Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you can handle the recoil.... the LR/Vs offer a lot of advantages over the ULs......

You have to be very particular with load development for the ULs..... you have to handle them with a little more care..... and they can be quite temperamental. Extended sessions are typically out of the question as they need to be rested between strings.....

The LR/Vs on the other hand.... just want to get shot.... you can run them hot and hard.... and they never get bent out of shape.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
HR IC

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
By the way..... I think this post would be much better if we combined it with the "Pink Stock Pictures" and "Penetration on TV" post......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
If you can handle the recoil.... the LR/Vs offer a lot of advantages over the ULs...

The LR/Vs on the other hand.... just want to get shot.... you can run them hot and hard.... and they never get bent out of shape.

I heard that.... smile

Ain't that the truth... smirk

Truer words... smile

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Eremicus

But reliable under rough conditions, no way.
E

Let's hear your first-hand account of a Tikka failing in "rough conditions".

I'd like to hear it too.

Still waiting..

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My Tikka has been 100% reliable for 12 years now and it gets hunted in an assortment of driving snow, sleet, freezing rain and sub zero temps every season. It's a model 595 rather than a T-3 but I don't think they're that much different in basic design.

Probably because you've had the bolt shoved up your boyfriends aass for 11 1/2 of them years you limp dicck.

Again I haven't seen a Tikka break down, because every Tikka owner I know is a pussy. Even a good friend who is harder than [bleep] on everything wether its saws, skidders, trucks, boats, etc. fails to take any of his 7 or so T3's when he wants to beat on stuff and reaches for his slightly less gay/slightly more robust A-Bolts...

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've likely killed more deer in the past 12 years than you've ever seen you limp wristed, smart mouthed candy assed [bleep].

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You musta' tallied a few scraping them off the highway. How many signs did you spin today? Hope your limp wrist didnt get tired.

EDIT- and I dont mean your big "MENS BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS" sign, your "STOP/SLOW" sign...

Nice pm by the way, well composed I must say.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 06/27/12.

E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
Their design features, what I refered to, have a long history of failing under tough conditions.
Enclosed trigger assemblies, for instance, trap water and dust leading to malfunctions. I've had similar Remingtons do this several times.
Hook style extractors have no where near the extracting power of of the mauser claw design. I've blown primers on two different cases on two different rifles. I was able to extract and eject both cases. No pounding the bolt with a wooden block needed.
Plunger style ejectors are also troublesome at times. Brass shavings can jam them. Never happen with a fixed blade ejector.
I much prefer steel parts on my floorplates and trigger guards for odvious reasons.
This constant bragging about the accuracy of selected loads is nonsense in alot of ways. Even military snipers recognize that almost nobody can use accuracy much under one MOA in the field. Might be worth something on a small varmit rifle, but not on a big game rifle.
I realize that not everybody insists on such features. Or even feels they are necessary. I've got no problem with that.
But the question was concerning a Tikka being as good as a custom rifle. Not even close in this area.
Then there are the considerations of barrel specs as well as custom stock dimensions such as one has a choice of in a custom rifle. E

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
You musta' tallied a few scraping them off the highway. How many signs did you spin today? Hope your limp wrist didnt get tired.

EDIT- and I dont mean your big "MENS BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS" sign, your "STOP/SLOW" sign...

Nice pm by the way, well composed I must say.
I don't do signs punk. Never have.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by jwall
Sorry, but my custom would have larger features. grin knowwhatImean?

Like this?

[Linked Image]

Hope she has a tight chamber to match those nice recoil pads

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Too busy under the bosses desk eh Blackshart?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Their design features, what I refered to, have a long history of failing under tough conditions.
Enclosed trigger assemblies, for instance, trap water and dust leading to malfunctions. I've had similar Remingtons do this several times.
Hook style extractors have no where near the extracting power of of the mauser claw design. I've blown primers on two different cases on two different rifles. I was able to extract and eject both cases. No pounding the bolt with a wooden block needed.
Plunger style ejectors are also troublesome at times. Brass shavings can jam them. Never happen with a fixed blade ejector.
I much prefer steel parts on my floorplates and trigger guards for odvious reasons.
This constant bragging about the accuracy of selected loads is nonsense in alot of ways. Even military snipers recognize that almost nobody can use accuracy much under one MOA in the field. Might be worth something on a small varmit rifle, but not on a big game rifle.
I realize that not everybody insists on such features. Or even feels they are necessary. I've got no problem with that.
But the question was concerning a Tikka being as good as a custom rifle. Not even close in this area.
Then there are the considerations of barrel specs as well as custom stock dimensions such as one has a choice of in a custom rifle. E
Yeah, well I've blown way more than two primers in an old Savage 340 and extracted/ejected every one without any pounding or parts breakage. The only ejectors I ever remember breaking were the fixed, pivoting blade in the aforementioned Savage 340 and a riveted spring ejector in a Remington 870. Never had a problem with a plunger type ejector.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Too busy under the bosses desk eh Blackshart?
You're the kocksuckin' expert there Archie boy. I am the boss.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am the boss.

Is that what you tell Larry Root when you kock slap him?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I am the boss.

It's what I'll tell you after I b*tch slap the taste out of your mouth and you're crying like a little girl at my feet.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I am the boss.

It's what I'll tell you after I b*tch slap the taste out of your mouth and you're crying like a little girl at my feet.

So you would let a man suck your kock? Dude or should i say dudet you have issues.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 257WBYLOVER
I am the boss.

So you would let a man suck your kock? Dude or should i say dudet you have issues.
Where did you get that idea from ? Reading comprehension's not your strong suit huh dummy ? If this place wasn't chock full of [bleep] like you and Archie boy, y'all wouldn't have kock suckin' on your minds all the damn time. Geezus you [bleep] creep me the hell out !

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
archie and black..... you two monkey sure know how to f'up a decent post..... go talk about soaking each other's corks elsewhere.... maybe in a PM?

e...... I figured you were beyond copying the points of someone else's post and them passing them off as original thought..... 7th grade plagiarism at its best. I also appreciate the random compilation of things that 'could' go wrong.... that you've never actually seen.....

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Personally,

I like Tikka rifles, custom rifless and custom Tikka rifles. I also like the little green sweetie in the beginning of this "close to derailed" thread.

Here is a "semi" custom T3. It is started as a plastic stocked .243. Now it wears a lilja tube in 6mm Remington and a green laminated stock off a .300 win Tikka. I topped it with a 4-14 Leupold with an M1 turret, in Talley lightweights. :

[Linked Image]

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
mackay,

i don't know you,

but i have to say that whenever i read your posts, you always have something good to say--very professional--and, you add a real touch of class to everything you put your words to...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,793
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.