Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
$200, which includes shipping and PayPal fees in the lower 48. If you would like to pay with a money order, I'll subtract $5 (basically passing the PayPal fees savings back to the buyer).

DANA DESIGN ArcFlex series backpack

manufacturing country: Made entirely in Bozeman, Montana USA in 1995, when Dana Gleason was still full owner and operator. Completely made in USA.

model: Terraplane.

size: medium belt (30"-36") / Large pack (torso 20"-22") / medium shoulder harness.

color: spruce green. I couldn't get a good photo of the actual color. There is a blue element to the green. It is closest to PMS309 on the Pantone Matching System Color Chart. Please loot it up here:
http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

capacity: 6050 cubic inches or 99 liters (extendable with extension skirt).

type: top loader with twin vertical pockets.

material: 500d & 1000d Cordura.

suspension system: ArcFlex with twin carbon fiber bars, 2024-T2 aluminum stay, full-length framesheet, and carbon fiber shoulder bar.

weight: 6LB 12oz.

condition: waterproof coating is in good condition. All material, buckles, zippers, and seams are in good condition.

flaws: there are some water stains that you can see in the photos, and there are some darkened areas from trail grime. I found one hole, as seen in the photos next to a quarter and frozen pea to give a good idea of the size of the hole. I've since repaired the hole with upholstery thread. There are some scuffs on the material, but there are no other holes, and there are no tears. I just handwashed this pack, so the stains that you see are there to stay. I couldn't get them out. This pack hasn't sat in a closet. It has been used, but it has not been abused. Another 10-15 good years left in it.

additional notes: This pack is from 1995, and I consider this the finest production year for Dana Design. All the parts of the packs were at their most robust. For instance, the shoulder bar is the thickest and widest you'll see in a Dana Design pack, making for better big hauling capabilities. In the coming year, they made the bar thinner and shorter across the back. The designs hadn't been modified by K2 Industries yet.

If you are seriously considering this pack, I encourage you to download the folder of photos. There are 15 full-sized photos in this zip folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?821g9bh2696v8gb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ZenoMarx is Good to Go.

I bought a Terraplane from him last year and it arrived better than described.

Buy with confidence.

Eric

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
The same guy gave me a Terraframe external frame backpack to sell. I don't have photos yet. Large belt and Large frame. I also have a medium belt for it if that would work better for someone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What size waist does that internal pack fit?

I might be interested in the external, i'll send you a pm.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
What size waist does that internal pack fit?
medium belt (30"-36") on the Terraplane internal frame backpack.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
if this was a 18 or so torso length- I would probably jump on this pack

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by llama2
if this was a 18 or so torso length- I would probably jump on this pack
Definitely too big for you.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
no offense, but that's not "Mystery Ranch" and this is not ebay . . .

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I was wondering the same thing.

Long live the NRA
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by TXRam
no offense, but that's not "Mystery Ranch" and this is not ebay . . .
I understand and respect your perspective. To you and all the other users who are annoyed, I apologize.

Not everyone is aware of the association between Dana Design and Mystery Ranch, and in not knowing, they don't realize they have an option to buy a similar quality backpack for 25-50% less. It isn't uncommon to receive PMs that ask for further information about Danas because the user thought their options were more limited and spending that kind of money on a Mystery Ranch was a difficult trigger to pull. I'm not trying to BS you, either. I put it in the subject header so people notice the listing, but I've also learned that it acts as a key piece of information for some.

I just did a search for "Mystery Ranch" in the past two weeks (the default search is one week). I see a little less than two pages with 9 different listings, including mine. That doesn't seem like much of an inconvenience for those who are both already knowledgeable about Dana Design's relationship to Mystery Ranch and who are specifically, and only, looking for a Mystery Ranch pack. And my subject header is clear. If a user was only looking for a Mystery Ranch backpack, they would know not to waste their time by clicking on my classified.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
lowered

$175, which includes shipping and PayPal fees in the lower 48.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the story on the external frame pack?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
What's the story on the external frame pack?
I've been busy. I haven't taken any photos yet. It's coming for sale. For certain.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
$165, which includes shipping and PayPal fees in the lower 48.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
SOLD. (not on this site)

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Looks like it was just someone on eBay jerking me around and thinking it is funny to screw with sellers. Never responded to messages, sent invoices, filing a claim, etc.

Pack is again available. $155, which includes shipping and PayPal fees in the lower 48.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
SOLD. (not on this site)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1911a1, 61 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,727
Posts18,514,301
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.