Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
PX versus USAF AAFES Shopping Mall?

The writer obviously never saw some of the Army AAFES PX's I've been in. Other than Ramstein, all of the USAF BX's in Germany and England paled in comparison to the larger Army PX's.

Hell, we had to drive all the way to Ramstein just to golf.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What ship in the early seventies was known as the USS Queerbarge?

shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Kearsarge IIRC.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Big BX is on Army post GI. Even at Ramstein The car sales and all services are at Landstul. wink

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by mrfudd
USAF is for the smart guys, Navy for smart homos, Marines for tough guys, Army for those not smart enough for AF, gay enough for Navy, or tough enough for Marines.

Too funny!! grin

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Ft Hood's px complex is impressive too. It is nicer than any bx that I have ever seen. Germany did have some nice stores back in the day- Vogelweigh, the main exchange in Frankfurt, Ktown, Ramstein. Those were the days. Bagram was not too bad in 04- we had a mobile Burger King, coffee shop, pizza joint, Thai food, plus the defacs. Just hope my next Afghan stop is as good (heading over late this year). For some reason, I just can't seem to get away from the Army. Worked CAS for the V Corps, taught at Ft Gordon, worked signals for the 25th ID in Afghanistan, signals for various Army ADA units and am about to go on a Joint Expeditionary Tasking.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bagram was not too bad in 04- we had a mobile Burger King, coffee shop, pizza joint, Thai food, plus the defacs.

Toss in a Baskin Robbins and that's pretty much the same setup every forward base I've been to. Now you have Subway's but I miss the Robin Hood sandwiches of old. For a Naval guy I spent a whole lot of my careers in deserts overseas!

Just hope my next Afghan stop is as good (heading over late this year).

Stay safe and I may see you sometime working signals. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rope Yarn Sunday - - - Commander's Time - - - Sick Day

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
How I see it if you ain't a Marine you ain't chit and we will let you know that. However Let a nasty civilian mess with a Sailor, GI Joe, or Airman and we got your back, matter of fact just step aside and let us take care of it. At the end of the day we all have a job to do and we are all brothers. Giving each other chit over branch of service is a right only we military members have.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Big BX is on Army post GI. Even at Ramstein The car sales and all services are at Landstul. wink

I spent as much time at Vogelweh's PX as Ramstein's BX. Come to think of it, since you mentioned car sales, I do think I ordered my new Jeep at Vogelweh as well.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ft Hood's px complex is impressive too. It is nicer than any bx that I have ever seen. Germany did have some nice stores back in the day- Vogelweigh, the main exchange in Frankfurt, Ktown, Ramstein. Those were the days. Bagram was not too bad in 04- we had a mobile Burger King, coffee shop, pizza joint, Thai food, plus the defacs. Just hope my next Afghan stop is as good (heading over late this year). For some reason, I just can't seem to get away from the Army. Worked CAS for the V Corps, taught at Ft Gordon, worked signals for the 25th ID in Afghanistan, signals for various Army ADA units and am about to go on a Joint Expeditionary Tasking.

Don't forget Mainz Kastel. That had one of the largest military Audio-Video stores in Europe. I can't recall if that was Army or USAF, but every room in that building was setup for different Audio-Video manufacturers. You had an entire room of Polk speakers another room for Klipsch, Yamaha, etc.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
confusedWhat is this "PX" thing you speak of??? I LIKE the Zoomies!! grin They bought LOTSA fake bloodstained,gunshot VC battle flags grin I feel very sorry for da Jarheads. Absolute WORST coffee anyone ever handed to a poor groundpounder. As for the Pier Queers, the Village People didn't make a song called "In the Air Farce" grin Straight legs! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Swampman was in the Air Force.....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Swampman was in the Air Force.....

Shhhhh ..... [Linked Image]

grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will stick with Hueys and the Cav, the gravel agitators had us forever pulling their nuts out of the fire!

Zoomies had some good Scotch for trade bait on "battle souvenirs" I will admit as it was the only way they got any. Now the Navy Sea Bees were our friends, they did all sorts of neat stuff for us.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
We just took the folks with the highest test scores. Still do. I was gonna be an Army chopper pilot. Good sergeant said "you have really high scores, why don't you fly jets?" Good man.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I'm surprised a Gun bunny could even find that, they usually can't find their azz with out a picture. wink

GUN BUNNY!!! I was Freaking Donuts and Coffee thank you very much.

Oh, I'm sorry an over paid JAFO. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I kid the Navy but you're right about the Sea Bees..don't think it would be much fun being shot at while on a big CAT movin dirt.The gun truck guys on the other hand could dish out some serious punishment should the need arise!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Klaatu
We just took the folks with the highest test scores. Still do. I was gonna be an Army chopper pilot. Good sergeant said "you have really high scores, why don't you fly jets?" Good man.

I can't speak for right now, but that was not true when I went into the Military. Actually the Air Force at that time had the lowest minimum ASVAB entrance score. Not saying that got one a good job once in.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjoin/a/asvabminimum.htm

As you can see here it is pretty even across the board mind you these are bare minimum to get in, and not to get a decent job. So the age old debate on which branch is hardest to get into really is a crock of chit.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We hauled a lot of Marines out of some real crotch places, Dong Ha, Ca Lu, Quang Ngai, An Hoa, etc etc. Same with Army grunts out of English, Bong Son, An Khe, Camp Evans, etc etc. Hauled 'em to Da Nang or CRB to catch the Freedom Bird, every one of them were smiling when they got off the Caribou and not one of them had a bad word to say to us. grin

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,031
Posts18,500,564
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.