Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I should have known you would have trouble with that post. It goes well beyond your interpretation of how you think free markets work. You seem to read a lot, but have difficulty putting it into practice.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Longbob
I should have known you would have trouble with that post. It goes well beyond your interpretation of how you think free markets work. You seem to read a lot, but have difficulty putting it into practice.
???

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Precious metals are a commodity and will seek a "fail value" levels. On the-other hand, the WSJ's MarketWatch site headlines:"Spain's yields push higher; Risk-averse investors turn to U.S. Treasurys, the dollar" see: http://www.marketwatch.com/?link=MW_Nav_FP

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
U.S. FRNs are surging a bit now because investors are seeking a refuge for the wealth they have stored in the dropping Euro.

But in reality, a weak Euro doesn't change the fundamentals which caused the buying power of the dollar to fall.

The U.S. government can only continue to function by increasing its debt.

Every time a boomer retires, the fundamentals for PM's get better,...and 75 million of them will be retiring over the next 15 years, or so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"What Will Be The Bottom Of The Precious Metals "

Very difficult to predict, that.
But if history is any indication, and we can bet it is, the bottom value of the US Dollar will someday be the same as every other currency man has ever created.

zero.

The question we should ponder is when.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
TRH, I found a new place for you right here in north Idaho.

http://www.northidaholandman.com/rubycreek.html

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you use the last gold bubble as an example, gold rose to 800 an ounce in 1980 but fell to $300 an ounce four years later. Keeping the same ratio using gold's $2000 high water mark would give us $750 gold, which I believe is a realistic price target provided we begin a robust economic expansion sometime over the next two years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Things are darker than you think

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible predicted that people would throw their gold in the streets because it became worthless. That actually happened during the siege of Jerusalem in 70AD. Quite likely it will happen again.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
...traders have flocked to the U.S. dollar as a safe haven.

I honestly never thought I would hear those words.
Thats a statment that should strike mortal terror.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RISJR: I saw that Oil was down $3.10 today?
And Gold was up $16.70?
Gold has been "interesting" to watch over the last 100 years - has it not?
I wish I had bought it at $16.00 (U.S.) per ounce!
If hussein obama is re-elected Gold will indeed soar again - that may occur about 6 months from now?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by walt501
If you use the last gold bubble as an example, gold rose to 800 an ounce in 1980 but fell to $300 an ounce four years later. Keeping the same ratio using gold's $2000 high water mark would give us $750 gold, which I believe is a realistic price target provided we begin a robust economic expansion sometime over the next two years.
The FRN price of gold was driven down in 1980 in order to rescue the FRN. The way it was done was by massively increasing interest rates. There was no other way to save it. That avenue for saving the FRN is no longer available to the Fed, since if they did that today, what's left of the economy (massively lacking, as it is, in a real manufacturing base) would come to a screeching halt. The only thing keeping our phony economy afloat at this point is artificially low interest rates, near zero.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm

Missing from this entire back-n-forth between TRH and his critics is any sense of time scale. Sure, the US$ might be safe haven from the woes of the Euro, but for how long?

TRH is taking a long perspective, his critics have a perspective measured in weeks and months.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by ringworm

Missing from this entire back-n-forth between TRH and his critics is any sense of time scale. Sure, the US$ might be safe haven from the woes of the Euro, but for how long?

TRH is taking a long perspective, his critics have a perspective measured in weeks and months.

I'm trying to figure out what "precious metals drop" they're talking about... it wasn't so long ago that many P.M. detractors were yucking it up over gold buyers predictions of the thousand dollar ounce...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You guys might be interested to look at what type of world events have played out in the past when countries invest in the US dollar. For what its worth...It gets hinkey.
Mira Wilkins, The History of Foreign Investment in the United States, 1914-1945

In the past forign inestors have been drawn to the US dollar when there was an increasing interest rate by the FED.
I exect that to be the case very very very soon. Say the second week in November.
You think home sales are flat now?
And when people dont buy homes they dont buy carpet, and dishwashers and tile and paint ect ect ect.
The US economy id about to take a tumble that can only be relived by World War.
Thats always been our quick fix.
Planes and Bombs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually, from what I've read foreign investors are most drawn to U.S. investments when two things coincide - the U.S. dollar is going up in value along with the U.S. stock market. That way they get a double whammy on their investment. I believe such a situation is very likely to occur sometime in the next two years.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by temmi
Things are darker than you think

The black hole of the derivatives-alternate-universe scares the manure out of me when I dwell on it.

What was that company called?? Grenwich Conn. Long term capital?? They almost imploded the financial world into a cosmic black hole back in their day.

They call it a modern market economy... Just seems like a whole lot of gamblin and smoke and mirrors and double dealing flim flam deception floating on thin air or skating on thin ice.

I cannot even begin to get my pea brain around it all.

7mm 7mm 7mm
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,313
Posts18,526,306
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.