Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6632226 06/27/12
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Back in early March, after ordering a new McMillan Edge, I called PT&G to order a set of aluminum one piece bottom metal for my SS M70 FW that was going into the new stock. I first spoke to a man about the SA bottom metal, asking if they had it in stock. He replied, "I'm holding one in my hand right now". He transferred me to the order dept to place my order. I ordered and the lady said "It will go out today". After 3 or 4 days I called them back, asking for a tracking number. The lady said "Just a moment". 15 minutes later, she said, "We don't have those in stock right now, but we will have them for sure in one week, and it will be shipped out then". Hiding my frustration, I said, "Alright,that will be OK". When I called back a week later, the lady told me that they still did not have them and did not know when they would be available. That PI$$ED me off. I cancelled the order and ask her to make sure the order was cancelled. She acknowledged that it was. So, I ordered the parts for a one piece bottom metal set-up from Winchester. I would end up 1.5 ounces heavier, because Winchesters floor plate is SS instead of aluminum, but I was OK with that. I got the parts from Winchester in 5 days, the rifle has since been assembled and shown on this forum.
Today, a package arrives on my door step. When I opened the box, I got PI$$ED! It was, you guessed it, PT&G bottom metal, 4 months later, from an order that PT&G's rep said was, for sure, cancelled. It is charged to my credit card. This is the height of incompetence. Some of you might say, " well sometimes mistakes happen". Not that many mistakes in succession on one order. I am afraid to send it back. As bad as PT&G handles transactions, it may take 4 more months to get the credit back on my account, or maybe never. I will probably will just sell it for what I have in it. I know some of you may have had good dealings with them. If so, I'm glad it worked out for you. But, for me, NEVER again.

Last edited by rj308; 06/27/12.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They will credit your card. Don't ask me how I know.

I had them send the wrong part 3X in a row and charge my card twice for the one piece ordered. Nice people, but they should pay more for one competent person up front.

In fairness I should add they paid the return shipping each time. But it took months to get the correct part, and there is no doubt they paid much more in shipping costs than they made in profit on the part.

Last edited by RickF; 06/27/12.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
After my last dealings with PTG a few years back after a crap reamer Dave K can kiss my azz....Russ

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Two months ago I ordered a 338 Lapua finish reamer. When it arrived it was a 338 Norma in the box. Quickly sent it back. They didn't have the Lapua in stock so the wait began. In desperation last week I had them send a carbide Lapua reamer at a much higher price just to keep two customers off my azz. It appears to me this is a classic case of a company that grew to big to quickly and customer service suffered badly.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I regret to hear all your bad experiences.

In my dealings with PTG I have had no issues. They once did overcharge my card, but recredited the card within a day. And in fairness, they charged me the listed price for the item. When I told the gal on the phone that Dave had given me a break on the item she verified it with him and recredited the account.

It only took me a week or so to get my most recent reamer. They probably had it on the shelf already.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The last time i ordered a reamer and head space gauges they didn't have then in stock , they had them made up and shipped in less than two weeks , business hours. Never had a problem with them . Great company to do business with .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've only ordered from them once. Ordered M70 LA bottom metal coated black. From call to my door was a couple of days. Glad I didn't have the problems some of you did.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have bought numerous items from them for several years. All of my dealings have been positive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had them send orders to the wrong address', ship me wrong orders, incorrect reamers, ect. It sucks to be sure but until I can find another place I will have to continue to purchase from them. ADam

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
You say it is aluminum M70 one piece short action bottom metal?

I will buy it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever is going on with PTG must have came up in the last year or so as I have had issues of late also. Before a year ago never a complaint. Now, the last two custom reamer drawings sent in for grindning had reamers show up that were off the shelf sammi types. No where near what was specified per the drawings. First sent back and recived the correct grind, the sencond sent back and order cancelled. Should have cancelled the first wrong order as I feel that there was no mistake in sending a off the self reamer inastead of grinding the custom as ordered and paid for.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I ordered a reamer (in stock) on June 4th. It arrived on the 7th. or 8th. This has been my only experience with them so far but it was very positive and a pretty nice reamer too.

Bob

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ordered a reamer over 4 months ago, I have called once a week for the last 4 weeks...They say the reamer is in back off, it's been there a month...Patience is getting a bit short!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They sent my go gauge but not the reamer. I asked the nice lady why they would send the go gauge with out the reamer and she just said they do that kind of $hit back there. I asked not to billed twice for shipping when both could have been put in that tiny box.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Granted they are a little quirky but I have actually had really good luck with them. I'll keep ordering stuff from them and just dealing with it. The actual build quality of the bottom metal and firing pins is very good.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Let me know if you want to sell the bottom metal.

How much does it actually weigh?

R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I will be selling the bottom metal to a member here. I appreciate that. I will have no further dealings with PT&G. Thanks to all for your comments. RJ

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A little quirky is an understatement. I bought a reamer from them that scuffed the throat. Screwed up a Shilen barrel that was mine. Sent it back and and talked to them about the issue with the reamer, told them exactly how the reamer was ran and they acknowledged that there was an issue with the grind on it. They reground the reamer to correct. Waited for 8 months for delivery back. When I called to find out what was up with it and why I had not got it back was told that I owed them for return shipping. Even though they had my email, street address, and both cell and house phone number I was never contacted. Asked to speak with Kiff and all I heard out of his pie hole was that he grinds all of Rugers tools ( which to me means less than Jack chit) so as far as I am concern [bleep] him

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rj308
He transferred me to the order dept to place my order. I ordered and the lady said "It will go out today".

I love when he say's "just a minute", then all of the sudden you got this gal on the phone.

It's an un-organized mess over there, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 'smith who is a member here ordered a std 270WBY floating pilot reamer. Pretty std stuff to me.... Been waiting about 10 weeks now. He and I both hope it's correct when it arrives as he has stated he has had issues also but everyone is backed up....

Why is it somebody doesn't make a top quality reamer with the top 100 chamberings in stock??? I mean we are talking low cost in the big scheme of things......

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10ring1, 16gage, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,754
Posts18,514,763
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.