-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, Matt, and thank your soldiers for me. Safe returns for all of you heroes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kill them all! But stay safe!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

The Army likes big words.

All the Marines need to know is "Kill him and him" wink [/quote]

Winnie,

We Marines know how to make lots of big words. We just throw frequent swear words into other words between syllables. I expect that when you get to spend quality time with your DI this fall, he will demonstrate how to do it properly, but the Marines do it better.

Winnie, I have a great idea for you to incorporate into your personal physical fitness program to get ready for bootcamp.

Every time you make a post on the Campfire, drop to the floor and knock out twenty perfect push-ups. That will remind you of your many friends here on the 'Fire that are rooting for you, and help get you in the best possible physical condition.

Semper Fi

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Winnie's taking the plunge, huh? Good on ya Winnie! What branch, and what MOS did you select?

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matt,

Look at his avatar: Army, Military Police.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Job well done sir. Glad all our men are safe and sound.
Thank you for your service.
Be safe.

JD338

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Thank you very much for working so hard to keep us safe, Matt. My family and I appreciate your service, and that of your soldiers.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Matt thank you to you all and keep safe!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Matt,

Haha!! You're right. I guess I need to work on my attention to detail. blush

Thanks to all of you who are voicing support. It's because of folks like you that I decided to enlist!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Jeff, I was referring to my and my pard's outlook in Vietnam. No way to correlate with Matt and his guys in Afghanistan. Diff wars, diff enemies. ...and we killed as many as we could.

ET, I was replying to the OP. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your service.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Matt,

Stay classy when you get to where you are going, Winnie. A badge has a way of turning some young guys into idiots. I don't think you will have that problem though.

And never underestimate the ability of the Marines to express themselves. We are very good at this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was chatting with a E-5 during school lunch and he asked me what MOS I was going in for, when I told him MP he said "You don't look like a dick." grin

What is your MOS, Sgt?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for reporting in Matt. Stay safe. Wish you could sneak ol' COL Whelen in on some action...

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I was chatting with a E-5 during school lunch and he asked me what MOS I was going in for, when I told him MP he said "You don't look like a dick." grin

What is your MOS, Sgt?

Not sure which SGT you're asking, but my MOS is 88M3P. Airborne!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MYore
Thanks for reporting in Matt. Stay safe. Wish you could sneak ol' COL Whelen in on some action...

I wish I could too! I've never been a fan of the little 223 for man - sized targets. The 35 Whelen might be just a bit overkill though. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was in the Army for a couple of years, back before the first Gulf War, so I never saw any action. I can only imagine the stress that you guys are under right now in A-stan.
Good job, stay safe, and tell your men that there's plenty of Americans behind them and wish them well.

If any of you wonder why the U.S. is over there in the first place, just go look at that cod-damn beheading video that's posted under this forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
Originally Posted by MYore

I wish I could too! I've never been a fan of the little 223 for man - sized targets. The 35 Whelen might be just a bit overkill though. wink

No such thing! wink

Thanks for doing what you do and thank your troops for me and the wife. You guys are doing good work over there!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks for your service Matt and thank your boys for us too!

Stay safe and know that the America that matters is behind you all the way!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks Rooster - that's the America I'm fighting for!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Matt,
Thank you Sir for your service and that of every soldier. You are our defence between good and evil. Our family always makes it a point to shake the hand of every soldier we see and thank them for all they do. I have instilled this in our grand children. I want them to know if it were not for the brave men like you, they would not have the priviledge of the freedoms they enjoy. We are very grateful for all of you. Thank you Lord that none of you we injured. Our prayer is for God to protect all of you in harms way. Be vigilant.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 2500HD, 43 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,859
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.