3x62 is called a "loaner" ...:)

Yeah, but then you wouldn't have any friends afterwards either..... eek grin

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I wouldn't want a 6 pound 9.3x62.

Nope, I'm not complaining grin

BSA MAGA
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
i see you can get a 7x57 in the cz 550 american. thoughts?

Sounds like all a guy might need. I would gladly settle for one.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Man guys, I'm loving my 9.3x62 CZ 550 american. It is the same length action as the 06 and I'm going to have to weigh it just to see what gives.....I like ruger m77's and winchester model 70's so take what I say knowing I'm a CRF slut..... grin.....Here's mine, I just put a burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle scope on it today....:

[Linked Image]

I like it so much that I'm thinking of getting rid of some of the dead weight that sits in the safe whistle.....

Keep it up and you'll turn into a CZ slut like me. I've already got 3 three and would gladly add more. grin

He went over yonder way
D
DMW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

You are being to generic. It's true that the short lived CZ Model 3 is similar to the Montana action because it actually did use the Montana action. The CZ 550 series is a different beast.

I have a 550 American in .30-06 and while it's certainly no lightweight, it shoulders, handles & shoots good. In mine, the first 3 shots tend to cloverleaf, but groups open slightly with the 4th & 5th rounds because the barrel heats up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

DW

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DMW

You are being to generic. It's true that the short lived CZ Model 3 is similar to the Montana action because it actually did use the Montana action. The CZ 550 series is a different beast.

I have a 550 American in .30-06 and while it's certainly no lightweight, it shoulders, handles & shoots good. In mine, the first 3 shots tend to cloverleaf, but groups open slightly with the 4th & 5th rounds because the barrel heats up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

DW

Great pics. That should help....

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

Keep it up and you'll turn into a CZ slut like me. I've already got 3 three and would gladly add more. grin

grin cool

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.