-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is rather well know that the DA is not going to investigate any officer shooting in Las Vegas. In fact, in Las Vegas, the person DOA has always turned and pulled something, sometimes it is shinny. Amazingly las vegas criminal never learn as this is repeated each and every time. The local news paper is in the tank with the PD. Anyone who things that members of an industry which purposely mislead the public on a daily basis have suddenly become the gospel is foolish.
The local radio stations had lots of commentary which didn't support the official positions taken in the press. The simple fact is LVPD shoots first, and lots of it, then arranges the details. It's a story that goes back to Ralph Lamb, one of the last wild west sheriffs.
As a note, open carry is legal in Las vegas. The hysteria it creates is something else. The cops know it is legal, so the arrest citizens lawfully carrying and eventually charge disturbance of the peace, and provide a wall of molasses of paperwork to get your perfectly legal gun back.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a sad reality, especially in CA. Obtain a CCW, and you have a much higher chance of being shot by the police, than you ever had being shot by a criminal...how sad is that? There has to be a hundred times the ccw holders as there were fifteen years ago, sadly police education has not kept up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Eremicus
The fact that this is a an old case, which the poster decided to post makes me even more suspicious as to just what really happend. E
Yep, it violates Campfire Cop Rule No. 1 (See my second post in this thread for Campfire Cop Rule No. 2).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet the folks here could have a field day designing "the rules" that govern your posts.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's actually the hawkeye rule. Your ignoring of facts before spouting your repetitive moans and whines about LE have always been suspect. And,for good reason. A pre-disposed mindset coupled with a total disregard for facts is a bed you made. Don't blame others for you being forced to sleep in it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
If I lived in a hostile state and liked my guns, I would pack up and move to Oklahoma, none finer iffin ya like your guns and dont wanna be shot by the Police.

Gunner

We have folks open carry all the time but there's always a sheep dialing 911 saying a crazed gunman is walking the streets. I've had many encounters with peeps openly carrying and have yet to shoot anyone.

not a dig at you gunner. just talking aloud.

Last edited by Mac84; 06/02/12.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
back from violating rights what did i miss ?

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was well documented that varying accounts existed; the paper ran with the version that suited their agenda.

RSIJR if you are so informed as you imply on the practice of The Las Vegas Review Journal and LVPD, please provide an account where the reporter state the officer involved shooting (doesn't that sound better than say, killer, which is the more accurate portrayal), where the officer involved shooting is suspicious. Just one will do.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
HUH?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No way blue, all those folks were in on the cover up.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, those dang Swedes are known for being part of the international banking cartel-black helicopter crowd. Especially the Swedes who shop at Costco.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
a cover up say it aint so....

FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
damn swedes

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was refering to your statements; the hawkeye rule, ignoring of facts A pre-disposed mindset coupled with a total disregard for facts.

I only asked that you provide one example where the LVRJ, the newspapaer whom I'm suspecting your response to Hawkeye is predicated upon, one account where the LVRJ has published that an officer involved shooting was suspicious. Just one, so we know there is not a "ignoring of facts A pre-disposed mindset coupled with a total disregard for facts".

It is facts you were discussing, yes?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you are packing heat and are confronted by a person that does not want you there , GET THE FCCK out of there . you cannot win , your carry permit is to protect yourself if you are being robbed. if you are in a store and the magament asks you to leave GO .do not argue. as he has already made up his mind about guns and you rubbing his face in the fact that you are legal will not change the facts.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hubert
If you are packing heat and are confronted by a person that does not want you there , GET THE FCCK out of there . you cannot win , your carry permit is to protect yourself if you are being robbed. if you are in a store and the magament asks you to leave GO .do not argue. as he has already made up his mind about guns and you rubbing his face in the fact that you are legal will not change the facts.

finally some common sense

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hubert

Yes.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The last time this was brought up someone posted a link to a article that stated the fine citizen that got killed had enough pills in his system to start a pharmacy. Poor law abiding citizen.

Dink

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This is such an outrageous incident. Basically, the cops murdered this man. And you know, I wouldn't say it was necessarily the result of a phobia of guns, but of an attitude that is epidemic in law enforcment that condones excessive force. Law enforcement should not have qualified immunity from suit in my opinion.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The article was from The Las Vegas Sun, jackwagon. The link's been posted twice.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,124
Posts18,502,421
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.