Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Yup, if we could only "legalize" dope, the people that are doing this sorta' chit will go home and become Ozzie and Harriet.

.....right? crazy

GTC

Mexican cops discover human slaughterhouse in truck

link: http://www.examiner.com/article/mexican-cops-discover-human-slaughterhouse-truck

In yet another grisly find for Mexican authorities, on Tuesday evening police officers discovered at least 14 mutilated and dismembered corpses packed into a large truck abandoned on the median of a highway in Veracruz, a Drug Enforcement Administration source told the Law Enforcement Examiner.

The van was located on the Alamo-Potrero del Llano Highway near the border with Tamaulipas state, the scene of the worst gang wars in northeastern Mexico, according to the DEA source.

The Veracruz General Attorney, Reynaldo Escobar Perez, called in Army and Navy personal to help the police officers remove the bodies and transport them to the federal forensic laboratory. Eventually, the remains were transported to the state capital and Gulf coast port of Veracruz, according to an official statement.
Advertisement

According to the local newspapers, the bodies had been hacked and packed in bags, which made it extremely difficult for law enforcement officers and forensic examiners to count the number of bodies involved and the identities of the victims.

Officials believe this latest bloody massacre is related to a gang war between the organized crime group Los Zetas and the Gulf and Pacific cartels which has been ongoing since 2010, according to a statement.

The DEA source said that drug cartel "enforcers" usually dismember their victims while they are still alive in order to instill terror in the ranks of opposing gangs and the Mexican police and military.

Beginning in October 2011, the Mexican government initiated Operation Safe Veracruz following the discovery of more than 35 bodies found in an area called Boca del Rio, just south of the Veracruz capital in September 2011.

In spite of numerous arrests -- including arrests that resulted in suspects being extradited to the United States -- drug-related violence throughout Mexico is on the rise, with one of the worst cases occurring on May 13, when police found 50 bodies near the city of Cadereyta, in Nuevo Leon state.

A report and graphic shows that the deadly drug cartel Los Zetas controls criminal activity, drug trafficking, and extortion in over half of Mexico�s territory. The report was obtained by the U.S. National Association of Chiefs of Police.

Cuitl�huac Salinas, head of the Assistant Attorney General�s Office for Special Investigations on Organized Crime (SIEDO), presented a map at the National Institute of Penal Sciences that illustrates the territories in Mexico controlled by each cartel. Students and lawyers from around the nation attended the event.

The map shows that Los Zetas, which is led by Heriberto Lazcano, alias �El Lazca,� controls most of Mexico�s southern regions as well as the Gulf of Mexico. The cartel has a presence in 17 out of the 31 Mexican states, which is a decrease from the 23 states it operated in during 2008.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drug Decriminalization Policy Pays Off

By any metric, Portugal's drug-decriminalization scheme has been a resounding success. Drug usage in many categories has decreased in absolute terms, including for key demographic groups, like 15-to-19-year-olds. Where usage rates have increased, the increases have been modest � far less than in most other European Union nations, which continue to use a criminalization approach.

Portugal, whose drug problems were among the worst in Europe, now has the lowest usage rate for marijuana and one of the lowest for cocaine. Drug-related pathologies, including HIV transmission, hepatitis transmission and drug-related deaths, have declined significantly.

Beyond the data, Portugal's success with decriminalization is illustrated by the absence of political agitation for a return to criminalization. As one might expect for a socially conservative and predominantly Roman Catholic country, the decriminalization proposal sparked intense controversy a decade ago.

Many politicians insisted that a vast parade of horribles would be unleashed, including massive increases in drug use among youth and the conversion of Lisbon into a "drug haven for tourists."

But none of those scary scenarios occurred. Portuguese citizens, able to compare the out-of-control drug problems of the 1990s with the vastly improved situation now, have little desire to return to the days of criminalization. No influential politician advocates doing so.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/drug-decriminalization-policy-pays

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Mexican Government does not run Mexico, the cartels do.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, if we could only "legalize" dope, the people that are doing this sorta' chit will go home and become Ozzie and Harriet.

.....right?

GTC

Just keep doing what you've always done and you'll keep getting what you've always got.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Vastly improved",....

Did you know that Barney is REAL, too ?

Yup,....

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dsKO_r76kfQ[/video]

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't looked up any proof for or against but a buddy of mine just the other night was telling me how Amsterdam has descended into a total pit of scum. What at first looked like a good answer to leaving druggies to their (de)vices has turned into opium dens all over the place and .... well.... just basically cockroach city.

(shrugs)

It'd cut the cartel's financial throats, that's all I know. Where things went from there is anybody's guess. (any BODY... get it... snicker)

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you're saying it was pot (drugs) that made them kill these people? No, it was the profit in dealing pot (drugs). Since most of the cartels engage in human smmugling, can we just outlaw mexicans too and have it all go away?

So your war on drugs produces this result, and thats all the proof you need to know it is the right thing to do.

You dull the senses.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prohibition works so well.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
So you're saying it was pot (drugs) that made them kill these people? No, it was the profit in dealing pot (drugs). Since most of the cartels engage in human smmugling, can we just outlaw mexicans too and have it all go away?

So your war on drugs produces this result, and thats all the proof you need to know it is the right thing to do.

You dull the senses.

"So you're saying it was pot (drugs) that made them kill these people?"

Quit putting words in people's mouths, you self aggrandizing, arrogant, pompous dipchit.

........ROB KRENTZ was KILLED over a load of pot.

GTC

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Guys that ran liquor in the '20's did the same sort of thing.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by T LEE
The Mexican Government does not run Mexico, the cartels do.

Right on Brutha Lee. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did Al Einstein really say that? What was the discussion about? I've seen it used alot, never attributed to Albert.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sickening and "strange" that none of this makes the MSM.

Looks like all that U.S. taxpayer money going to the Mex govt has really helped. sick

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He did to me, one night at a speak easy in the presence of Lenny Bruce.

We were discussing pot being illegal and mexicans....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Woodsmaster
Guys that ran liquor in the '20's did the same sort of thing.

That makes it OK.

Got it.

GTC

Make it legal and you take the profit out,take the profit out and the killing will,while not cease,I suspect die down.

Certain drugs are about as harmful as alcohol like pot,in fact booze may be more crazy inspiring if you watch some of what your locals go and do on a Fri or Sat night.

Like prohibition all the drug war does is make more laws.

What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? [Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

You dull the senses.

"So you're saying it was pot (drugs) that made them kill these people?"

Quit putting words in people's mouths, you self aggrandizing, arrogant, pompous dipchit.

........ROB KRENTZ was KILLED over a load of pot.

GTC

Don�t flatter yourself. Bit of a stretch getting from your incongruity to self aggrandizing. If that was so, there would be so many ggrandized we'd become the norm.

Just what does � Yup, if we could only "legalize" dope, the people that are doing this sorta' chit will go home and become Ozzie and Harriet......right? Mexican cops discover human slaughterhouse in truck�..

Just what is it you're trying to say?

YARFD

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Gonna have to legalize everything. If you legalize MJ, these guys will deal in coke. Legalize Coke, these guys will deal in Heroin, or stolen morphine, meth, and anything else that can be easily produced and sold to an underground market. In America today, there are human slaves brought in from latin America, china and other places for prostitution. Gotta legalize that too. Then there's the child bride problem...yes, it's here as well. I know one. She's a foster daughter of a friend. Identified. Now she introduces her 6 year old daughter as her sister to her sophomore friends in high school.

You wanna fundamentally end this? You don't wage a metaphorical war. You wage a real war! You raid a cartel strong hold and you leave heads on sticks and you go on to the next one.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Drug Decriminalization Policy Pays Off

By any metric, Portugal's drug-decriminalization scheme has been a resounding success. Drug usage in many categories has decreased in absolute terms, including for key demographic groups, like 15-to-19-year-olds. Where usage rates have increased, the increases have been modest � far less than in most other European Union nations, which continue to use a criminalization approach.

Portugal, whose drug problems were among the worst in Europe, now has the lowest usage rate for marijuana and one of the lowest for cocaine. Drug-related pathologies, including HIV transmission, hepatitis transmission and drug-related deaths, have declined significantly.

Beyond the data, Portugal's success with decriminalization is illustrated by the absence of political agitation for a return to criminalization. As one might expect for a socially conservative and predominantly Roman Catholic country, the decriminalization proposal sparked intense controversy a decade ago.

Many politicians insisted that a vast parade of horribles would be unleashed, including massive increases in drug use among youth and the conversion of Lisbon into a "drug haven for tourists."

But none of those scary scenarios occurred. Portuguese citizens, able to compare the out-of-control drug problems of the 1990s with the vastly improved situation now, have little desire to return to the days of criminalization. No influential politician advocates doing so.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/drug-decriminalization-policy-pays
Don't confuse him with the facts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 35, 14 invisible), 12,984 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,007
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.