-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And encouragement as well. Useful for any who are new in the faith and body of Jesus Christ. And no, I am not any kind of General, I am speaking of God himself and his son, Christ Jesus.

Sir, I promised you some scripture refernces to help you understand some of what is going on here, and they are in this post.

To begin with, please allow me to help you understand what being a Christian is and means. The term "CHRISTIAN" was first used in reference to the new believers early in the first Century of Christianity and reffered to persons who acted like "Little Christs" That is what we are to be and act like to the best of our abilitiy but mostly with the help of Gods Holy Spirit. Another way of putting it is "Jesus or God, with skin on"

Since you are becoming a soldier soon, let us examine for a minute what the relationship will be between you and your superiors. You will be required to be obedient, to the point of your own death if such is required. Jesus, if you call yourself a Christian, is the LORD of your life. There is no salvation avaialble and there is no point in trying to act like a Christian (Even if there is a hot babe in the mix smile ) unless one has truly decided to make Jesus the LORD as in controller and ruler of one's life and in a solemn prayer made this commitment between he and God. This means every aspect and facet of one's life. No other person, institution, denomination or religion can or should ever require this level of devotion of you and really canot for you or I as a man can only serve one master.

Winnie (and perhaps others) How fair would it be for your commander to send you into a contested war zone and not tell you that the area was "HOT" and filled with enemy combatants who were totally commited to destroying you by whatever means they had at their disposal?

Nonetheless, many young Christians are sent into the world new in thier faith without this intel and the results are too often predictably disaterous. The fact is, when you side with God, the BULK and vast majority of this sin sick world is now your enemy and you are in a spiritual war zone. You MUST 1) know this 2) not be surprised by this 3) prepare for this and 4) discontinue the idea that this place is the be all and end all of your life. When you become a Christian you are a citizen of Heaven and an emmisary of the God of the universe. Also you are a soldier of the Cross. This will be your lot for the rest of your life, there is no turning back possible. One can shoose to shirk ones duty's for a while - and the consequences for such are most painful - and one can even try to become a deserter or other coward and many do for a time in thier walk with the Lord but your Citizenship, your ownership, your spiritual DNA as it were, is always and forever above this rotting place once a genuine commitemnt and transformation has occured. Your citizenship and true place in the universe is always in heaven with God. Not a thing you or anyone else can do about it from then on. May as well make the best of it, eh? And serve with honor and distinction! This is my hope and prayer for you. That you make, or have made, a total 100% forever commitment and been changed form the inside out into this new being some call a Christian. And that your walk with Christ will be one of honor and distinction! He is there by your side to make it so much easier for you. For he has said in his word "I will never leave you nor forsake you"

Here are some scriptures to let you know that you are not alone in this battle. Unfortunately, There will even be folks from here at 24hrcf who belong to the other camp who will try to tear you down. Do not allow them place or input into your new life in Christ.

And now, a few words form our Lord, Saviour, and General:

Mattthew 10:22 "Men will HATE you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be SAVED."

Stand FIRM Winnie! Stand Firm!

Matthew 10:26 "So DO NOT be afraid of them! There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed or hidden that will not be revealed."

Matthew 10:34 "So do not suppose that I have come to bring peace on this earth, but a sword"

Soooooo.... you want to be a soldier, do you. Well, welcome to our battle! And I mean that from the depths of my heart. I wish and pray for more like you. I am getting up there in years and in poor health now, with many scars, re inforecments are most welcome!

There are many many more scriptures that offer up this same vision of this world being a battlefield. If asked I will bring more to this thread, but it is far better for you to look them up yourself and I am so glad to see and hear that you are doing this already.

Yeah, you are in a battle zone kid- NO DOUBT- but the war was already won at Calvary! Jesus put a whippin on the devil that will keep him as a weak #2 for all of eternity. He has been allowed some power here for a while, but know that we are merely here to do clean up skirmishes, and occupy until he comes. All the while pointing as many as we can toward the truth and real abundant life that God wants for all men until he (Our General, Jesus himself) returns and relieves us of our duty and into rest and celebration with him (See Revelations, and many other refernces for this event)

Yes sir young man, WELCOME to the battle and serve with honor and distinction! I will be a mentor to whatever degree you ask of me.

your Brother in Christ,

MARK

PS brothers and soldiers of the same Cross really OUGHT to hunt deer together...... smile Will you be out of Boot camp by mid October? My offer of two seasons ago still stands.

Last edited by safariman; 06/08/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You sir, are a wonderful witness for Christ....great post!! Winnie1300 will need, and always need, these words as moves into the next chapter of his life

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good job Mark.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Superlative job!! One could not have said it more concisely. And more importantly, it is very good tutelage for our dear friend and Brother in Christ, Winnie. Instruction that I hope will stand him in stead for the balence of his life.

Best regards,

Bill

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trusting in Jesus, life is good.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you for the good read, sir!

I appreciate it deeply. I am at a loss for words to respond properly, so I give you my choosing of scripture.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power
Ephensians 6-10 NIV

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Your choice of Scripture is a very good one, indeed!

You are most welcome.

PM me when you can (or know) about your upcoming summer and fall schedule, we have plans to make.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.