Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman
To which part do you take offense, Okok? That he is a Jew? That he accepted Christ and got Saved? That he has a tatoo? I see all three as good things, or neutral at worst, don't know what the bad news was in any of that.

Tattoo's in general.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I just don't get it. I never could understand why anyone would want to get marked up. I am not objecting to quotes of scripture as such, but to any tattos. I see people walking around showing them off thinking they are looking real cool. Does not impress me; well, not favorably anyhow. Then again, I'm not positively impressed with lip rings, nose rings, pierced nipples, pierced tounges, cheek studs, lip studs, eyebrow studs and rings, belly button rings, pierced sexual organs, etc., either. If someone wants to do it to themselves, it is their perfect right to do so, and I'll not argue that. Maybe they do impress some people, just not me. Guess I'm just not one of the cool ones. That's OK, damn glad I'm not. See 'ya at Wal Mart.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
didnt do mine to impress anyone.......did it cause i liked it and since outside the house i wear jeans 99% of the time other than my wife and kids very few people ever see it.....only other people i can think of that really ever see it are my friends i fish with as ill sometimes wear shorts on the boat....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a saying,

The difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos don't judge those without.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deviants never want to be judged and liberals go out of their way to accommodate and support deviant behavior. Used to be called defining deviancy down. It is not working out well for our society.

Before all you ink fans get riled up, I am not suggesting that you are sexual deviants. You are just deviating from a formerly established social norm.

I'm better when I move.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Having CANCELLED the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us, he TOOK IT AWAY, nailing it to the cross"

That is AWESOME!

Living under the law is a horrible place to spend one's life. The new that was ushered in when the old was done away with is such an incredible gift... even most Christians don't begin to grasp the depth and meaning of it all.

When Moses introduced the law it brought guilt, sin consciousness, and condemnation. That's just the inward view, the outward is where things got really ugly. It gave birth to pointing fingers, looking down the nose, pious holier than thou mentality you see in so many people both the lost and the redeemed.
Everything produces fruit. From these we see the most atrocious acts men have ever committed against one another. Witch hunts, holy wars, chopping off infidel heads, mutilation of women and honor killings, etc.

Ugly.

It says He who was without sin BECAME sin.
The law was against us and the sin it described upon us.
He cancelled that law. Took it and the sin away. All nailed to cross...

It gets better! You can add the curse, too!
"Cursed is he who hangs on a tree."

The curse, the sin, and the law. He took it all. Nothing left now but the blessing, right standing with God, grace and mercy, and the very love of God Himself. All gifts given free and clear, bought and paid for. A MASTER plan!

Very cool tat!
If you're going to get tattoos, much better this than celebration and glorification of DEATH.... Skulls and bones and grave yard scenes. Even the grim reaper himself.
I never understood that. Rejoice in life..... and LIVE!
smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good gawd, all this pretty inkage, I've never had any tatoo's, always figured a silver backedgo-rilla would eventually grow hair over it and it couldn't be seen anyway.

And the older I get proves that earlier gestamation correct blush cry

Gunner

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
There is a saying,

The difference between people with tattoos and people without tattoos is that people with tattoos don't judge those without.

okay
Nice words BTW
but why the need to mark up God's handiwork to tell others?

Tats are for saying
"LOOK! I'm different and better "

I am always amazed in warm weather just how MANY have SO many tats!
Every where.

I used to point at them and say:
"look! the circus must be in town!"

No pointing now, too many to point at!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
People that don't like tattoo's wonder why people have them, think they look ugly, stupid or whatever else.
But what they don't realise is that every single little tattoo out there has a story about the wearer.
The guy with the grim reaper may of had that done when he was at his lowest darkest point in his live...a time of complete despair for him and it maybe a constant reminder to him that he never wants to ever get that low in life again.

I have 2 intertwined Roses with Butterflies flying around them.
The Roses represent myself and my partner and the Butterflies our children. The two thing's I love most in this world.
The Butterflies also show the journey of the children... They start as caterpillars (babies and children) the roses (flowers) protect and nurture them. They then go into a chrysalis (teen years) and develope and grow while still the roses (flowers) protect them and then they come out the Butterfly(The grown adult)Where they stretch their wings and fly to live their own life but returning to the (Roses)flowers as that is what has protected, nurtured them right through their life cycle.

Next time you see a tattoo on someone...instead of going ewww yuk that's horrible. Think about what story is behind it. Yes there will be the odd one that will have gotten one to look cool but the majority have a story behind why they had it and what it means to them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NZ Girl.

Glad you took the time to explain your ink story.
I think alot of folks are in your shoes.
I don't have or want any tatoos, but tasteful ones do not bother me, hell my girls have them.
I have a customer that develops an idea in his head draws it out and gets a tat after his design is done. He may spend a couple years going over what he is trying to picture/say.
He says it is almost a spiritual experience for him.

I think even you would agree that at some point, some folks are not getting inked for the above reasons.
Tats on their face or total body tats would be too much, maybe for even you. I think it's this shock version of a permenent tatoo that gets most folks. Then they judge all or most tatoos by that standard.

A tasteful tatoo, in an appropriate place can be a great thing. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Henryseale
I just don't get it. I never could understand why anyone would want to get marked up. I am not objecting to quotes of scripture as such, but to any tattos. I see people walking around showing them off thinking they are looking real cool. Does not impress me; well, not favorably anyhow. Then again, I'm not positively impressed with lip rings, nose rings, pierced nipples, pierced tounges, cheek studs, lip studs, eyebrow studs and rings, belly button rings, pierced sexual organs, etc., either. If someone wants to do it to themselves, it is their perfect right to do so, and I'll not argue that. Maybe they do impress some people, just not me. Guess I'm just not one of the cool ones. That's OK, damn glad I'm not. See 'ya at Wal Mart.

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Problem is, you can fill in that blank with ANYTHING you want and come to a conclusion that would be offensive to some.

Hunting Africa with a fine double and mounting the heads, while not odd or offensive to most here, could be a showing off, trying to impress or to be cool to others.
Wearing pink hotpants to church.
Driving a 911.
Deflave drinking IPA.
etc., etc.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Before all you ink fans get riled up, I am not suggesting that you are sexual deviants. You are just deviating from a formerly established social norm.

Kind of like Jesus did. smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NZ_Girl
People that don't like tattoo's wonder why people have them, think they look ugly, stupid or whatever else.
But what they don't realise is that every single little tattoo out there has a story about the wearer.
The guy with the grim reaper may of had that done when he was at his lowest darkest point in his live...a time of complete despair for him and it maybe a constant reminder to him that he never wants to ever get that low in life again.

I have 2 intertwined Roses with Butterflies flying around them.
The Roses represent myself and my partner and the Butterflies our children. The two thing's I love most in this world.
The Butterflies also show the journey of the children... They start as caterpillars (babies and children) the roses (flowers) protect and nurture them. They then go into a chrysalis (teen years) and develope and grow while still the roses (flowers) protect them and then they come out the Butterfly(The grown adult)Where they stretch their wings and fly to live their own life but returning to the (Roses)flowers as that is what has protected, nurtured them right through their life cycle.

Next time you see a tattoo on someone...instead of going ewww yuk that's horrible. Think about what story is behind it. Yes there will be the odd one that will have gotten one to look cool but the majority have a story behind why they had it and what it means to them.

Very well said NZ_Girl!!!

I don't have any, and I am thinking that when all is said and done, I probably won't end up with any either, but I have absolutely found what you said to be true.

More often than not, tat's aren't to impress the world, or to draw attention to themselves, but to speak to the one wearing them.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

okay
Nice words BTW
but why the need to mark up God's handiwork to tell others?

Tats are for saying
"LOOK! I'm different and better "

I am always amazed in warm weather just how MANY have SO many tats!
Every where.

I used to point at them and say:
"look! the circus must be in town!"

No pointing now, too many to point at!

That's like asking why women wear make-up?
Why do Texans wear those ugly annoying belt buckles?

and so on...

Why ask why? Stop judging and go ask! You might learn something about somebody that you otherwise may never have known.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
There is a saying,

I did what I could to keep this thread from being yet another pointless debate about tatoo's in general, but since it did, and that seems to be the tendency here, your comment is right on the money.

But then, the judgements of man or men means less and less to me as I go along. I live and breathe only to serve God and to please him. Interestingly enough, that is a lot EASIER than trying to keep people happy or worrying about them. (yep, there is an important life lesson in there) As the great song says, "He who knows me best, loves me most!"

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by FlaRick

Kind of like Jesus did. smile

He has a man open!!! ... he fires the long bomb WAY down field... TOUCHDOWNNNNN JAAAAACKAAAASSSSSSS!!! smile

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
"Having CANCELLED the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us, he TOOK IT AWAY, nailing it to the cross"

That is AWESOME!

Living under the law is a horrible place to spend one's life. The new that was ushered in when the old was done away with is such an incredible gift... even most Christians don't begin to grasp the depth and meaning of it all.

When Moses introduced the law it brought guilt, sin consciousness, and condemnation. That's just the inward view, the outward is where things got really ugly. It gave birth to pointing fingers, looking down the nose, pious holier than thou mentality you see in so many people both the lost and the redeemed.
Everything produces fruit. From these we see the most atrocious acts men have ever committed against one another. Witch hunts, holy wars, chopping off infidel heads, mutilation of women and honor killings, etc.

Ugly.

It says He who was without sin BECAME sin.
The law was against us and the sin it described upon us.
He cancelled that law. Took it and the sin away. All nailed to cross...

It gets better! You can add the curse, too!
"Cursed is he who hangs on a tree."

The curse, the sin, and the law. He took it all. Nothing left now but the blessing, right standing with God, grace and mercy, and the very love of God Himself. All gifts given free and clear, bought and paid for. A MASTER plan!

Very cool tat!
If you're going to get tattoos, much better this than celebration and glorification of DEATH.... Skulls and bones and grave yard scenes. Even the grim reaper himself.
I never understood that. Rejoice in life..... and LIVE!
smile

Indeed! Well written and well said, brother.

My ink is to tell the GOOD NEWS and to CELEBRATE. Looks like you get it smile

A different format, for sure, but I care not the method. I care only that the MESSAGE is given and spread.

as Paul said (And no, I do not come close to his dedication and am not comparing myslef to him except to try to emulate the best parts of what he wrote) "I become all things to all men that some might be saved"

If painting my whole body bright yellow and fuscia would bring just ONE hopeless person to Christ and provoke them to acccpet the free gift of Salvation, a repaired relationship with thier creator and thusly eternal life my only qustion would be "Where is the paint booth and what kind of paint should I use here?"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NZ girl,

I like yout tatoo as well. My wife has a Holy Spirit dove on her lower back with the word "SAVIOUR" and a cross overlayed over all of it with some really pretty floral wreathes below all of it. Very lovely and very meaningful.

I do not have her permission to post a picture of it so will not do so. It is kind of private to her, but those who see us at the campfire Quemedo gathering will be able to see it and report back here if they feel it is noteworthy at all.

Blessings,

MARK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to find tattoos intimidating, somehow, but now I've spent long enough in prison that I barely notice them anymore.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,467
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.