Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Former Braves pitcher John Rocker, whose controversial opinions once got him suspended by commissioner Bud Selig, said he would rather vote for the devil than President Obama.

Declaring that the president possesses a "cancerous ideology," the 37-year-old Georgia native said he supported Newt Gingrich for the GOP nomination but will now vote for Mitt Romney.

"In my strong opinion Barack Obama does not hold a single core value or belief consistent with the principles that created this amazing country we call the United States of America," Rocker told WorldNetDaily.

"I would vote for the devil himself over Barack Obama, which would actually be tough, though, as he seems to already be a supporter," he said.

The lefty reliever last pitched in the majors in 2003, three years after he made headlines for offensive comments about New Yorkers, among other groups. He told Sports Illustrated reporter Jeff Pearlman that he would sooner retire than play in New York, calling Mets fans "degenerates."

Rocker � who now works in real estate and wrote a book last year in which he admitted using steroids � accused Pearlman of ruining his career and called the article a "hatchet job" that was presented out of context.

"Pearlman spent nearly 10 hours with me that day, and we engaged in numerous very long-winded conversations. ... Strategically extracting a sentence fragment here and separate thought there, Pearlman painted the exact picture of me he intended from the very beginning," Rocker told WorldNetDaily.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...l-gets-his-vote-over-Barack-Obama-060412

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That makes two of us....

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I thought they were the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
>>"In my strong opinion Barack Obama does not hold a single core value or belief consistent with the principles that created this amazing country we call the United States of America,"<<

+1

Black Cows Matter!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rutstopper
I thought they were the same.

If they are not the same Obama has stolen satan's job and satan is in the unemployment line.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1.) Rocker is an ass

2.) Perlman, as the former Beat writer for the Mets, did do a hatchet job on Rocker

3.) Rocker was stupid enough to do the interview and give Perlman all the ammo he needed to slay Rocker

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/cover/news/1999/12/22/rocker/

The Braves and the Mets had an emotional and "vocal" playoff battle the year before. Rocker was not afraid to mouth off at the Mets fans, and indeed started it during the regular season. He made himself a target and metaphorically challenged the world to "come get me, I'm 10 feet tall and bulletproof!" Well, Perlman got him.

The truth is, is mouth got him. If not by the SI piece, then it was a matter of time before something else. He wore out his welcome with the Braves, and the whole city was glad to be done with him.

He can moan and groan all he wants about the injustice, but in the words of Led Zeppelin, he can sing "Its Nobody's Fault But Mine".

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
1.) Rocker is an ass

Neverthelsss...he pegged the Egoist in Chief.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think he owes Lucifer an apology. His comparison is totally uncalled for.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While that may be an accurate summation, he's 100% spot on about his characterization of the current resident of the White House. (Can't say whether or not he's accurate about ALL Mets fans, but.....)

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I think he owes Lucifer an apology. His comparison is totally uncalled for.

Travis

+1

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.