Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I hope to be 1/2 the dad that mine is!

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad with my Mother

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dad, I love you so much and I am blessed beyond any measure for what you have done for me. You truly have and always will be an inspiration of what a true measure of a man is like. Thanking you is no where enough.

[Linked Image]

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good post Shrap,

When I was growing up, I knew my dad was pretty much a good person,

When I got a little older (having Kids of my own), that's when I really started to know what Dad went through, and that he was truly trying to be the best Father he could,

He passed on a few years back, and I still think of him everyday,

I have his picture, with my Mother, on the wall right above my head at this very moment.

Love You Dad. Until We see each other again, Thanks..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in the 6th grade, in school on base at Marine Corps Air Station New River. Dad and I were going squirrel hunting after I got home from school but on the bus ride home a couple of kids got into a fight on the bus. The bus driver took the lot of us to the provost marshals office so we could call our parents to come get us. Damn, I thought, there goes my hunting trip. They had up in a big lockup cage, I guess trying to scare us straight. Back then you had to check in with the MP's to get your pass for the hunting area, check your weapon ect. Well in comes my dad with my .410, hunting vest and license. My buddies thought that was the coolest thing they had ever seen. While everyone is expecting the worst I get checked out of jail to go hunting. Pretty cool ney?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by Hubert
The only influence my dad had on me was to never be like him.

I'm truly sorry for you

I'm in the same boat. Please don't be sorry for me. I learned to be self-sufficient, honest, and respectful of other people's stuff. A dad is a tough job. My hat is off to all the great dads out there.

Happy fathers day to everyone.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My dad was one of those who grew up poor, and worked his butt off for everything he has. He was always able to provide for us, play ball with us, take us hunting, and on one vacation a year. He's also the toughest human being to ever walk the planet I'm convinced. He is selfless, and has given away more, and helped more people than I even know about. He also raised us to love God, and respect our parents. We were raised right, and I thank my dad often for that. God Bless you dad, and happy father's day, to the greatest man I know.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My dad has passed away. Everyday I relize how much more of a great man and father he was.Love you Pops.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dad was and still is my hero....loves God, family, and country (WW2 Navy vet) who will be 90 in July.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm kind of biased but I think my Kid has the best Dad, you'd have to ask him.

blush

Maybe I feel like I have the best son.
I've been a lucky man to have shared the times I have with my Kid.
There is nothing else I wish for.
If I died today my life is complete.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d...5196_100001605848906_21360_3140404_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/IMG_2668.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/HunterHarry/2-16.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/290/56120829.jpg[/img]

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some good stories on here. I never really remember my father as he passed away when I was 5. Only thing I remember is seeing him in the hospital window as he was waving at me because I couldn't go into the hospital. As the much younger fourth child I could only listen to stories about my father from others. My mother did remarry but he was a poor excuse for a human. May God grant him mercy! I try to be everything he wasn't to my children and we had a wonderful evening at dinner.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My Dad set aside his childhood at 15 to support his mother and brother when his father passed away. He has always been a giant in my eyes. Even though I am now larger than him I dont ever think I will be big enough to fill his shoes. I love him dearly.
GreggH

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hell, im kinda lost for words, the long and short of it it my dad never let me or my sister be without, he worked hard and always provided, we were the typical white picket fence family. But i couldn't then and i still cannot get over the fact that later on he was/is a womanizing sob and he ended their marriage of 28 yrs because of it. Its a very mixed feeling, he never did me wrong but he did my mom wrong, and i just cant get passed that, after 10 yrs i still cant.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I miss my dad every dad. Sometimes I can feel him beside me as I drive to or from work, or when I'm in the woodshop. When I finish a project, I hold it up and ask him what he thinks. I can still see the smile on his face.
My dad was a huge man, 6'4, 280 pounds of muscle in his prime. He was a police lieutenant and not many people messed with him. He had a huge voice to go along with his body.
I still remember watching the news in the late 60's when a group of protesters were occupying a federal building. All the LEO's were standing around, wondering what to do. My dad leaned forward in his chair, looked at the tv and said "get in there and tell them SOB's to get the Hell out!" If he had been there he would have done it too.
Papa, I miss you.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by andrews1958
My dad has passed away. Everyday I relize how much more of a great man and father he was.Love you Pops.

+1 Lost my Dad over 20 years ago and agree with you completely.

Last edited by Proud_Dad; 06/17/12.

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sal, looks like your boy has one of the best Dads in the whole entire USofA.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
in 4 months it will be 40 years since my dad passed on.

when i went to buy my first recurve bow--i spent 25 weeks earning the money--i paid for it myself--but my dad was right there to make sure i got a good deal. he even got the store owner to "throw in an arrow for the boy..."

when i bought my first centerfire hunting rifle, i could only afford to pay for half--so my dad paid the other half--and of course signed the paperwork. he even got the owner to, "throw in a box of shells for the young man..."

that rifle purchase made the beginnings of my big game hunting adventures possible.

i wanted to pay him back for the other half--but two weeks later he was gone....

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Easy question to answer: without a doubt it is my grandsons.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It will be ten years ago in November when my father passed. He was a dairy farmer and worked hard until the very end when cancer made it too difficult for him to get out of a chair. He was an enormously generous man, especially with his children and grandchildren. He helped all of his children through college, bought tires for the cars when we were too poor to afford them,
paid for my young son to have ear surgery to combat chronic infections when we were in school and too poor to be able to afford it. He never had a new truck and rarely had time for a vacation---but he always made sure we went on every scout hike and had firearms and fishing poles and every opportunity to use them. He was a religious man. He loved the Lord. Sometimes, if I am on a long road trip or something and begin to think of him, I still get tears in my eyes. I regret that I never appreciated him enough or honored him as I should have. There were times growing when the corporal punishment was a bit severe, but I look back now and see how much pressure he was under to keep the farm solvent and meet the myriad responsibilities he had. He was a much better man than I will ever be.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I'm happy to say my Dad is still with me. He's not as sharp as he used to be and he needs some help now and then. But I'm ok with that. (He's gonna be 84 in October)

He taught me to work. "If you know how to work you will never be hungry." He went to bed hungry sometimes, as a child but he made sure we never did.

My first job was delivering news papers. I was 12 years old Sunday papers are pretty heavy for a 95 lb kid on a bicycle. Dad got up every Sunday we put the papers in the back of the station wagon got the job done, and then took the camp stove to a local park and cooked breakfast.

He has allways been there for us. I'll sure be there for him. God Bless you Dad.

The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 63 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,683
Posts18,534,399
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.