Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Saw this update on AOL/Huffington Post.

DEAD Molester

Sheriff's deputies in Texas won't file charges against a father who they say beat an acquaintance to death after allegedly catching him sexually abusing the man's 4-year-old daughter.

During a social gathering on Saturday, the girl went inside the family's home in Shiner while other members of the family were tending to horses outside, CNN reported.

The father caught a 47-year-old man -- with whom he was casually acquainted -- attempting to molest his daughter, Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon told the Victoria Advocate. The father then allegedly punched the man in the head until he died, Harmon reported.

The father and daughter weren't named to protect the identity of the 4-year-old girl. She was described as "ok, besides the obvious mental trauma" of the incident, Harmon said.

The alleged abuser was found dead at the scene. His name wasn't released pending the announcement of his death to his family.

The sheriff's office will defer to a grand jury to decide whether charges will be brought against the father. If charges are filed, they won't be on behalf Harmon's behalf.

"You have a right to defend your daughter," he told CNN. "[The girl's father] acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

The father was reportedly "very remorseful" about the death and did not know the alleged abuser would die of his injuries.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best thing would be to present it to a Grand Jury and have them return "no true bill". It would be forever closed. GOOD MAN!!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The father should have the local courthouse, airport, schools, interstate renamed after him.

A parade honoring him with a marching band would be in order too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love it! Guns are too fast. A good old-fashioned beat down!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
X3

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like natural causes to me.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora
That's a father doing his job! I'll puke if I hear anybody refer to the molester as "the victim"

Victoria being in So Texas and the name not being released makes me wonder if the press was being politically correct, that the deceased was hispanic...

if this happened in Oregon, and the deceased was a hispanic, I wouldn't be shocked if our liberal officials here wouldn't be charging the father with murder motivated as a hate crime...

Glad to see Texas has some sanity...Oregon sure doesn't...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by shootem

The father caught a 47-year-old man -- with whom he was casually acquainted -- attempting to molest his daughter, Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon told the Victoria Advocate. The father then allegedly punched the man in the head until he died, Harmon reported.

This makes me smile....

Sometimes violence IS the answer.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i love happy endings........

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He is dead now , but makes me wonder if this hasn't happen before to the little girl from this guy.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

quite often, actually.

a south Texas grand jury will give this guy a medal.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A radio story this evening had it that the little girl was screaming for her daddy during the attack.

That did it for me, get the guy out of the morgue and kill him again.

I agree 100%!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by tzone

quite often, actually.

a south Texas grand jury will give this guy a medal.

I hope so

Cause I would hate to see him ruined by litigation.

He is gonna need all his money for his little girl

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire

if this happened in Oregon, and the deceased was a hispanic, I wouldn't be shocked if our liberal officials here wouldn't be charging the father with murder motivated as a hate crime...

That's because, if the current mayor of Portland and the former Governor (Goldschmitt) are any indication, pedophilia is part of Progressive Politics.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put the SOB's body on a pike at the edge of town. "This is what happens to child molesters in our town. Keep on moving"

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by huntsonora
That's a father doing his job! I'll puke if I hear anybody refer to the molester as "the victim"

Victoria being in So Texas and the name not being released makes me wonder if the press was being politically correct, that the deceased was hispanic...

Seafire beat me too it and I agree with him. If this happened in Oregon the father would go to prison. Sad, but true.

Glad to see Texas has some sanity...Oregon sure doesn't...

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
interesting article in today's news. Note that the bleeding heart lefties are already calling for charges against the Father.
link to story
A Texas prosecutor said the case of a rancher who beat to death a man he caught allegedly molesting his daughter will go to a grand jury to decide whether the killing was justified, or an act of excessive force.

The father, whose name has not been released by authorities, claims he caught the man trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter on his ranch Saturday. Although Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the girl�s father is unlikely to be arrested, District Attorney Heather McMinn told FoxNews.com the case remains under investigation and that the Texas Rangers have joined the probe.

�Once completed, [results of the investigation] will be forwarded to the district attorney�s office and it will be taken to a grand jury,� McMinn told FoxNews.com. �They�re still investigating what happened at this point.�

The grand jury will ultimately decide what charges -- if any -- the girl�s father will face, McMinn said.

Relatives of the 47-year-old dead man -- who is from Gonzales and does not appear to have a criminal record -- had not been located as of Tuesday, McMinn said. His name will not be released until those relatives are found, she said.

�My understanding is that they are looking for family members in Mexico,� McMinn said.

Harmon, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday, said earlier that no evidence has led investigators to doubt the father�s account, he said.

�There doesn�t appear to be any reason other than what he told us,� Harmon said.

The victim was an �acquaintance� of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses, according to Harmon, adding he did not know how long the men may have known each other prior to the alleged incident.

The girl�s father notified police late Saturday afternoon that he attacked a man he caught attempting to sexually assault his daughter near a barn where horses were kept, Harmon said.

�In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died,� Harmon said.

The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and was later released, Harmon said. The victim's body was taken to the Travis County medical examiner's office for an autopsy. Authorities are still awaiting those results, McMinn said.

James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father�s decision to �summarily execute� the alleged molester without due process.

�Assuming it�s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don�t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,� Harrington told FoxNews.com. �But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.�

Without specific knowledge of the case, Harrington said he was �surprised� that the girl�s father had not been already charged.

Harrington continued: �The question is: When does it move beyond self-defense?�

Meanwhile, several residents of the small town of roughly 2,000 about 130 miles west of Houston said they supported the father�s actions.

�He got what he deserved, big time,� Shiner native Sonny Jaehne told the Victoria Advocate newspaper.

Along with Jaehne, Mark Harabis was among a handful of people at a local convenience store on Sunday who discussed the killing.

�I agree with him totally,� Harabis told the newspaper. �I would probably do worse. The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives.�

The owner of Howard�s convenience store said the killing was a hot topic throughout the weekend.

�Everybody wants to know who it is,� owner Howard Gloor told the newspaper. �Everybody�s very curious about it. A lot of people have said that he got what he had coming to him. That�s been the consensus. They�ve been supportive of doing what needed to be done to take care of the problem.�

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/1...to-grand-jury-after-probe/#ixzz1xc6YFHh9

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
�Assuming it�s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don�t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,� Harrington told FoxNews.com. �But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.�

Without specific knowledge of the case, Harrington said he was �surprised� that the girl�s father had not been already charged.

Harrington continued: �The question is: When does it move beyond self-defense?

Typical Liberal, if it was his daughter how would he have reacted?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My daughter is 29and I would do it still!! Clint

just for Fun
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Too bad James Harrington didn't find himself between the father and the child molester. It could have been a 2'fer.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,083
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.