Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DP4

Between the republicans who want to hire all illegal/foreign labor and the democrats who want to give them all citizenship we're pretty much screwed. The global economy is producing a global standard of living which is going to suck for the average american.

Roger That.

Working out pretty good for Mitt Romney and John Kerry, though. Must be a coincidence, that.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This Is Why There Are No Jobs in America
By Porter Stansberry

I'd like to make you a business offer.

Seriously. This is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me down, as you'll come to understand in a moment�

Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business you're in � as long as it's legal.

But I can't give you any capital � you have to come up with that on your own. I won't give you any labor � that's definitely up to you. What I will do, however, is demand you follow all sorts of rules about what products and services you can offer, how much (and how often) you pay your employees, and where and when you're allowed to operate your business. That's my role in the affair � to tell you what to do.

Now in return for my rules, I'm going to take roughly half of whatever you make in the business each year. Half seems fair, doesn't it? I think so. Of course, that's half of your profits.

You're also going to have to pay me about 12% of whatever you decide to pay your employees because you've got to cover my expenses for promulgating all of the rules about who you can employ, when, where, and how. Come on, you're my partner. It's only "fair."

Now� after you've put your hard-earned savings at risk to start this business, and after you've worked hard at it for a few decades (paying me my 50% or a bit more along the way each year), you might decide you'd like to cash out � to finally live the good life.

Whether or not this is "fair" � some people never can afford to retire � is a different argument. As your partner, I'm happy for you to sell whenever you'd like� because our agreement says, if you sell, you have to pay me an additional 20% of whatever the capitalized value of the business is at that time.

I know� I know� you put up all the original capital. You took all the risks. You put in all of the labor. That's all true. But I've done my part, too. I've collected 50% of the profits each year. And I've always come up with more rules for you to follow each year. Therefore, I deserve another, final 20% slice of the business.

Oh� and one more thing�

Even after you've sold the business and paid all of my fees� I'd recommend buying lots of life insurance. You see, even after you've been retired for years, when you die, you'll have to pay me 50% of whatever your estate is worth.

After all, I've got lots of partners and not all of them are as successful as you and your family. We don't think it's "fair" for your kids to have such a big advantage. But if you buy enough life insurance, you can finance this expense for your children.

All in all, if you're a very successful entrepreneur� if you're one of the rare, lucky, and hard-working people who can create a new company, employ lots of people, and satisfy the public� you'll end up paying me more than 75% of your income over your life. Thanks so much.

I'm sure you'll think my offer is reasonable and happily partner with me� but it doesn't really matter how you feel about it because if you ever try to stiff me � or cheat me on any of my fees or rules � I'll break down your door in the middle of the night, threaten you and your family with heavy, automatic weapons, and throw you in jail.

That's how civil society is supposed to work, right? This is Amerika, isn't it?

That's the offer Amerika gives its entrepreneurs. And the idiots in Washington wonder why there are no new jobs�

Regards,

Porter Stansberry

You make it sound better than it really is.

Did you voluntarily leave out all the controls, all the lawyers fees, all the time wasting demands that will fall upon the entrepreneur?

If you did it is dishonest, just like Govenment.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The good news is that our company was very profitable last year. Since it is a sub S corporation the profits flow directly through to the two stock holders; myself and my son.

The bad news is that we pay tax on that profit. The problem is that we never see that money because it has been reinvested in the business. So we are paying taxes on money that never entered our bank accounts. As that reinvested money (hopefully) generates more profit next year we will pay more taxes on more money that we have no personal use of.

I just paid quarterly taxes of 10k occasioned by all the money I
"made" last year but never saw.

And so it goes...

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You also fail to mention that it is impossible to follow all the partners rules and if they decide they dont like you they will let you know how you messed up by throwing you in prison, are you sure the concrete you poured was not mined out of a river used by an endangered species?

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Answer: Government; Federal, State, Local and all their contractors.

Question: Where does most of the money go?

Unless something changes the private sector will not exist, except for the black market.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
You also fail to mention that it is impossible to follow all the partners rules and if they decide they dont like you they will let you know how you messed up by throwing you in prison, are you sure the concrete you poured was not mined out of a river used by an endangered species?

Exactly. That is why we hire high priced attorneys and accountants to keep us "free". They in turn pay high taxes on the exorbitant sums we pay them.

Meanwhile the Government and its "enforcer" the IRS sits back and rakes it all in. Best to just shutup and pay.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They tax you when you make money and tax you when you spend money.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
They tax you when you make money and tax you when you spend money.

And my state taxes you for owning stuff too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (1badf350, 470Evans, 16penny, 44mc, 405winash, 35, 17 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,651
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.