Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
...more of its detractors calling for a repeal of the 16th Amendment?

And I'm being charitable by saying "more". I actually haven't heard any of the talking heads saying it.

Now that this precedent exists, Team State's going to find use for it for lots of other shenanigans (they were doing it anyway, but now it has official SC sanction). The biggest structural way to defang Leviathan (and one that might be kinda popular right now) is to yank the 16th. Obviously there are some tax clauses written into the actual body of the USC that could still be twisted somewhat to achieve similar ends, but the Statists' single biggest tool would be gone.

Even if O-care got repealed, what's to stop it from coming back around in a few years, unless you really take away the tool that enables it?

So:
- If you hear somebody going on about freedom and liberty and the Constitution, and they're just arguing for the repeal of O-care, then all the first part (freedom, liberty, and the Constitution) is a lie. They don't really mean it. They're jut saying that so that you will hand them your chains.
- If they're talking about repeal of the 16th Amendment, then maybe they are serious about all the "freedom and liberty" part.

Pine

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I listened to Mark Levin last night, and fully agree with him in the fact that there is no good whatsoever that came from yesterday's decision. he stated it set precedent, and cannot be undone. He also stated the t/v, radio, blog talking heads looking for good in i.e. commerce clause effect, election consequences, etc. were trying to escape the reality of actually happened. Levin knows Roberts from the Reagan administration. The Constitution was raped.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The only thing left of our Constitution is a hanging chad... Nothin' more..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by levrluvr
I listened to Mark Levin last night, and fully agree with him in the fact that there is no good whatsoever that came from yesterday's decision. he stated it set precedent, and cannot be undone. He also stated the t/v, radio, blog talking heads looking for good in i.e. commerce clause effect, election consequences, etc. were trying to escape the reality of actually happened. Levin knows Roberts from the Reagan administration. The Constitution was raped.
Levin is spot on here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr

I still don't understand how the ruling was positive in light of the Commerce Clause. It really didn't set any limit on what could be regulated.

The decision was a total, unmitigated disaster.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Americans hate taxes. Roberts identified the health care plan for what it is, another tax. Roberts stuffed this issue right down the democrats throat. Now they have to answer to common sense Americans about a new and expensive tax. My only concern is, are there 51% of Americans with common sense?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I am betting 80% of Americans do not have a clue who Roberts is and will never be able to understand what happened yesterday.

55% of Americans are just happy to see their government teat getting fatter and have no care where the money comes from.

:sarcasm:Tax the rich, till there ain't no rich no mo'.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
:sarcasm:Tax the rich, till there ain't no rich no mo'.

hasn't happened yet, and it won't anytime in the next lifetime or two.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And now taxes can be levied by the government for the direct benefit of the insurance and health care industries.
Kinda eliminates the middle man.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 06hunter59, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 18,381 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,961
Posts18,539,674
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.