Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Agreed. I'd add the Kahr P9 or PM9 to that list as well.
I think there's never been a more ideal every day concealed carry handgun for IWB carry than the Kahr P9.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DocRocket

I can't say whether you're experienced or not, but your opinion is shared by a good number of VERY experienced people.

It was an eye opening experience when I started paying attention to what the guys who had been there and done that were saying. Even more interesting when I realized how many of the top trainers stressed mindset way more than shooting tiny groups.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i sent parts of this thread to a friend of mine and he sent the following back, I thought it was interesting:
As to the Police officer in the 2nd part, (you can pass this on to him if you like) I have NO experience as a police officer. But I can tell you from a COMBAT soldier point of view. When I first got to Nam I was a tanker and since I was an FNG and a tanker I didn't have to go out on ambush patrols at night. I watched Frenchy xxxxxx go on point with an M79 grenade launcher (single shot break action). I said "what are you going to do with that ?" He said "You'll see". They got into a firefight. Frenchy had hands the size of a baseball glove and would hold the 40 mm rounds between his fingers like most people hold a cigarrette between their fingers. You'd hear "bloop (the report), bloop, SHAM". He'd get the 2nd round off BEFORE the first one hit!!
you'd swear he had a pump shotgun. A few days later, I watched xxxxx go out on point with the "hog" (m-60 machine gun, belt fed 7.62 NATO at about 24 pounds). Same thing... I said "what are you going to do with that ?" He said "You'll see".
I got moved to an infantry track and got the "joy" of going on ambush patrols and listening posts and even some recon [bleep].
The first time I went out I carried my TRUSTY m-16. I was issued a NEW one, it had the 8620 tool steel bolt (instead of chrome) and the closed flash suppressor (not the open one) and it WORKED ALL THE TIME. I was point and I was HOSING these two dinks down at about 40 yards at night with the full moon BEHIND ME (making me a wonderfull silhoutte target). They were flinching and jerking and turning on me with their THIRTY caliber (AK-47's) weapons on me!!! I knew I was hitting them as they were twitching like Bonnie & Clyde in the movie. I dumped THREE 18 round mags into them before they QUIT moving and my ass was so tight I could have crushed a Bee Bee.
Next time I did point (and wasn't in triple canopy jungle) I carried the HOG!!! If I would have been like Jesse Venture, I'd have carried a damned mini gun and that ain't no [bleep].!! :-)
I carry my FULL sized Kimber polymer target that holds 15 rounds of .45 ACP cocked and locked in an IWB. (I have pics if you want them). The magazine in the weapon has Remington Golden Sabres because that is what the Scottsdale PD uses. The 2nd magazine (14 more rounds) is in my left front pocket and has Sellior and Bellot 230 grain BALL.
I hope I NEVER have to USE it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
RoninPhx,

Excellent post. Thanks for submitting it.

We used to train MP's. There was a pronounced dichotomy of objectives. The military accepts casualties and fatalities as a cost of doing business. Civilian law enforcement is not willing to acquiesce to such costs. Civilian law enforcement analyzes the heck out of shootings in effort to perfect its objective.

While training MP's, I became worried when, during a scenario, an MP was willing to trade his life for a bad guy's. We took him aside and explained that there was a solution to the scenario in which at worst only the bad guy was shot.

Civilian law enforcement's objective is for bad guys to be booked and good guys to go home. While this objective is not always possible, it is the desirable objective.

Take care,

R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I like my LCP...

[Linked Image]

I've one of those in my pocket right now.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I truly appreciate the WEALTH of knowledge here, I learn something every day, thanx guys.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Look at the Kahr CM9 that is only 3/4" longer than the Ruger 380!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Your reply made me chuckle MagDude. smile

The impressions we get of others from reading their posts and how they are in person can be two different cats.

I have a good friend who tells me that I can blend into a crowd of two when I want to. The fact of the matter is I am as mellow as they come. The only thing most folks have to fear from me is being caught up in practical jokes. smile

Mack,

You and I both know that makes you exponentially more dangerous; the kind of guy security/body guards' eyes just slide over without raising any alarm. The next thing they know their charge has 3 eyes and one of those eyes is oozing brain matter and spouting blood.

You're a nice guy on the forum Mack, but I bet you're one of the more effective members of your SOG.

S
S
Interesting. laugh

Orange Contender Elite 50-60# GTX 31" draw
White Carbon Matrix plus 60-70# RKT 31.5" draw

practical joke
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (7887mm08, 325wsm1, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 21, 11 invisible), 14,323 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,934
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.